lancashire cleanin

Shamys
« on: June 24, 2006, 09:05:49 pm »
Does anyone still use shamys?

I stopped using them over a year ago because I thought they were hard work. They became slimey and it was harder to buff off. Is this just me? I just use two scrims, one damp and one dry.
Ive heard of these micro fiber cloth things, are they any good?

Regards

Barry

bumper

Re: Shamys
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 09:24:37 pm »
i just use a damp towel then buff it up with microfiber or just rag them with a scrim

KJG

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 09:36:44 pm »
I still use them now and again as I feel naked with out one ??? However, the quality of them today is definately not as good as years gone by.

The new micros are very good. I use a terry weave as a substitute leather and a flat weave as a scrim.

The only things against them are they're easily damaged on rough commercial work and the daft light colours.

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:02:00 pm »
The only things against them are they're easily damaged on rough commercial work and the daft light colours   

Completely agree with you on the colours. Bought a cheap pack of 3 from Wilkinson's to try them out and got a bright pink one a fluorescent bogey green one and a normal blue one.

Can't complain for a fiver though. Just using them as sill wipes cause i quite like using the scrim for detailing edges of panes.

Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

KJG

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:40:57 pm »
The only things against them are they're easily damaged on rough commercial work and the daft light colours   

Completely agree with you on the colours. Bought a cheap pack of 3 from Wilkinson's to try them out and got a bright pink one a fluorescent bogey green one and a normal blue one.

Can't complain for a fiver though. Just using them as sill wipes cause i quite like using the scrim for detailing edges of panes.

Sunshine

Lol @ bogey green. How big were they from Wilko's?

dougster

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 11:33:21 pm »
im here in Burnley in lancashire, and swapped over to microwipes six months ago. Will never go back, makes lite work of ledded windows. cheers dougster