Sparkkadian

Gauging interest in custom made wfp trolley.
« on: November 29, 2012, 10:10:52 am »
Hi guys, so I'm hoping to gauge interest before we build any number of these. So for those of you who need or use a wfp trolley. Would you buy one of these?

- Fully welded steel and powder coated chassis.
- 20-25 litre capacity as standard (larger available if required)
- At least 4LPM 80psi pump
- High quality ritar or yuasa 12v battery
- Puncture proof cell foam wheels
- Easy access power switch with flow control. (Highly likely to be remote controlled)

The idea of this trolley is for it to be a 'buy once and forget about it' system. We decided to make our own after buying backpacks etc from the larger suppliers, which are heavy, bulky, badly designed and put together.

So we are building this trolley to be almost bullet proof. With components such as the battery and pump etc easily removable, so that when it comes to replacing them in the future, the job will be hassle free.

The electrics will also be well put together and well protected. This is something that has always proved to be a problem for us with other trolley or backpack systems.

The trolley will be slimmer (for alley way access on houses), lighter (when lifting in and out of vehicles), have a lower centre of gravity, and be better specced than most others on the market.

Were hoping for the price to work out cheaper once we have got our own costs down further, but i can guarantee the absolute maximum we would charge for one of these systems would be £495. - Which is the same as or cheaper than equivalent systems as far as I'm aware.

Were doing ones for ourselves, and fellow cleaners near to us, so please let me know what you think, and id welcome any opinions or constructive criticism to make it as good as possible for users.

Pics of finished article will follow soon.

Cheers!
-Mike-

G Griffin

Re: Gauging interest in custom made wfp trolley.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:22:47 am »
I think some like the idea of a pole holder.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:31 am »
Hi Mike,

I would be willing to pay cost price for the time and components and test one out for you if you want an unbias view on it.

Lighter is a good thing as is access to the things underneath the look of it is also important (well it would be to me)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Nick Wareham

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:12:44 pm »
Hi Mike,

I would be willing to pay cost price for the time and components and test one out for you if you want an unbias view on it.

Lighter is a good thing as is access to the things underneath the look of it is also important (well it would be to me)

Ian

Don't forget you'll need extra racking to hold about 100ft of plastic barriers and cones, for when you courdon off the area when using poles.

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »
Hi Mike,

Ian

Don't forget you'll need extra racking to hold about 100ft of plastic barriers and cones, for when you courdon off the area when using poles.
will use it for basement windows Nick  ;D I didnt post about the cones and tape I just got feathered and tarred with it mate
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sparkkadian

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 12:23:25 pm »
I think some like the idea of a pole holder.

That is definitely something we can easily incorporate into the design, also brackets to wind the hose around which keep everything neat and tidy.

Sparkkadian

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 12:25:16 pm »
Hi Mike,

Ian

Thanks Ian, appreciate the offer, ill keep you posted as we make progress.

Gray1

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
Hi do a google and search 'water fed pole' images,
Now take all the best bits of the trolly's available.
I think the best one available is the X line lightweight alloy fully welded and adonised, wide tyres so they dont 'track' the lawns, with full size pump / controler, the telescopic handle drops down inside and you are able to get it in the boot of a car or use it as a power unit for a van system.
If you can do the same you will be on a winner.

atb
Gray1

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 07:08:47 pm »
I don't think steel is the way to go. Alloy would be what I would look
For if I was in the market for one.

Sparkkadian

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 07:41:16 pm »
Hi do a google and search 'water fed pole' images,
Now take all the best bits of the trolly's available.
I think the best one available is the X line lightweight alloy fully welded and adonised, wide tyres so they dont 'track' the lawns, with full size pump / controler, the telescopic handle drops down inside and you are able to get it in the boot of a car or use it as a power unit for a van system.
If you can do the same you will be on a winner.

atb
Gray1

Hi, thanks i hope we can do as good or even better!

Yea I've seen the x line before, its a nice looking trolley. Our design is going to be different to that but hopefully for the best.

paul saunders

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »
I don't think steel is the way to go. Alloy would be what I would look
For if I was in the market for one.

Alloy is so last Year. Carbon fibre is all the rage now.  ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »
i dont understand why anybody who has a substantial round/work would ever bother with a trolley after using a van mount system.i used a trolley for 12 months and swore it was the best way to work until i got 100m of microbore,tank and reel.

each to there own though.i was very glad to see the back of my trolley!

best wishes and good luck with it though pal.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

wightsurf

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »
I agree Dazmond but there are times when you cant get the van where the windows are.

concept

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
Some of our larger commercials require a trolley/backpack, as they have internal courtyards that you simply can't get to.

They are just another tool to use.

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 10:57:16 pm »
Some of our larger commercials require a trolley/backpack, as they have internal courtyards that you simply can't get to.

They are just another tool to use.
totally I have a folks home that has just this problem with internal courtyards where can mount can't be used, I get where dazmond is coming from using a trolley everyday must be a nightmare humping barrels and trolley in and out all day backpack trolley and van mount each have their use