John Mart

Re: Royal Mail Door to Door
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2018, 08:10:46 pm »
take holidays/sick days/bad weather etc off 52 weeks and your left with roughly 46 weeks of the year working.you d have to be turning over nearly £2000 EVERY WEEK to hit 90k......

Calm down this is CIU dazmond!! ;D anything is possible here ;D

You can be fully set up wfp with a nice enough van for 5/6/7k. Makes you wonder who would want to be employed when 90k can be achieved so cheaply?
If it was so easy we’d all be doing it. It’s not rocket science but it does require single mindedness and investment in marketing. One guy that intends to remain one guy would struggle I’d think without the investment in marketing.

There will always be doubters but I’m about three weeks from 3 vans all with guaranteed £2k a week each in round work. By the end of the summer van 4 will be 1/3 to 1/2 full.

It’s all down to investment in marketing. Currently we’re spending about £1,000 a week. It’s not as cheap as you suggest. But anyone could do it.

paul alan

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:15 pm »
You don’t need to be down south to earn silly money , my average 2 monthly price is around £22 and I’m about 40 minutes away from the Trafford centre in Manchester .
And there’s still Windy’s who are too scared to charge a tenner all over my area
Well that would be my suspicion. There's lots round her charging much less than I do. Some charging more mind you.

People buy people, it’s as simple as that. I would certainly pay a higher price for someone like me to clean my windows than someone in trackies and trainers hanging around my property.

Bang on!

Stoots

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2018, 08:50:47 pm »
You don’t need to be down south to earn silly money , my average 2 monthly price is around £22 and I’m about 40 minutes away from the Trafford centre in Manchester .
And there’s still Windy’s who are too scared to charge a tenner all over my area

Really thats good going, mind you i would imagine 40 mins gets you out into the cheshire countryside ? or am i wrong...

Slacky

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2018, 09:46:28 pm »
Man I wish I lived down south  :'(
If I didn't have family commitments I'd make the move for sure...

90k a year for a one man van  :o

Makes such a massive difference to R.O.I on these types of things when your average house price is double what we get up north.

why?do you honestly think 90k is normal for an average window cleaner even down south to earn?i doubt it very much.....and besides everything is much more expensive so your more than likely  no better off anyway......... ;)

What is more expensive Daz, when you say everything?

Shrek

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2018, 09:49:31 pm »

Really thats good going, mind you i would imagine 40 mins gets you out into the cheshire countryside ? or am i wrong...

I am confident I could get good prices anywhere. Yes you live in an ex mining town but that doesn’t mean everyone living there is poor.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E61326

Look how many properties there are in North Yorkshire that are worth over £150k - over 21000!
I certainly don’t have that many houses worth that much in my town.
Posties in Yorkshire earn the same as everywhere else (apart from London) , workers from Tesco’s earn the same etc etc
You just gotta stick to your price and slowly grow an awesome round . Sometimes I just tell them I’m not currently taking on in their street if it’s a crap area.

Tom-01

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2018, 10:11:44 pm »
take holidays/sick days/bad weather etc off 52 weeks and your left with roughly 46 weeks of the year working.you d have to be turning over nearly £2000 EVERY WEEK to hit 90k......

You can be fully set up wfp with a nice enough van for 5/6/7k. Makes you wonder who would want to be employed when 90k can be achieved so cheaply?

The employed person just does the work. They don't think about the business side of things at all. Turn up. Do the work. Go home. No costs. No hassle.

So if they are working a normal working day it is achievable to hit those figures.

My guy is doing an average of £454 a day this week, all regular windows. And we're behind due to me not working, got someone starting in 4 weeks.

It's possible if you pay well. Some people are just not cut out to run a business and much prefer working and going home. They're the people to find. Treat them well and the business owner also gets good results.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2018, 10:49:54 pm »
You see, it's easy. 4 to 500 £ a day and pulled out with it- so much so Tom is having to take another employee on to keep up with it all!! ;D

Dazmond, get with the program dude!

Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:37 pm »
some real high flyers getting ridiculous amounts of money out of their employees per day by the sounds of it.....lets hope they dont find out how much money their making their bosses eh lads? ::)roll

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2018, 11:30:27 pm »

The employed person just does the work. They don't think about the business side of things at all. Turn up. Do the work. Go home. No costs. No hassle.

So if they are working a normal working day it is achievable to hit those figures.

My guy is doing an average of £454 a day this week, all regular windows. And we're behind due to me not working, got someone starting in 4 weeks.

It's possible if you pay well. Some people are just not cut out to run a business and much prefer working and going home. They're the people to find. Treat them well and the business owner also gets good results.

£454 on average a  day cleaning windows?...i must be doing something wrong!ive  never got anywhere near them figures....even when i used to work longer days! :o
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2018, 06:57:12 am »
To return to topic, we've added 170 nett 8 weekly customers in the last calendar month. Gross was obviously higher but we lose a few every month as expected. Total since the start is 280 nett growth.

We've now got 7 consecutive weeks of leaflets booked going out with Royal Mail. Total is 87,000 to be delivered.

Go

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2018, 05:36:04 pm »
Great results!

paul alan

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2018, 07:28:46 pm »
To return to topic, we've added 170 nett 8 weekly customers in the last calendar month. Gross was obviously higher but we lose a few every month as expected. Total since the start is 280 nett growth.

We've now got 7 consecutive weeks of leaflets booked going out with Royal Mail. Total is 87,000 to be delivered.

So how much has that cost you per customer? and whats the average price?

Inspiring by the way.

John Mart

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2018, 07:40:48 pm »

Inspiring by the way.
The last time I worked it out to date it was around £35 per customer. Obviously every time there's another one that drops.  My average price is around £26 per 8 weekly clean. One thing should be obvious is that it's far, far better value than canvassed work just on a cost per customer basis as I'd pay £72 per customer if it was canvassed. Plus the retention rate I would expect to be higher.

paul alan

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2018, 09:10:54 pm »

Inspiring by the way.
The last time I worked it out to date it was around £35 per customer. Obviously every time there's another one that drops.  My average price is around £26 per 8 weekly clean. One thing should be obvious is that it's far, far better value than canvassed work just on a cost per customer basis as I'd pay £72 per customer if it was canvassed. Plus the retention rate I would expect to be higher.

this is pretty awesome, you've built a £48k per year round for just under £10k. Mind if I have a peek at your leaflets please?

John Mart

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2018, 05:32:49 am »

Inspiring by the way.

this is pretty awesome, you've built a £48k per year round for just under £10k. Mind if I have a peek at your leaflets please?
I’m not sure how you’ve done the sums but using .3% return which is about what we’re getting to date it should be a £68k round for around £10k. Each customer is around £165. I should add that we’ve got about 4 other leafleters each doing a few hours a week in various parts of the area we cover.  We’ve been doing that for a few years but this year we wanted to really push forward as it was too slow. We’re hoping in total for around 5-600 new customers in the year which is about 3x what we’ve been getting.

The leaflets are at the top of this thread.

paul alan

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2018, 11:48:02 am »
Even better! Good going that. Cheers

Bernie Green

« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2018, 12:08:05 pm »
You can get a reply from a flier months, even years later. People keep them in drawers, pinned to notice boards etc. You also get replies from roads/areas you haven't ever delivered to because people pass them on to friends and family. That's why they are so good.

Years ago we tried out getting leaflets delivered with the freebie newspapers. It was a total disaster, I don't think they were ever put through any of the doors. For that reason its worth doing a bit of back checking if you can.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2018, 10:33:03 pm »
good work fat steve  ;D ;D ;D ;D

your be able to stay in a caravan now and not a tent  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stoots

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2018, 12:33:25 am »
Man I wish I lived down south  :'(
If I didn't have family commitments I'd make the move for sure...

90k a year for a one man van  :o

Makes such a massive difference to R.O.I on these types of things when your average house price is double what we get up north.

why?do you honestly think 90k is normal for an average window cleaner even down south to earn?i doubt it very much.....and besides everything is much more expensive so your more than likely  no better off anyway......... ;)

I don't see why not, I see a lot have an average price in the 20 odd quid range. 20 jobs a day at 20 quid is 2k a week. 45 week year for 90k.

Obviously you would do 85k and have a couple of extra weeks off. But yeh shouldn't be too hard in some areas I wouldn't have thought.

John Mart

« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2018, 06:00:12 am »
good work fat steve  ;D ;D ;D ;D

your be able to stay in a caravan now and not a tent  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
At least I don’t live in one.  ;D