John Mart

Re: Royal Mail Door to Door
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 04:48:33 pm »
Just a further update. We ended up on 42 new 8 weeklys last week which is probably double the previous best.

We're up to 23 new ones from that first drop. We've 11,000 going out next week then 10,000 the week after with another to be scheduled for soon after that one.

I will update on the return for those considering Royal Mail. I calculate roughy .2% to date.

james peters

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 04:57:54 pm »
very encouraging.
you will find that work will still come trickling in from each drop for the next 3 months , tho it will slow down .

Tom-01

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 08:17:59 am »
Thanks for the update.

How much did the initial Royal Mail drop cost? Was the return worth it?

Do you field all the calls personally yourself to quote over the phone? Do you get a description of the house, how many windows etc if you can't see property online?

Thanks
Tom

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 10:23:16 am »
I used to go out and quote every single house , these days , since google street view has the 3D option, you can see all around the house in a lot of detail so find it a waste of fuel going out if it’s not needed . ( unless of course they’ve recently had an extension or it’s a new build not on the maps)

John Mart

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 11:00:15 am »
I used to go out and quote every single house , these days , since google street view has the 3D option, you can see all around the house in a lot of detail so find it a waste of fuel going out if it’s not needed . ( unless of course they’ve recently had an extension or it’s a new build not on the maps)
I very rarely go out to quote. For a mansion or large commercial I would and that’s it really unless I happen to be very nearby by coincidence.

John Mart

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 11:03:26 am »
Thanks for the update.

How much did the initial Royal Mail drop cost? Was the return worth it?

Do you field all the calls personally yourself to quote over the phone? Do you get a description of the house, how many windows etc if you can't see property online?

Thanks
Tom
Yes I answer the calls myself. Initial drop was £900 or so. I think it’s about £40 per customer to date. I don’t record the one off fascias etc values  as that’s not what I’m interested in. Just regular 8 weekly customers is what I want.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 11:13:46 am »
HI There,

in summery what is the total amount of leaflets your having dropped and the total cost by RM

just having trouble crunching your numbers

cheers
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 01:47:09 pm »
HI There,

in summery what is the total amount of leaflets your having dropped and the total cost by RM

just having trouble crunching your numbers

cheers
Darran
To date:
First drop 12,000 £900ish (21/5)
second drop  11,000 (next week) £800ish
third drop 11,000 (week after) £800 ish
fourth 10,000 (not yet booked £800ish

It's £69 per thousand + Vat from memory.

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 11:25:10 pm »
Cheers,

Thought I read it right, that’s quite pricey tho, many places will do solus drop for £60 per thousand

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

John Mart

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 06:29:49 am »
Cheers,

Thought I read it right, that’s quite pricey tho, many places will do solus drop for £60 per thousand

Darran
I’ve never seen that sort of price. Have you got a link to any? That’s around £5 per hour based on 120 leaflets an hour.

Smudger

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 09:19:00 am »
Other half deals with that side de of things but we use 2 companies who charge that locally

I’ll see what details she has

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 10:16:06 pm »

John Mart

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 08:29:01 pm »
http://d2dc.co.uk/solus-leaflet-distribution/
Cheers. I'll investigate but I confess I can't see how it is possible to deliver solus at that price. I'd be sceptical as they must be paying a pittance. Much less than the minimum wage.

Anyway, second drop next week. 10,050 going out.

26 we're up to as a return on the first drop. Last week was more normal in terms of new regular customers at 16. However none of our regular leafleters were out because of half term. They usually do 20 hours or so between them. We pay well at £9 per hour on a self employed basis.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 10:03:30 am »
Hi John,

Sounds like you are getting a good response with this leaflet , well done! i have always struggled with leaflets and got a terrible result with the last lot , it was suggested to me that it was because there was no incentive eg 50% off or £5 of blah blah blah , i noticed yours dont have any incentive either but your still getting good results , have you done previous drops with an incentive or different design/format to these and got differing results?

John Mart

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2018, 07:50:10 pm »
Hi John,

Sounds like you are getting a good response with this leaflet , well done! i have always struggled with leaflets and got a terrible result with the last lot , it was suggested to me that it was because there was no incentive eg 50% off or £5 of blah blah blah , i noticed yours dont have any incentive either but your still getting good results , have you done previous drops with an incentive or different design/format to these and got differing results?
I’ve never had an offer on a leaflet. Well I’ve never had an offer full stop.  >:(

yanwhittaker

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2018, 03:32:13 pm »
We find this a waste of money

We could have got you £300 worth of 4 weekly/monthly work for £900 and we would guarantee them for 4 months in the areas you want. We can pick this amount up for you or more in a DAY. ready to clean 2 days after

John Mart

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2018, 04:22:07 pm »

We could have got you £300 worth of 4 weekly/monthly work for £900 and we would guarantee them for 4 months in the areas you want. We can pick this amount up for you or more in a DAY. ready to clean 2 days after
That's £90 a job as opposed to £30ish. Something wrong with your maths mate.  ;D ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2018, 07:54:10 pm »
  ;D John just one thing do you think you're jumping the gun by assuming the customers that are saying they want regular will remain regular? how can you be so sure I know as well as you do you get a lot of messers that say one thing changed their mind do the other wish to cancel because Windows remain wet your figures are working that's good but the initial 20-something customers that are regular could just want one clean 2 cleans 3 cleans it's hard to say and they will say yes they want it just to get what for a  first clean how do you deal with that?  I'm sure you have that not that it's a problem because hopefully you are charging more on the first clean

Crystal-clear

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2018, 07:57:07 pm »

That's £90 a job as opposed to £30ish. Something wrong with your maths mate.  ;D ;)
I always thought there must be a reason why the big boys don't do canvassing hardcore anymore these days at £30 per customer it sounds like you can even make a £10 profit per cust or at least Break Even per cust

John Mart

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 08:31:04 pm »
  ;D John just one thing do you think you're jumping the gun by assuming the customers that are saying they want regular will remain regular? how can you be so sure I know as well as you do you get a lot of messers that say one thing changed their mind do the other wish to cancel because Windows remain wet your figures are working that's good but the initial 20-something customers that are regular could just want one clean 2 cleans 3 cleans it's hard to say and they will say yes they want it just to get what for a  first clean how do you deal with that?  I'm sure you have that not that it's a problem because hopefully you are charging more on the first clean
True, they won’t all last. But the new ones will generate other new ones and actually you end up with more. So the week we gained 46, we probably lost 5 that we’d gained over the last 6 months hence why generation of new customers needs to be ongoing.