Iain p

Re: How do you keep books?
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 08:13:31 pm »
Hey people!

I have been away for a few days and just got back to see about 20 new posts.

Many thanks! :)

I have downloaded george and backdated all my work a month and now have it all sorted out.

Cheers

Iain

beefy

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 10:02:17 pm »
dont worry mate, all i did was stick every reciept in a plastic folder, they go from april to april then after my 1st year when i got a self assessment(which might as well of been in chinese) gave it all to an accountant with a diary of what id earned & he worked wonders. the more you worry the worse it seems-stick a tenner a week a way from now & youll be sound'
im in my 3rd year now & all correct with above system
also save £2 a week for your stamp

#*anthony##

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 11:54:12 pm »
I have now been going nearly a year and write down daily what i've earned  and what i spend but have to say have had good advice from an accountant (customer of mine) who has put me in the right direction 

gaza

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 12:24:52 pm »
next year I  will be puttinng a third of what I take away in the bank,so at the end of the finanace year, enough tax will be there, enough for self ni stamp and with other costs out should leave me with enough to expand and a day trip somwhere ;D ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Fast 1 *

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 03:36:58 pm »
set up a direct debit for your NI contributions.Rather than paying a big tax bill,spend on your business
wildstyles

Iain p

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 06:06:53 pm »
Hi again,

Thanks for posts.

I sent my forms (to register) off over 2 weeks ago to the tax & I haven't heard anything back yet?? Is this normal???

I also filled in the direct debit form for my NI contributions and sent it off on the same day.

I keep checking the bank and still no sign of NI being taken out of my account?

Whats wrong with them? Or do the take it out on a monthly basis???

Iain

*Chris Browne

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 07:22:38 pm »
Dont worry, they wont forget ;D i think without checking thats its quarterly am i right?

good luck!

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

JohnL

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2006, 10:57:13 pm »
Dont forget there are 2 Nat Ins contributions to pay.

One is the standard that I pay with the Inc Tax and is calculated on your turnover and the other is the Self Employed Class 2  Nat Ins which is around £10 a month

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Iain p

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2006, 11:33:14 pm »
Think its the class 2 I will be paying? Well so I was told when I phoned up at first.

Iain