[GQC] Tim

Insurance apart from Public Liability
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:23:09 pm »
Hi guys, I'm in an advanced stage of setting up my Window Cleaning, but I don't really understand what is needed apart from Public Liability Insurance, thing is everything is pretty new here in the UK, only been here for about a year (I'm Dutch)

I'm a young guy (22) not married, so I suppose Life Insurance isn't needed yet, but what about Accident and Illness cover or something similar?

Can anyone give me some links to what exactly is needed and what it all means, apart from Liability insurance...what do I need more?

Kind Regards and many thanks in advance,

Timber

Trevor Knight

Re: Insurance apart from Public Liability
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 03:49:55 pm »
Try these-

Public Liability - Willis www.willis.com

Make sure this covers all aspects of your working environment. Tools, equipment, ladders, damage to properties, general public, hire of equipment if stolen, loss of earnings etc...

Accident & Insurance - Fed of Window Cleaners www.f-w-c.co.uk

if your working on your own you need insurance, especially if you have an accident, god forbid. DONT sell yourself short just to save a few quid because when you need it, you will wish you had more!

Make sure you have the right insurance cover for your vehicle. i.e. for and including business use. If you don't and the police stop you, YOUR IN TROUBLE!! Make sure your cover is inclusive of tools, equipment etc..

Otherwise, have fun, good luck.

Trev

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 04:00:27 pm »
Call me stupid, but I can't find anything on the FWC website about Health and Accident insurance
Do you need to join FWC or something?

:-X sorry

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 04:57:46 pm »
Ah i/c I'm googling for some stuff, and found some websites....how much % of your gross income should be for monthly benefit?

*Enter the monthly benefit you require (maximum £1000 or 50% of your gross monthly income)*

Any ideas? :)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 06:16:17 pm »
Give the Fed Of W/C a call, they will be able to help you.

I pay something like £200+ per year per employee and they get something like 26 weeks at £185 per week and then 26 weeks at £82 then its over.

Not too sure about figures, am out of the office at the mo, sorry.

Can look them up later for you.

Regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire