md_cleaning

your best pre spray
« on: September 15, 2009, 04:39:48 pm »
What is your best ever pre spray? I've tried lots over the years but always end up back with solutions as have always found it does a goo job on most things and is fairly cheap, but am wanting to give something else a try as new ones seem to come out all the time, so what is your best all round pre spray that eats up the most stains specially bad traffic marks?
   Dave

Re: your best pre spray
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 04:53:48 pm »
Dave, sorry to tell you this but you cant get a CHEAP and GOOD pre spray,
you only get what you pay for ;)

Try prochem Powerburst

Regards
Daryl

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »
Powerburst on wool / wool mix and champion on nylon, ultrapac renovate on Polyprop
Mark

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:29:41 pm »
Pureclean on "clean" carpets - Powerburst on most everything else. Ultrapac when required.

Steve

derek west

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 05:37:43 pm »
the one that most suited for the job at hand.
derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:50:31 pm »
I've tried everything and i tend to go back to MSers ( solutions HD)

even when i use H/Ms  Blitz or Soilbreak i still have a small spray bottle of MS to hit the bad spots as I scrub.

at the moment I'm using Nemisis as  general pre-spray but still have  a spray bottle of MS to hit the really bad bits.

I'm rinsing with Chemspecs High heat liquid
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 05:53:58 pm »
Prochem Powerburst is by far the best, most efficient  pre-spray on the market today, bar none. It's quite high Ph so you should acid rinse.

Simon

Carpet Genie

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 07:51:59 pm »
I've been using Solutions HD for about a year now - found it to be fantastic - anyone used it and Powerburst and can compare the two? 
Mike George

The Carpet genie

Glynn

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 08:11:58 pm »
Yes I can & it doesn't compare.
Regards
Glynn

mark_roberts

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 08:35:16 pm »
What dilution are you using champion at.

Mark

markpowell

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 08:50:01 pm »
50ml - 100ml per litre depending on soiling, for champion
Mark

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 09:16:56 pm »
The prespray I use the most is M-Power/Nemesis Super.
Does the job on most carpets, mist over just before extraction with Solutions HD if a bit tough.
For real dirty ones I use Powerburst or Citrus Concentrate, but have Champion and Ultrapak Renovate too.

As Derek stated, use the one most suited for the job in hand.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 09:35:15 pm »
Alltec sell a citrus prespray Colin Bright says it's good stuff.

Shaun

MAX Carpets

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 09:42:05 pm »
PRE SPRAY GOLD........Superb!

clinton

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:07:05 pm »
Love my m power and nemesis at the mo and its doing a top job and making me a good few bucks ;D

grant home clean

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 10:17:42 pm »
how many scoops of powerburst per litre on really trashed carpets do you use...

derek west

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:49 pm »
same, 1 scoop per litre or 3 scoops if using the hydraforce. just spray more down, or better still, add some citra boost or greasebreaker if you feel that will help.
derek

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »
Pureclean for most jobs powerburst for trashed carpets and when I'm in a hurry. ;)

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 03:18:11 am »
Sorry Mick, but did you not slag off m's and HD solutions in another thread? I could well be mistaken and apologies if so ???

Ryan

Mike Halliday

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 06:59:57 am »
Ryan,  yes you're right I did comment about M-power & Hd  in Jim Neals post about the Indian restaurant, But  I think 'Slag off' is a little harsh, my comment was more tongue in cheek.

for all those using high PH chemicals (Champion etc) on Nylon why? wont it strip out the acid dye blockers  leaving the carpet in a very vulnerable state, it will clean up fantastic this time but the next time you go back it will not be so easy.

Mike

markpowell

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 08:00:54 am »
same, 1 scoop per litre or 3 scoops if using the hydraforce. just spray more down, or better still, add some citra boost or greasebreaker if you feel that will help.
derek

Derek,
Try halfing your dilution, so 1 scoop to 2 litres etc, I was told to try this by Paul Robinson on the Prochem stand at the cleaning show, the results are just the same and product goes twice as far.
Mark

derek west

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 08:28:54 am »
mark
sounds good but i like my results and its not that expensive when you think how far it goes,, what is it? about 50p a house or something daft like that, suppose it all adds up at the end of the year though. might try a few houses ;)
derek

markpowell

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 09:17:04 am »
Suppose when you look at it like that Derek its not realy worth doing mate, never worked it out but 50p an house sounds about right.
Are you still using the HM CWR?
Mark

cloverclean

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 04:52:55 pm »
I have read that Powerburst should not be used on woolmix or wool Carpet

derek west

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 04:56:18 pm »
cloverclean
does that mean that if nothing wool safe works on wool, we should tell the customer to replace the carpet cos theres nothing we can do ???
derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 05:00:09 pm »
Cloverclean,

Don't believe everything you read. It's perfectly safe to use PB on wool carpets, but just like any other alkaline pre-spray, you should acid rinse it afterwards

Simplz.

markpowell

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 05:38:12 pm »
I have read that Powerburst should not be used on woolmix or wool Carpet

The instructions on the Powerburst labe say " If used on wool/woolmix  carpets then rinse with B109 FF Rinse"
That tells me that you can use it on wool, as you can any pre-spray you wish, if you feel it is the best for the job. Just make sure rinse well. Sometimes we have to step from the "safe" guidelines to get the result required!
Do you still pass the van steering wheel through your hands at 10 and 2 to turn a corner because your instructor told you had to ??? ???
Mark

richy27

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 05:39:57 pm »
i have used power burst on wool before but you just have to use common sense. if its trashed then why not. always neutralise and plenty of dry strokes.

never used ultra pac renovate but goin to get some for poly carpets.

JandS

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 06:00:10 pm »
Derek
Probably not far out with that price    there's 266.66 scoops to the tub.

The other day I used Powerburst on a trashed 3 piece and rinsed with Double Clean.
It came up quite good considering I thought it wasn't worth doing.
I told her It wasn't worth doing unless I could experiment using non conventional
materials and she said try it for nothing. She was happy, I got paid.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

derek west

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 06:22:47 pm »
i get it at 266.67, i must have a dodgy scoop ;D
derek

JandS

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »
No your tighter than the rest of us and get that extra 1/100th.
That's a 4kg tub by the way.

John

Joe H

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 08:25:39 pm »
John
Have you seen the 17" rotary in the for sale section.
Its only at Bolton so not far from you
and Terry is a genuine guy.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 11:17:36 pm »
I've tried everything and i tend to go back to MSers ( solutions HD)

even when i use H/Ms  Blitz or Soilbreak i still have a small spray bottle of MS to hit the bad spots as I scrub.

at the moment I'm using Nemisis as  general pre-spray but still have  a spray bottle of MS to hit the really bad bits.

I'm rinsing with Chemspecs High heat liquid

Hi Mike
Do you use a Hydroforce or pump up sprayer?

What are the dilution rates?

Cheers

JandS

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 11:37:01 pm »
Cheers Joe will take a look.

John

md_cleaning

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 03:12:57 pm »
Thanks everybody, going to get some power burst in morning, when I spoke to prchemtis morning they said use it on any carpets exept wool, but will go with your advice and just acid rince it.
 Dave

rich hand

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 05:33:46 pm »
Solutions HD on 90% of jobs, ultra pac or maybe powerburst on rest. Still trying to work out why HD doesn't quite get there on certain synthetics.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 05:42:22 pm »
Steve k, sorry mate didn't see you question.

I have a big pump up sprayer of Nemesis (Last about 2 days) which is mixed at 130ish - 1  ....... but I just put a big splash into the sprayer .

I have a hydraforce but as I'm using high heat which is an acid based cleaner I don't know how this will react with the nemesis so stick to using the pump up

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 05:46:36 pm »
If the main stains are tea and coffee I think high ph presprays are going to make matters worse. Pureclean is excellent for these jobs.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 09:14:31 pm »
Cheers Mike
Where did you get your pump up sprayer from?

Cheers

Mike Halliday

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 07:04:29 am »
Hudson sprayers, half a mile down the road from me, they used to sell a lot of sprayer on eBay but the last time i drove past thier unit it was all boarded up so they might have gone bust, (or maybe moved premises)

the one thing about Nemisis or M-power I wouldn't use it if I worked alone, my helper sprays it down then scrubs the carpet to death, while I'm setting up the pipes.

Steve_Knight

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 07:40:36 am »
Cheers Mike
Does he use a pile brush or rotary?
Sorry for all the questions mate :o

Cheers

Mike Halliday

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 03:59:04 pm »
he uses an Envirodry.

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »
why does he scrub to death?

I only agitate, sometimes with brush sometimes with Envirodri, until I think the fluid has got all around the fibre.

the dwell time is when I am setting up the hoses. but the point is - the agitation is not a ginormous amount of time.

sometimes, depending on how bad the carpet is, just before I extract I will mist over with Solutions HD.

a lot of the spotting I now do with M-Power/Nemesis at a stronger solution - ie 20:1 (or is it 1:20) and getting good results in most cases.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:48 pm »
Joe I'm sure your method makes carpets 'cleaner' but I work to a slightly higher standard ;)

rather than accepting 'cleaner' I aim for 'clean'  which requires me to ensure the pre-spray comes in contact with the full length of the fibre. this often (on dirty carpets) requires a substantial amount of agitation, although to use the term 'to death' is a slight over-exaggeration 

I'm inclined to ask how hard a man of your advancing years can push a  brush, if you think this is causing the fluid to totally envelop the fibre ;D ;D

Joe H

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 06:41:14 pm »
What a load of baloney.

I was trying to engage in sensible conversation, but obviously you not up for it.  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 06:56:01 pm »
BALONEY....BALONEY!!! HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME IN SUCH A MANNER!!

every word I said was perfectly sensible you just don't like it when I get ageist ;) ;)

if we are talking Baloney then how does a mist of HD make any difference? unless you once again scrub it into the carpet and using colloid based cleaning agents at high concentrations is a waste of chemical, as explained by the manufacturer of Mpower & Nemesis.

there is only so much area that can be in contact with the active ingredient at this point the micelles are only in contact with themselves so are redundant. 

gwrightson

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »
Mike,

Hudsons sprayers have moved to out Hedon way, around 6 mths ago, 

I think they just wanted smaller premesis,

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »

I think it is only right that we all know the recomended dilutions for Nemesis:-

Carpet extraction    1:160
Carpet oil spot remover    full stength to 1:30
Carpet spot remover        full strength to 1:60
Carpet traffic cleaner prespray    1:60

Can only assume M-Power will be something similar.

derek west

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 08:48:11 pm »
when your very drunk, doesn't the word premesis look very much like thingyes. ;D

had to do a double take then geoff.
derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 08:54:25 pm »
I'm not sure that every carpet needs to be scrubbed and very few 'scrubbed to death,' Surely you clean carpets in relationship to how dirty they are, so to scrub them to death regardless smacks of overkill and potentially damaging to the pile with all that needless scrubbing.

Simon

Glynn

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
Why would you need to Scrubb it to Death ?.
Is M Power that weak ?, I bet you'd get the same result with just plain water and then scrubb it to death.

Regards
Glynn

Joe H

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2009, 09:23:50 pm »
the one thing about Nemisis or M-power I wouldn't use it if I worked alone, my helper sprays it down then scrubs the carpet to death, while I'm setting up the pipes.

Glynn
We not just talking about M-Power here............ its Nemesis and M-Power

and because I used both, I am going to defend the products that I know work.................. both Nemesis and M-Power.
and I am sure Solutions or Restormate would not continue stocking/selling them if carpet cleaners (and others) did not find them doing the job and buying more.  Its obvious really.

Glynn

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »
Well Joe I am happy that they work for.
I have tried samples of them but sadly they didn't come up to standard for me, consequently I stuck with the more recognised brand's which do perform and perform consistently.
Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2009, 09:41:44 pm »
In my limited experience of micro-splitters, limited because I don't think they are anywhere near as effective as Powerburst etc, but they do clean but seem to be limited to the type of soils they remove efficiently, perhaps that is why so many MS users feel compelled to scrub carpets so much.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:57 pm »
you should all take a leaf out of my book, but i'm sure you won't cos ive not been going long enough to be taken serious. not that i give a fck.
power burst is the best, use it on most and if you feel youve not quite got the result that makes you feel good, try some m/s, it will remove the rst that pb does not.
its simple really, its not like you need brains to realise that m/s removes slightly diff soil types to detergents.

derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2009, 10:23:16 pm »
Derek,
I think you've got that the wrong way round. Powerburst is excellent across a very wide range of soils where MS don't, which is what makes it so outstandingly good.
I've got some M power to try so I'll be testing that stance out in the coming days.

Simon

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 10:49:33 pm »
ive been using pre spray gold and traffic lane with agitation  but today i used for the first time today power burst wow no agitation at all the dirt and traffic lane dirt jut as if by magic ........ disappeared i didnt even do any agitation just fibre and fabric rinse amazing stuff

derek west

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2009, 11:11:23 pm »
don't think i have simon, power burst does the job for me, nearly every time i need nothing else, but occasionally it struggles on certain stains, one being traffic wear in front of settees, if i do fail with powerburst which is rare, i put some onestep down, again usually in front of seettees, agitate and go have a fAg and a brew with the client, then come back and rinse out. job done.
but hey, what the fck do i know eh!!!  ;D

only joking chief.
derek

Mike Halliday

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2009, 11:17:36 pm »
if I worked on my own i wouldn't use Nemesis, mpower or MSers, I'd use more conventional chemicals like powerburst because they do require a lot of agitation, but as I have a helper it doesn't take any longer to do a good scrub (he would be stood around doing nowt if |I didn't have him scrubbing)

I've been using Nemesis for about 3 weeks since I bought 5lts of JK I'm giving it a good test as its easy to use a chemical on a couple of carpet and call it crap.

so far the results have varied from crap to brilliant with the crap ones we had to start again.

on a side note we have also been testing cold water cleaning as we are swopping vans so the burner wasn't fitted for 2 weeks, I'll start another topic about our finding but I'll just say a lot of people are fooling themselves thinking they are working effectively or efficiently with cold water

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2009, 11:18:38 pm »
PB's the dog bollox. Simples
We regularly try other products whenever someone recommends it but always come back to PB.

Simon

markpowell

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2009, 10:10:13 am »
I agree Simon, PB is the best, The best MS i have come across imo was Chemspecs DFC 105
Mark

clinton

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2009, 10:19:10 am »
Have not had a go with powerburst as yet.

Been using  nemesis and m power for 6 months after years with u master from alltec.

Might have to try the p b..

richy27

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2009, 12:51:16 pm »
i also use pb on a reg basis very economical and does the biz.

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2009, 01:06:58 pm »
Chemspec Enzall I find is onpar with powerburst,if not better,gets everything off.
Stevie.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2009, 01:20:46 pm »
Enzall is really good in restaurants etc but is a bit limited on other kinds of soil whereas PB seems to work pretty much across the board.

Simon

Doug Holloway

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2009, 01:26:58 pm »
Hi Guys

Restaurants will have a lot of food based protein and fat stains where an enzyme product containing proteases and lactalayses will be very effective.

On a bar carpet which is largely sugar staining, a high pH product such as Powerburst is the most effectice.

You have to remember that enzymes do have side effects , even in tiny quantities and I will only use them where they have a big benefit.

Cheers

Doug

derek west

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2009, 01:38:27 pm »
what side effects?
derek

Pristine Clean

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 01:44:07 pm »
Chemspec Enzall I find is onpar with powerburst,if not better,gets everything off.
Stevie.

A quick question, below is a copied info from a website

pH @ use: 11.5 - 12.5

Coverage: Up to 200 square metres per 42g

Dilution: 1 scoop to 4L hot water. T/M 10 scoops to 4L water

Appearance: Off-white powder

Fragrance: Floral

Packaging: 1 x 2.5kg (case of 4)

Why is it that you can place 4 scoops in a presspraay but have to put in 10 scoops in a TM, can someone please tell me what the difference is.
cheers

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

derek west

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 01:47:38 pm »
its diluted again as we spray with our fresh water.
derek

derek west

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2009, 01:59:57 pm »
it actually costs about £1.50 in pb to clean an average 3 bed semi :o

still not a lot though i suppose

derek

Doug Holloway

« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2009, 02:21:00 pm »
Hi GUys

Enzymes are Asthma sensitisers and it's the dust that causes problems.

So you spray on carpet, extract most of it, what is left dries and breaks up into tiny dust particles which in sensitive people can cause Asthma attacks.

Another thing about enzymes is that they are catalysts, that is they do not form part of the chemical reaction but act in a way to speed it up and in some cases make it posssible, which all means a very small amount of enzyme can cause severe problems.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2009, 04:47:52 pm »
Enzymes are good.They help break down protein carbs and fat in the body.I suffer from asthma and I never get any side affects from using enz-all.
I get high from all the solvents,which saves me money on beer.
Stevie.