Mike Halliday

Re: Your Best Special Offer
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 09:02:00 pm »
Barbara; doing about 25k a month now.

Derek; i pay a yearly sum of about £250 for this I get so many free minutes ( 800 a month rings a bell) I never go over this amount so I don't pay any more.

Shaun; this leaflet is from Dec 05 I think I first used them in this format a year before. I  dropped the free protector from the leaflet and now try and sell it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 09:49:08 pm »
mike with who?
derek

suffolkclean

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 07:58:02 am »
Mike PLEASE can you share some more of your marketing ideas with me. I am determined to make our business a sucess and we need more carpet cleaning work. If we could arrange to have a chat at some point I would really appreciate it, no pressure though you could always email me some info, when you get a minute?
Thanks
Barbara

Neil Grainger

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 08:47:58 am »
3 for £99 is getting jobs booked in for January, each room has a maximum of 200sq ft, they cant total it up to get 600sq ft. Any extra is charged at normal rate. By doing this price shoppers dont have any effect.

I am doing this for Jan to keep me busy, i would rather be out working in Jan than sitting at home waiting for normal jobs to come in.

Last year i did a 50% off leaflet and had very good months in Jan and Feb. Had to work twice as hard but it was only my time and a little extra on Chems but it kept my machine out working and pays the bills.

Joe H

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 09:11:50 am »
what do you class hall/stairs/landing as Neil?

Is it 1 room, 1.5 rooms, 2 rooms, or is it priced separately.

I think the 3 for £99 could be a good one for the quietr months to come.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 09:16:57 am »
Hall stairs and landings are in gen 1 room, but in big houses some hallways are as big as my lounge. It get the phone ringing but extras are possible like protector and upholstery to boost the job ticket.

I would rather be busy than waiting for the phone to ring in Jan feb.

suffolkclean

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 09:38:49 am »
If I were to do this I think I would class the stairs as 1 & a hall & landing as 1.

clinton

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 09:53:27 am »
I would class h s l as prob 1 and half room at least.

Think the 3 carpets for 99 pounds in the new year is good and wil get us out working.

Barbara

I did the 50% off when i first started and it did get me out working and gave me a good start but only on the new year months.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09:12 am »
Derek I use Alphatalk for my number, search them on google.

Barbara, I don't really have any marketing ideas, I have found for my company leaflets bring in all the work I need. I have what I think is a basic quality leaflet and I put out lots of them out. that's it

so in a nut shell;

good leaflet.

put out 20-25k a month.

by a reliable distributor.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

bennymon

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 12:06:57 pm »
3 rooms for99 may seem like cutting down but 5 jobs will take no more than 10 hours and most people i know have to work40 hours to get that. so i have 20,000 leaflets going out  with that offer for jan. del

suffolkclean

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 02:47:49 pm »
Do you all do leaflet drops? maybe that's where I'm going wrong we don't do any leafleting as it seems a lot of cost for a very small response?
Barbara

clinton

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 02:55:37 pm »
Barbara

I have a good regular client base and a web site and thats all but at the mo am not getting a lot of new work ::)

I dont have a reliable leaflet dropper at the mo so i did put a 100 out myself and didnt like it one bit :o

Must say i have got three jobs out of them so far :)

How long have you been going ???

suffolkclean

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 03:11:38 pm »
Hi Clinton we've been going almost 2 years now in March, we started this up when my husband got made redundant this time 2 yrs ago, spent all his redundancy on van, equipment and carpet/upholstery course. We also have over 100 window cleaning customers and do work for a local letting agent including the end of tenancy general cleaning (which I do).
We just need to expand on the carpet cleaning as that's what my husband prefers to do, working outside cleaning windows in the winter is not enjoyable.
I am going to be a sales woman for us for one full day per week. I also want to do some offers but not sure about leafleting.

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 03:23:56 pm »
When you say Sales woman what are you thinking you will be doing?

clinton

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 03:27:33 pm »
Thought you had been going for a while :)

Least the window cleaning brings in money.

Might just take time barbara to build up.

suffolkclean

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 03:46:02 pm »
I will be contacting companies, walking round industrial estates, more letting agents that kind of thing.
Ahh that's a compliment Clinton you thought we had been going for longer. My husband has done this kind of work when he left school for a few years then got into the print industry. I used to be a manager in a printers for 8 years and gave me loads of experience for what we're doing now.
I dealt with customers, problem solving, estimating, making sure work got done correctly, on time and in budget !

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 06:13:40 pm »
THERE is a Guy on Ebay telling you how to set up a leaflet distribution service
and Make 2K a week or is it a month

I think its Mr Prodry that was.

Leaflets Work for Mike because he has been doing them a long while

Im not convinced the offers make the difference

derek west

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 06:17:51 pm »
ive had about 20 jobs from "10% off" leaflets and colour adds and i can honestly say that half of them didn't even bother asking for the 10%.
food for ians thought.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 08:25:16 pm »
I think with leaflet delivery being so expensive that you have to make the leaflet work better so an offer can increase the pull or if you bulk it up it can bring up the average spend.

If you have an average spend of £100 you can get far less on the job per thousand, just keep figure crunching and also it's worth trying different leaflets.

Shaun

prodry

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 09:07:49 pm »
THERE is a Guy on Ebay telling you how to set up a leaflet distribution service
and Make 2K a week or is it a month

I think its Mr Prodry that was.

It is not me Ian.

Michael