Les

You have to Larf !
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:36:55 pm »
Hi all,

Firstly, you may recall my post from a couple of weeks ago when I posted photo's showing some heavily stained stair carpets, 'A murder Scene' as someone described it.  :o
Well I've been back and resolved that problem with good success thanks to your welcome advice.

I just thought I'd mention one of my jobs today.
Went to clean some sofas in a library used by people who carry out Picture Restoration on behalf of a local large Museum, ( No I don't now own a Picasso  :( not even a Citroen Picasso). They work in a really old very large property, left to the museum by some famous Politician from way back .

One of the sofas was at least a five seater, about ten feet long and weighed a ton  :P it had loose covers and was in a right old state.
I took the covers off to have a butchers at what lay underneath..... Well it was originally Candy striped and had had a very hard life with large areas held together with strips of elasticated plaster. :o ::)

I mentioned this to one of the staff and asked if the sofa was very old ?

"Old" he said, " I'll show you a photo which will give you an idea how old it is". He rummaged in his drawers  :P and produced a Black n White photo of someone sitting on the sofa.

I thought, "I know that person"......Sir Winston Churchill !

Well at least they've had their money's worth out of it.

I think we can safely assume two things....
1. It didn't come from DFS.
2. The Scotchgard warranty has expired !

Les