Carpet2Clean

Re: Your best product/s
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 10:54:45 pm »
I'm using John Kelly's powered MS  on everything, carpets & upholstery,  if it's got an odour problem then I use  Chemspecs  Odour kill plus

I Mix 17lts  in my electric sprayer and no matter how grafted it is it comes up great. I keep a bar of felts Napther in my pocket if any stains don't move with the agatation then I give them a rub.

Hi Mike what electric sprayer are you using ?

Richard

john martin

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 11:26:15 pm »
John how can it be inefficient ? It cleans the carpets for pennies, I could cut my cost in half and save myself errrrr... ( (what's half of pennies?)

The benefit to customers is clean carpets, the benefit to me is a chemical that gives me the results that I want , I  might be able to source the ingredients my self but the saving is negligible.

MS  are proven....... by me over the last 10yrs ( is a ten year test acceptable?  )  I have tried every chemical available, I clean carpets every single Day if I could do it better I would,  why would I make life hard for myself?

I understand your dislike of waffle & BS  used by companies to sell chemicals but  just because they bullsh!t us doesn't alter the fact that the stuff works

I buy felts from Walmart when in the US :)

Its logical to me that a product that contains one cleaning ingredient can be as efficient as a product that also contains the same ingredient plus several other ingredients with specific roles in the cleaning process .
I have also tried these products  , i know for sure when face with a dull upholstery  suite with greasy headrests , armrests grey from grime ...  that a basic product like a ' microsplitter ' will not out perform a proper prespray , followed with a decent cleaning rinse . In terms of result and time to achieve result .
 if what u use works for u , fine  ...    its cleaning ...  i'd question is it ' popping ' ( as the Americans say  )
or  might your standard of ' pop ' be the same as my standard of ' pop '
hope that makes sense   :D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 07:51:51 am »
I agree it's Not logical that a single base product would perform as well as a combination alternative, but perhaps it's like a car you want to reach a speed of 100mph,  you fit a turbo to your car so it does 140mph but the target is 100.....so why  bother  with the turbo.......... Does that make sense!!! ;)

MS ( I know you hate that term but it's a lot easier to type than its real name ) has other advantages, the biggest is its non-residual nature, if you don't rinse it all out of the carpet when you clean it will not create a problem, (which if you are using a smaller pump can happen)  Compare this to one of your favourite chemicals d'lemonene which is incredibly hard to rinse out, I stopped using citrus gel because of how I had to get out my hand tool and get on my knees to rinse it out after using it. If you are using a prespray containing citrus oils (or however they describe it) you need to make sure you give the carpet a really good flushing out so none remains.

You mentioned in the topic on spotting bottles about making a spotter with added  d'lemonene which is a really bad idea as it will be impossible to blot out with a cloth.

MS  are safer alternative to stronger chemicals, I'm not one for being 'safe' for the sake of it but if you can do the job without risk you might as well

Richard, I bought it of eBay, can't remember the seller sorry.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 08:51:14 am »
Nah its all BS
look at the sticky ad at the top of this page  ...  soap free MS !       
no carpet cleaning product contains soap these days .
Environmentally safe !    what about the algae bloom  ...

Apart from making the job easier for yourself customers imo want a bright vibrant result , not some unproven notion of safety .
same reason they dont choose to buy pound shop washing powder for their laundry , which like MS probably just contains washing soda .   
They choose the three times more expensive billion $ researched lever bros and henkle products because the results speak for themselves .

Dennis

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 09:34:46 am »
Do you mind me asking where you bought the Felts Napther from?
I can't seem to find it anywhere?
Thanks

You on Truckmounters? John Freeman on there has boxes of the stuff. £4 each plus £2.50 p&p.

Phone numbers on his website.
http://www.cleanbright.co.uk/

John Kelly

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 09:41:10 am »
John, a lot of the odour issues stemming from damp carpets are related to moulds and mildews rather than bacteria. Using an anti-bacterial deodouriser is not sufficient to deal with this problem. You require a broad spectrum anti microbial which deals with moulds and mildews as well as bacteria. I know customers who have tried to deal with post clean odour issues by either cleaning the carpet again or just spraying an anti bacterial and have made the problem even worse.

john martin

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 10:18:16 am »
John, a lot of the odour issues stemming from damp carpets are related to moulds and mildews rather than bacteria. Using an anti-bacterial deodouriser is not sufficient to deal with this problem. You require a broad spectrum anti microbial which deals with moulds and mildews as well as bacteria. I know customers who have tried to deal with post clean odour issues by either cleaning the carpet again or just spraying an anti bacterial and have made the problem even worse.
I didn't even look into what it it contains ....bac50 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head . If it's that then it will hit moulds also even though it's often sold as an anti bacteria content.

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 09:18:08 pm »
Well ive only tried a few different things thus far..

but so far im happy with spm for carpets and fusion8 for upholstery

also been using purified water as a rinse rather than adding an acid rinse and so far so good

i will try something else out when these fail, got loads of samples in van but not needed to crack them open as yet!

john martin

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 10:06:22 pm »
I believe it is Didecyldimethylammonium chloride  ...   which should zap everything

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 10:34:05 pm »
I agree it's Not logical that a single base product would perform as well as a combination alternative, but perhaps it's like a car you want to reach a speed of 100mph,  you fit a turbo to your car so it does 140mph but the target is 100.....so why  bother  with the turbo.......... Does that make sense!!! ;)

MS ( I know you hate that term but it's a lot easier to type than its real name ) has other advantages, the biggest is its non-residual nature, if you don't rinse it all out of the carpet when you clean it will not create a problem, (which if you are using a smaller pump can happen)  Compare this to one of your favourite chemicals d'lemonene which is incredibly hard to rinse out, I stopped using citrus gel because of how I had to get out my hand tool and get on my knees to rinse it out after using it. If you are using a prespray containing citrus oils (or however they describe it) you need to make sure you give the carpet a really good flushing out so none remains.

You mentioned in the topic on spotting bottles about making a spotter with added  d'lemonene which is a really bad idea as it will be impossible to blot out with a cloth.

MS  are safer alternative to stronger chemicals, I'm not one for being 'safe' for the sake of it but if you can do the job without risk you might as well

Hi Mike, i would agree with you citrus based products are harder to rinse off any type surfaces they are used on, must admit i used MS for a few years with good results, then i discovered colloidal chemistry and found i was getting great results on any type of surface, this industry like all is moving forward and its great to see more new technologies appearing all the time which are becoming far safer and more effective than the old school technologies which will flounder over time, its all about being open and receptive to these new technologies which will just keep coming on stream as there are many in development which will become of benefit to those that are open to working with them.  Tadgh

john martin

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 11:06:13 pm »

Hi Mike, i would agree with you citrus based products are harder to rinse off any type surfaces they are used on, must admit i used MS for a few years with good results, then i discovered colloidal chemistry and found i was getting great results on any type of surface, this industry like all is moving forward and its great to see more new technologies appearing all the time which are becoming far safer and more effective than the old school technologies which will flounder over time, its all about being open and receptive to these new technologies which will just keep coming on stream as there are many in development which will become of benefit to those that are open to working with them.  Tadgh
Tadgh , you are impossible to argue with as you will not or cannot explain the specific ' technologies ' u propose are ' taking over '
Cant u just stick to dementing those unfortunates in the the hard floor section  ;D
You dont even sell a carpet specific product  ... unless u make a bit of mmm-power for under counter sales  ;)
so as far as i see u dilute and sell the the plant detergent .... and u get some other products with names like 'nano ' from a small company of less that 10 workers in the states which imports mops and bits from china .
Hardly industry changing stuff  :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 11:36:30 pm »

Tadgh , you are impossible to argue with as you will not or cannot explain the specific ' technologies ' u propose are ' taking over '
Cant u just stick to dementing those unfortunates in the the hard floor section  ;D
You dont even sell a carpet specific product  ... unless u make a bit of mmm-power for under counter sales  ;)
so as far as i see u dilute and sell the the plant detergent .... and u get some other products with names like 'nano ' from a small company of less that 10 workers in the states which imports mops and bits from china .
John you just have no clue, you state that guys are making MS products in the back of dingy commercial units, why don't you checkout www.solution-gloeckner.de one of the largest producers of MS products in Europe, i purchase our colloidal products from the worlds foremost expert in this field, his 150,000 sq ft production facility is state of the art and his adjoining 200,000 sq ft warehouse facility distributes millions of dollars per month of safe and effective cleaning solutions to companies all around the world.
Your at home in your kitchen making potions which you can boost up to pH 16  ;D, come on John get off the stage and start looking around to see whats a changing. Tadgh

john martin

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2015, 12:02:31 am »
Tadgh ,  the PH 16 thing was a joke i'd say  only you fell for  ..  You know you can turn some amplifiers up to 11 also   
I am a qualified lab tech  ...

The german guys were the first to put phosphate in a big can of water and see $$ signs if they could convince  people it was a new eco product . The story also involves a bankrupt american business man and couple of chancers in the UK .
I dont know where u get your plant detergent concentrate to water down  ... probably same source as nick .
Your nano stuff comes from a small time dealer in the US and the mops come from china .
apart from the germans  who im sure have pristine facilities  ;D , the UK ( and irl ) MS and plant detergent would mostly be watered down as u said in the back of dingy commercial units .  Yes  :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2015, 12:37:34 am »
Tadgh ,  the PH 16 thing was a joke i'd say  only you fell for  ..  You know you can turn some amplifiers up to 11 also   
I am a qualified lab tech  ...

The german guys were the first to put phosphate in a big can of water and see $$ signs if they could convince  people it was a new eco product . The story also involves a bankrupt american business man and couple of chancers in the UK .
I dont know where u get your plant detergent concentrate to water down  ... probably same source as nick .
Your nano stuff comes from a small time dealer in the US and the mops come from china .
apart from the germans  who im sure have pristine facilities  ;D , the UK ( and irl ) MS and plant detergent would mostly be watered down as u said in the back of dingy commercial units .  Yes  :)
John, i can only repeat you really don't have a clue, and you proved it with your pH 16 which i think was plain to see by the guys in the know, who are you trying to cod only yourself, thats one you can never live down.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:19 am »

John, step forward and prove who you are, your real name, where you are based, and your company details just like i have never hidden, i will then be happy in answering any questions you have about the technologies which will take over the cleaning industry. Tadgh

sean oregan

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2015, 06:00:02 am »
Tadgh and John play nicely

clarkson

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2015, 08:40:40 am »
Hi
I am also a big supporter of spm/ mpower and use them mostly depending on the usual variables.

However just done a big hotel , the carpets where quite bad . The complication was the house keeping staff
had been spotting with vanish on a regular basis.

The alternative we had on the van was prespray gold.  Did a test lifted everything out , except for the odd stain that needed extra treatment.
We did the whole hotel with it did a great job .

I was quite suprised how good it was, and will always consider it in the future as a viable alternative.

john martin

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2015, 11:37:54 am »
Hi
I am also a big supporter of spm/ mpower and use them mostly depending on the usual variables.

However just done a big hotel , the carpets where quite bad . The complication was the house keeping staff

The alternative we had on the van was prespray gold.  Did a test lifted everything out , except for the odd stain that needed extra treatment.

I was quite suprised how good it was, and will always consider it in the future as a viable alternative.
Cool , you used a more effective product and made life easier for yourself with improved results .
And because u diluted it yourself it's probably has a lower carbon footprint than a big can of suppliers watery Microsplitter And the shipping involved

jasonl

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2015, 01:06:08 pm »
Hi

Cool , you used a more effective product and made life easier for yourself with improved results .
And because u diluted it yourself it's probably has a lower carbon footprint than a big can of suppliers watery Microsplitter And the shipping involved

John , I am all for doing things oin a better way , you are quick to try and display a higher knowledge and slam products commonly used as ineffectual and a rip off ,,,,, great , but apart from a bacteriacidal deodorizer , you have offered no constructive alternative , it is easy to knock something down and offer no alternative that is better.

Better means ... in no particular order....

cheaper
more effective
easy to buy
easy to use
safe

Come on John , gain credibility by stating xy or z product is better.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

john martin

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2015, 01:24:33 pm »
A lot of the Time I'm just stating the obvious . But sure il try and reply later .
In the meantime iv have a full late day of spraying lavender on couches  ;D