The Carpet Cleaning Pro

You really do not need customers like this
« on: April 08, 2012, 03:07:25 pm »
Went to view 3 natural fibre rugs for cleaning and advised customer that 2 of them were past cleaning due to rotting caused by water damage, wear (holes) and colour fading, and it would be better to simply replace them. Well... I was gobsmacked!!! "You are supossed to be professional, therefore if I ask for them to be cleaned I expect you to clean them, not tell me that my rugs are no good" I simply replied "I will be able to successfully clean one but have advised the best in my professional capacity about the other 2." The reply was " If you won't clean them, I will find someone that will" I left.

Simon Gerrard

Re: You really do not need customers like this
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 03:18:13 pm »
Let'em get on with it, you don't need the hassle and with someone like that there certainly would be hassle if things went wrong.

Simon

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
My thoughts exactly :)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 03:35:11 pm »
A mate did a quote that was a very reasonable price as it was only just round the corner from him.

She then said she wanted a discount as it was not dirty under the sofa. He declined the job.

Take all sorts.....
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »
I've had this before where they say is that the price for this size room? They then tell me that under the sofa is clean and does not need cleaning. I then ask if the area under the sofa is vacuumed regularly, that soon stops them in there tracks.

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »
Two ways to look at this for me.Ref the rugs i would have said that in that case madame i will need to use a dry system and the sponges are an extra £20 cost per rug.With the cheeep skate who wanted a discount for the sofa  space they simply dont deserve to have me(or anyone else with some self respect)in to do a professional job so would not take anything off but remind them that it takes longer to clean a furnished room than an empty one.........Regards Alan

bennymon

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »
i once removed a rug from by the patio door and explained as the rug had not been moved in 6 years sunlight had effected the carpet round it and would not end up all the same . she told me her husband said it would so i told her he must be a great carpet cleaner so i will let him sort this one . ;)  del

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 08:50:58 pm »
I'm exactly with Simon on this one.
I've lost/declined (delete whichever you think fits) a few carpet, upholstery, rug jobs over the years because i don't need the hassle of an arguement with the customer why their 20 year old item doesn't take on a brand new look after we've dealt with it.

BTW Simon, can you have a word with your mate and tell him to get out of reverse gear and at least reply to one of my e-mails ;)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:46:00 am »
Neil,
Glyn replied to your email last week, apparently you haven't replied.

Simon

Helen

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »
Had one call the other day.........
He described what he did and didn't want done - fair enough
Every time I went to speak - he spoke over me >:(
His words" I know all the mark and stains will come out" - hmm explained no guarantee etc
I checked again what areas he wanted doing and suddenly all the rooms became "small" instead of standard which they started out as ??? ( I know the properties so have a good idea anyway)
As I was working out the price, he said I want it done in the next 24 hours (this was Thursday evening) told him we were already fully scheduled (we were)
Gave him the price, impressing the stain removal bit again, he said "I had a quote £20  cheaper than that from who I phoned before................"
Got out who the other quote was from and knew they wouldn't be that low, so I just suggested to him that if all he wanted was a cheap clean, then he was getting hold of the wrong people ;D

end of chat....... :)

clinton

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 02:26:04 pm »
Funny how they change from standard to small when it comes to price.

I just tend to give these clients a miss if i can.

They think they are the experts with stains ;D

james roffey

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
Any customer who says " i expect/ know every stain will come out" would set alarm bells straight away. it's simply a totally unreasonable point of view they are either very stupid in which case you can educate them or they are looking for a free carpet clean and i would be pre-warned that they are looking for a get out clause to avoid paying, only had one customer  who ever said this, he then followed it up with your price is expensive.  ::) 99.% of customers understand what is obvious, i find it irritating that you sometimes have to treat every customer like an idiot just to cover your back by explaining that the threadbare carpet they may have will still be threadbare after you have cleaned it, or that bleached area wont come out, all because of these morons and scammers.
Is funny when the customer looks at you like you have gone mad when you point out the bleeding obvious.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:30 pm »
What I like about customers like this they've probably had someone else do it in the past and expect you to perform a miracle that they couldn't.

I had one who had another cleaner do her carpets who told her the stains wouldn't come out so I could just could round them a little per spray rub of my foot hey presto mark gone still got this customer 10 years on even do her daughters carpets now who was a nipper when I first went there