Simon Gerrard

You Will Turn Up?
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:21:08 am »
The follow on from people not answering the phone is, 'You will turn up, won't you?'

It seems that some cc's go to the trouble of answering the phone and giving the customer a quote and then don't turn up to do the job! :o
We get calls quite regaularly asking us if we can do a job urgently as they've book a cc that hasn't turned up.
Unbelievable!

Simon

AshWhite

Re: You Will Turn Up?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:24:47 am »
I've also had this a couple of times, and not only with small jobs. Makes you wonder how busy must some people be that they can afford to do this!

Ash
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

David_Annable

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:28:24 pm »
Hi

We have a builder near us & part of his advertising is " guaranteed to turn up" so it obviously happens a lot.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:58:11 pm »
I get asked that rather a lot Simon... Why wouldn't you turn up without good reason and without contacting them? Punctuality and reliability is very important in people's busy lives and I always appreciate that fact....

wynne jones

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »
Women was left in the learch the other week, she moved all her furniture out of a thru lounge. Wanted me to drop everything and do it for the same price as the other guy. You guessed it ..... £8.99  ;D No it was actually £20 but she got a bit shirty when I said over double that. :(
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Helen

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 03:33:28 pm »
Women was left in the learch the other week, she moved all her furniture out of a thru lounge. Wanted me to drop everything and do it for the same price as the other guy. You guessed it ..... £8.99  ;D No it was actually £20 but she got a bit shirty when I said over double that. :(

Annoys me when people react like that about price, had she not stopped to think "is that all, £20?" "perhaps that is why he has not turned up?"
Then she expects you to honour someones elses price ::)

Dean Cudd

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:15:48 pm »
I to have had this happen in my area 3 times, the same company on 3 different times. £12 a room job.   

Helen

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 07:42:17 pm »
I to have had this happen in my area 3 times, the same company on 3 different times. £12 a room job.   

And the answer for this is that they probably have 20 customers per day to fit in, so they cherry pick the ones that are either very close together or the ones which have the better probability of high add ons whilst there. Then you just ignore the others.
It's the basic concept of advertising cheap.

Mr Dvae

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 08:41:14 pm »
customers fault evry time

Dave

Simon Gerrard

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »
Women was left in the learch the other week, she moved all her furniture out of a thru lounge. Wanted me to drop everything and do it for the same price as the other guy. You guessed it ..... £8.99  No it was actually £20 but she got a bit shirty when I said over double that.

Had a fair few of these over the years, it's funny as hell!  The first thing I ask is how much were they charging you, always low, then I say my price and wait for them to pick themselves up off the floor ;D

All of them start to try and get you to do it for the price of the other guy, but the reply is "well that's why he didn't turn up isn't it?!"  Win some, lose most, I just stand my ground with them, no skin off my nose if they go elsewhere.

derek west

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 09:14:50 pm »
i missed an appointment once :-[ :-[ :-[

there was a massive gap in my diary, i had a small job in the morning and then this one at 5.30pm, i got carried away doing something and then forgot and went out with the kids i think. something like that.

i rang the next day and apologised, and i also offered to give them 50% off my original price to compensate, i've cleaned for them again since, at full price this time, phew!!!

ps.... i set my alarm on my phone now when i have a big gap like that one, problem solved.