koopmaster

Would you like George on Android?
« on: February 23, 2019, 11:21:57 am »
Trying to drum up support to get a android version of george.

Not a online version but an independent version that works from your mobile and saves backups on your phone or via your own Dropbox or similar.

Would you guys want a version like this?

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Would you like George on Android?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 11:50:18 am »
I can't stand working from a mobile phone app.  Just to small and limited.    I just use a Windows tablet and docking station when home which works George fine as it is.

Would be good to see a more upto date system that's not cloud based.  But for £50 for 10 years use its been a bargain.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:40:19 am »
Trying to drum up support to get a android version of george.

Not a online version but an independent version that works from your mobile and saves backups on your phone or via your own Dropbox or similar.

Would you guys want a version like this?

If its a 'copy' of the Palm software then its better than nothing. So I would say yes please.  I'm happy with what George does for us. I am tempted to look at @The Jester's Windows tablet idea as my Palm Tungsten needs a new battery, cover case and the sync cable is dodgy. Whilst I love the easy tick-off of jobs on a Palm PDA it does suffer from not being able to add a new job in the field. We have to wait until we get home before I can do it on the main computer from notes on a piece of paper.

The other niggle is that Pocket George only records 1 customer telephone number where George has 2. I can and do add a second and third numbers to the notes, but those numbers don't appear on the debt list on Pocket George as the notes box isn't available.
Its not the end of the world though.

I have never used the expenses tracking side of George so don't miss that on Pocket George. (It wasn't a feature in the early George software so put all my expenses and capital assests on a spreadsheet. It suits me as I can put a formula into the columns to split each expense into business and private portions by percentage.)

My son's father in law was into Palm PDA's in the early days. He said there was a program for Android that emulates Palm programs, but I haven't found one that will emulate third party programs such as Pocket George.

Thanks.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

andyM

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 05:32:53 pm »
I can't stand working from a mobile phone app.  Just to small and limited.    I just use a Windows tablet and docking station when home which works George fine as it is.

Would be good to see a more upto date system that's not cloud based.  But for £50 for 10 years use its been a bargain.

Too true!
I run George on a Windows tablet and that can be frustrating at times (having fingers like pork sausages).
I definitely couldn't run it on anything smaller like a mobile phone without losing the plot.
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 06:43:06 pm »

Too true!
I run George on a Windows tablet and that can be frustrating at times (having fingers like pork sausages).
I definitely couldn't run it on anything smaller like a mobile phone without losing the plot.

If you 've got a decent smartphone it's effortless and very easy to add jobs,update worksheets/debtslists etc on the CP app....very handy.....

George has had its day.....it's been and gone.....
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 07:10:36 pm »

Too true!

If you 've got a decent smartphone it's effortless and very easy to add jobs,update worksheets/debtslists etc on the CP app....very handy.....

I'm happy with it buddy using the tablet and doc station.  Does all I need it to do for my work schedule quicky and efficiently.   For over 10 years I wonder how much cp would of cost me compared to my £50.00.

I would never use cloud based either.  I like to be fully in control of my data.  So will carry on using it for as long as Windows allows or another platforms comes along.

Just use the system that best for your own needs, we are all different.  Yes I know I'm strange hehe
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 07:54:13 pm »

Too true!

I'm happy with it buddy using the tablet and doc station.  Does all I need it to do for my work schedule quicky and efficiently.   For over 10 years I wonder how much cp would of cost me compared to my £50.00.

I would never use cloud based either.  I like to be fully in control of my data. So will carry on using it for as long as Windows allows or another platforms comes along.

Just use the system that best for your own needs, we are all different.  Yes I know I'm strange hehe

while its a choice to use what software you want - George is very out of date and slow compared to newer software - it may have only cost £50 but you probably spend a lot longer using it than you would say CP - therefore you can argue its costing you money being tied up to the computer

Yep - spot on - blast this advancement in technology - how's your old black and white tv - no sky or cable - still driving around in an old Bedford van from the 1950's?

we all feel that technology is great unto the point when we get too old to understand it !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk