Tony Gill Carpet Smart

TRAINNING
« on: May 02, 2007, 07:58:16 am »
Hi All.
I have been reading with interest all the comments about the NCCA, what i would like to know is i have booked a two day course with Ashby's as i am thinking of buying the Ninja. Will this trainning be enough to get me started or will i have to do the NCCA course aswell.
Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

Re: TRAINNING
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:02:57 am »
It will get you started but will not help you join the NCCA.

Although Ashbys support the NCCA.

In a way its not a bad thing because when you do the NCCA course you will then reinforce the knowledge you gained at Ashbys.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:04:54 am »
HI

I think that you would be better going on the NCCA course because they will talk to you about all the different equipment available and how it works plus give you good based Knowledge and an optional exam at the end.

Where as Ashbys will just try and sell you the Ninja on the course.

Best thing I did was go on the NCCA course because it gave me insite to the business and what companies are out their.

Cheers

Neil

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

Re: TRAINNING FOR NEWBIE
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:31:48 am »
Hi Neil & Ian.
I have already booked courses at Ashby's and no refunds if i don't go, so i will do them and then i suppose i will have to get booked on the NCCA course.Thanks for your advice.
Kind regards Tony

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:18 am »
When I went on Ashbys course many moons ago there were two people new to the bussiness who had done NCCA first.

They said they felt a bit loss on NCCA as they had never cleaned carpet.

They felt Ashby training was more at their level, but what it probably did was click into their minds the parts of the NCCA course they were less confident about.

I think the same would apply in reverse.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:03:43 am »
I did the NCCA course in October last year, about 25% of the delegates were experienced, some very much so, about 75% either never cleaned carpets or v little experienced(like me).

Would be interested to know how many were still carpet cleaners!

Not been on the Ashby course so cannot comment, I wanted to avoid being sold specific manufacturers equipment.

Without the NCCA course I would not have the confidence to go out and seek work, and certainly would not still be active. Joining the NCCA has more than paid for itself in terms of referrrals from their website.
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 10:02:18 pm »
Hi guys.
Confidence not a problem as i have tons of it i have been running my own buisiness for 16 years i just want to make sure i get the wright trainning to make sure i know what i am doing when i start cleaning carpets.
Thanks again for all your help and advice i am sure i will need more in the future and this forum is really good for that.
Cheers Tony
ps. will let you know how i get on at ashby's

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 03:24:17 pm »
In that case  I think you should do  IICRC training.?

calmore

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 03:36:13 pm »
I'll probably get flamed for this...

I'd imagine the Ashby course will be perfectly sufficient to get you up and running. (After all, the machine manufacturers want you to succeed so that you come back and buy more machines in the future!)

It should teach you the basics of carpet identification and what/what not to do when cleaning a carpet.

Once your business is up and running you can justify shelling out the dosh to go on a NCCA course.

The NCCA course will go into things in much more detail than the Ashby one.
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/