matt jones

Re: GLIDES TEFLON LIPS
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 06:07:04 pm »
Fletch, i will go on what i have read from people on this forum and another forum i go on. One example i think of is how prochem tell you (i say prochem as that is the only training course i have done) to use the wand-dip the wand down as you push it forward and raise it up as you drag it back towards you, this is to increase the amount of airflow thus drying the carpets quicker. Surely you must of been told in the past that if you hold a wand or handtool on a surface so it is completely locked onto that surface with no gap then this wont remove as much moisture as tilting the tool slightly increasing the airflow which creates more suction, i think this is what is refered to as a vortex? I have also been told a similiar explaination from a very experienced guy regarding how the little hunter vacs work so well at removing dustmites etc from mattresses and pillows. My question was simple why buy a little hunter vac when you could use a proper powerful hoover which would surely remove the same and surly more mites etc. I was told the reason for this was because it is less powerful etc etc sorry that was kind of a bad example. But anyway going back to what i was saying when a glide is fitted to your wand you get constant airflow you can here it. It also saves having to bend down so much with the dip & raised wanding method in order to creat this additional airflow. This probably makes no sense so my apologies its kind off hard to explain in writing.
Regards
matt

fletch

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 08:10:10 pm »
Matt,
If you lift the wand from the surface your working on you will lose suction, yes it will increase airflow dragged in from outside the wand and create a vortex.

Example, if you create a seal with your lips over the back of your hand and suck air inwards, you will create a vacuum.
Now try it again slightly lifting your lower lip away from the back of your hand, you will of noticed a loss of vacuum.

Please don't think I sit here all day sucking the back of my hands.
                                 Regards,
                                   Fletch.
DIVIDE & CONQUER

Liahona

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 08:28:46 pm »
fletch, instead of finding every reason you can think of of knocking all the advice  you have asked for, why dont you try them and see for yourself. 

Best, Dave.

P.S. With what you desribe using the back of your hand, you have created air flow by moving your lip.  The vacuum will be the same but with more flow your hand if it was wet would now dry quicker.  Well you know what I mean.

A lot of very experienced cleaners on here have given you an opinion of how good they are yet still you argue not having tried them.  Get one and you wont clean with out one again.

*paul_moss

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 08:44:27 pm »
Fletch

Daves hit the nail on the head. Go and buy one and see.

They did make a difference when I used the glide with my portable, but they made a massive difference with the T/M. I also found the slotted version better thean the holed version.

Matt at cleansmart is knocking them out under half price at the moment £39 :o.

I have just bought a 2 inch wand that wont take a glide so ive just ordered lips for it as its hard to lift off the carpet with the machine on half power.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

fletch

Re: GLIDES TEFLON LIPS New
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 08:57:38 pm »
Dave,
Advice is just advice, whereby on receiving it you make an informed decision and act.
I dont think anybody on here has stated anything that would leave me to think that Glides, would be a good investment.

I've heard enough about the Glides and I'm sure  that they are not for me.
I am not being arguementetive with anyone on here, I was just trying to have a reasonalble debate on the subject.                        
                               Regards,
                                  Fletch.

DIVIDE & CONQUER

Liahona

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 12:51:45 am »
Fare comment but how can you debate on something you havent reied or know about.  Anyway 40 quid isnt a days fuel so it's not that large amount of monies.  I certainly wouldnt suggest it comes under an investment catagory.  Best, Dave...... go on try one, you know you ought too............ the speed of the clean is worth the £40 even if it doesnt work.