Tony Gill Carpet Smart

Microsoft Office Live Small Business
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »
Has anyone got a Microsoft office live small business acount  they have used to build a web site.
What happens when Microsoft office 365 takes over  ??? ???

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Dennis

Re: Microsoft Office Live Small Business
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »
Came up a few weeks ago for someone else.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=147335.0

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:25:47 pm »
Good old Dennis they don't have 8 eyes in Norflok for nothing you know!

Even his Dad's brother's nephew (that's his son to me and you) will tell you that.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »
check out the TACCA forum tony, some info on there.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »
Has anyone got a Microsoft office live small business acount  they have used to build a web site.
What happens when Microsoft office 365 takes over  ??? ???

Cheers Tony

Tony,
As you may have now seen from my post on this, there is no facility from Microsoft to simply transfer your Office Live Website across to 365. You have to build it again from scratch, that's what I have done. Microsoft now charge £4.. per month.
In 365 you also don't have the same 'reports' facility to track your sites performance. I believe there may be a way of accesing some form of 'Reports' but it's not as good as the original and for the life of me I have not been able to fathom out how to do this.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Richard Cole

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:10:23 pm »
Tony

I had a free website with Microsoft and then found out that they were dropping it in favour of the new paid for 365 so I built a new free website with weebly.com and just transferred my domain name.  However for some reason Microsoft attach funny extensions to the web pages, "aspx" or something very close i forget, the problem I had was that google and indexed these pages for my google ranking and when I built my new website and transferred the domain the extensions no longer existing and I lost my google ranking. Just something to be aware of with microsoft as I see that the same extensions appear on their new 365 websites which is not a major problem but it might be if you ever need to transfer your domain name like me.

Have a look at weebly.com its free with free hosting and very easy to use.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »
Getting Alex from Alloy to do mine, He's redesigning the full thing, moving it over and sorting the emails etc.

Got a load of quotes from the microsoft 'partners' and Alex has come in way below their prices including the full redesign and keeping the good ranks etc.

10% tacca discount too

http://www.alloymarketing.co.uk/guides/moving-a-microsoft-free-website-over-to-office-365/
Www.2venturegroup.com

fitz2kleen

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:18:04 pm »
Tony

I had a free website with Microsoft and then found out that they were dropping it in favour of the new paid for 365 so I built a new free website with weebly.com and just transferred my domain name.  However for some reason Microsoft attach funny extensions to the web pages, "aspx" or something very close i forget, the problem I had was that google and indexed these pages for my google ranking and when I built my new website and transferred the domain the extensions no longer existing and I lost my google ranking. Just something to be aware of with microsoft as I see that the same extensions appear on their new 365 websites which is not a major problem but it might be if you ever need to transfer your domain name like me.

Have a look at weebly.com its free with free hosting and very easy to use.

We were in the same situation, luckily we had another website .co.uk that had been built for us by a new web design company.
After looking at all the options we decided the best option was for him to redirect our .com from office live to the .co.uk.
If anything our rankings have improved , we have still got the ratings from the old site together with the rankings from the new one.
We kept our email addresses too.
I dont know how he did what he did but im very glad he did :D
The cost of this service £1.99 a month for hosting.
All the other work, including the design of the .co.uk site he did in return for adding us to his portfolio.
Must be working as we are flat out at the minute, mostly new customers and commercial too.

derek west

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:29:52 pm »
Getting Alex from Alloy to do mine, He's redesigning the full thing, moving it over and sorting the emails etc.

Got a load of quotes from the microsoft 'partners' and Alex has come in way below their prices including the full redesign and keeping the good ranks etc.

10% tacca discount too

http://www.alloymarketing.co.uk/guides/moving-a-microsoft-free-website-over-to-office-365/

same guy that built the tacca site, and is re doing my affordable cleaners site. and built billy's site. highly recommended.

Billy Russell

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 07:25:19 am »
Thanks guys Microsoft what a set of T**ts!!

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:37:26 am »
I'll 2nd what Tony said!! proper set of t*ats!!
 ;D ;D
Www.2venturegroup.com