BRETT

rain stops play?
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:55 pm »
at the mo i phone all my custies the night before to let them know i,m coming and to leave gates unlocked,how do you guys get on if youve phoned then cannot clean because of the rain ,do you then have to phone them up again the next night to say leave gates unlocked agian? ???what if it again rains the next day do you keep phoning ::)

Lee Pryor

Re: rain stops play?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:53:07 pm »
this does happen sometimes, just explain yourself properly to the customer, at the end of the day thats window cleaning for you. every job has its pros and cons
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:54:52 pm »
Yes I keep phoning. My record so far is 4 with the same customer over a 2 week period ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:01:58 pm »
at the mo i phone all my custies the night before to let them know i,m coming and to leave gates unlocked,how do you guys get on if youve phoned then cannot clean because of the rain ,do you then have to phone them up again the next night to say leave gates unlocked agian? ???what if it again rains the next day do you keep phoning ::)
How long you on the blower on a night, and whats your phone bill like? Just turn up and clean the windows, split the ladder to get over the gate with the custys permision. Tell your custys that due to bad weather and other circumstances you cant always make a certain time on a certain date, the vast majority realise this and accept it. Im not too sure many custys would like their gates unlocked until they get home from work, so if you can gain acsess to the rear via splitting the ladder then do so, ive had very few not give permission for this, also you could ask for a spare key if you cant get around the backs by splitting the ladder, hope this helps
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

BRETT

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:09:03 pm »
i use a wfp trolley system so i need the gates unlocked,cant carry 40kg up a ladder over a gate and back down a ladder :o ;)

bad trippy

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:11:39 pm »
i use a wfp trolley system so i need the gates unlocked,cant carry 40kg up a ladder over a gate and back down a ladder :o ;)
why do you have to take the trolley around the backs for? Cant you leave it around the front a just take ur pole and hose over the gate?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

suds window service

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 08:57:15 pm »
brett why not just send them a txt message to their mobile or their landline?

seandyer2003

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:53 pm »
why do you have to take the trolley around the backs for? Cant you leave it around the front a just take ur pole and hose over the gate?

exactly - take a length of hose ??? you only need 20 foot or so !

mci services

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:44 pm »
why not just buy waterproofs ;) problem solved

ok cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:19:10 pm »
why not just leave that customers and try to find  some with easy acces to back?

traps7

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:33 pm »
I used to refuse to phone the night before but so many more customers started locking gates that I had to start phoning in the end else I'd end up doing the front for a few quid which is in neither theirs or my interests. I don't phone twice though I just expect the gate to be open each following workday after it's rained until I get there. It seems a no-brainer to me but some customers do forget so I try to explain to them.
The only other thing I discovered is that if the gate is locked then they are out and won't know it was raining when you did them and if they are in they can simply unlock the gate. Either way you win.
I just hate the ones that decide for themselves that because its raining at 8am when they leave the house it'll be raining all day and you wont turn up.
Don't do it for small houses though, it's not worth the hassle.

karygate

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:48:01 am »
i phone all my customers the night before because it saves me collecting because they leave the money in an arranged place. i pay 10 pounds a month to have free phone calls which more than outweighs the cost and time required for collecting . i am never owed anything and do not need to chase customers for payment or sit waiting six weeks for cheques to appear through the door. the pros far outweigh the cons.
gary

traps7

Re: rain stops play? New
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 07:29:17 pm »
i dont phone ,even i dont know how far i will get each day,either get a key off the customer or split the ladder  ;D ;D

Gees I'm only 35 dude but I stopped doin that years ago.
 - Splitting the ladder that is.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 07:53:13 pm »
if i phone i do them otherwise it impinges on your other work [ you get behinde helen]