Smudger

Re: Which gutter vac..
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2016, 04:19:43 pm »
Anyone want some turf....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2016, 04:28:35 pm »
Anyone want some turf....

Darran

No thanks I've got enough myself ta very much  ;D
Looked like a pig of a job to do if that was seemless ali gutter type with internal brackets smudger.

Smudger

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2016, 04:36:46 pm »
Victorian cast gutter - no brackets at all  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smurf

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »

Darran

Nice one  ;)

Plankton

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2016, 08:08:42 pm »
Makes it almost enjoyable don't it Chris ;D

How did you get on with the gutter cleaning systems carbon poles?

The poles are light, but cheap feeling, they did the job just fine though. Certainly not Gardiner quality carbon.
Can't get along with the little mirror so will go the camara route at some point.

Those mirrors are a total waste of time if you ask me.

I've just noticed Gardiner Pole Systems are now selling Vantage Point Products wired version http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/essential-wired-telescopic-rugged-camera-survey-inspection-kit.html Not sure about the wired version though as have used something simular before and found wired camera inspection systems a real pain in the arse to use for guttering inspections etc.

However they also sell the wifi version here that might be worth a look http://www.vantagepointproducts.com/

I went for a gopro yonks ago myself but you could also get at cheap sj400 that would probably do the same job at a fraction of the price of any of the above.
I'm trying to find a cheap wired cam and screen as I find the WiFi can be interrupted easily. Currently using a Sony cam and windows phone.
The mirror is ok to get you started

Plankton

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:43 pm »

Darran
Done a Victorian cast couple of weeks ago but it was shallow gutters, with the size of your roof it would have to of been deep with thick turf. Which brings me to asking is it not better with the ladder when removing lawns from the gutter, since having the triple vac I have wasted time ( me thinks) testing the power and different techniques. ?

Plankton

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2016, 03:18:35 am »
If you are thinking of getting a sjcam sj4000 then best you watch this video first so you don't get caught out buying a cheaper fake as are not as good as the real ones.

How to spot a fake sjcam sj4000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjkmtQvT0M

Now you can have fun spotting the fakes http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=sjcam+sj4000&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H1.Xsj4000.TRS0&_nkw=sj4000&_sacat=0
Remember that it's sjcam that's ripping other companies off with their clones. This is the vid I was referring to before. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22aANhjcqWE

Smurf

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2016, 09:29:38 am »
They probably manufacture the gopro brand too but are not allowed to advertise that they do. After all gopro is made in china too and has made the gopro ceo a billionaire  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2016, 02:13:20 pm »
Just a quick update I did not have to use ladders at all as the guttervac worked well to clear the bocked downspout and guttering in the pics below. 

To put the swan neck joint back together to the downpipe I found out the downpipe was lose on the wall so had dropped down. Instead of getting me ladders of the van as I could not be arsed I just used a wfp and the end of the brush to tease the bottom opening on the downspout forward a bit to line up with the downpipe and pushed them back together.

To stop them comming apart again as the brackets were the wrong size fitted to the downpipe so would not tighten up enough I just wedged a bit of brick under the bend at the botton of the downpipe to stop it slipping down again. Jobs a good um..Yeeha!  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2016, 02:16:27 pm »
A screw through the bracket into the downpipe works wonders as well  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2016, 02:18:37 pm »
A screw through the bracket into the downpipe works wonders as well  ;)

I know Smudger it does but could not be arsed to get the tools out of me van so done the broken brick trick instead  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2016, 02:31:56 pm »
Anyhow one of my pet hates is when numpties that put long screws into joints/downpipes which does my head in as is one of the main causes of blockages.  They can't just put short screws in it has to be the longest they can fooking well find. >:(