andyM

Re: Ben's Gutters - all what it seems?
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 11:30:21 am »
Does seem a bit OTT. Also it does seem as if its a police force internal memo being forwarded on to PCSO's.
Agreed that Bens Gutters should not be advertising as LTD if they are not.
Aside from that as far as I can see Bens Gutters are doing nothing wrong apart from going about their business in exchange for agreed payment.
If the workmanship is not up to scratch im sure word will soon get round, but surely even that would be a consumer direct issue and not the police?
And to say that a customer should not use a business that does not advertise in Yellow Pages or the internet is total crap  ::)   

Also that memo is dated June 2009? And the Bens Gutters website still says they are LTD.
So I don't supposse anything happened about it anyway  ???
One of the Plebs

richywilts

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:53 pm »
so what if they charge £60 for 15mins work good on them i say is it a crime to charge high prices, maybe they need to charge them prices to cover there outgoings and make a profit (im not having a go at the person who posted this price) just sayin im sick to death of joe public thinkin people like us arent worth that sort of money.

no one would bat an eyelid if a plumber came to do a job for that much money
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Davo

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 05:22:33 pm »
so what if they charge £60 for 15mins work good on them i say is it a crime to charge high prices, maybe they need to charge them prices to cover there outgoings and make a profit (im not having a go at the person who posted this price) just sayin im sick to death of joe public thinkin people like us arent worth that sort of money.

no one would bat an eyelid if a plumber came to do a job for that much money

Well said that man.....

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 05:55:02 pm »
The PWC (Angie Pearson) doesn't seem too clued up on certain things though.  She implies that Ben's Gutters are dodgy because they are not registered with Companies House.  As I'm sure most of us know, Companies House tends to be about limited companies.  Not being a limited company is no indication of being dodgy.  Although she needs to do her homework, she surely knows more about policing than I do.  The difference being that I don't start passing judgment on coppers unless I know the facts so maybe she shouldn't pass judgment on small businesses without acquainting herself better with the issues.
Not a lot to ask really.

johnny_h

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 08:04:15 pm »
they hit windsor last year a customer of mine booked them £160 for 2 lengths of gutters he asked to use her bleach missed most of them i saw his finger lines on the insides of the gutters where hed run his hand along the insides took less than 20 mins she called them back to re do them which fair play they sent another guy he re did them took 30 mins this time she managed to see his work sheet it had 12 addresses on it for a days work not bad at £160 a pop !!! 2 weeks later same style flyer same format but for carpet cleaning
AUDI VIDE TACE