N.F.M.W & G.C
« on: August 05, 2003, 04:28:10 am »
Hi can anyone give me any feed back of the National Federation of Master Window & General Cleaners.
I have been looking into joining and to me seems quite good as well as a good thing to join to help you to be Recognised as a professional company but today I had a stand up argument with someone who totally knocked it and slaged it of I replyed to this shinner had no chance of joining as he had for one never held insurance and when worked worked in such a way to endanger him self as well as the public. He replyed it was not a recognised company.
Could anyone please let me know if it has helped them in any way.
Cheers Alan  (shinnyshinner)

HCS

Re: N.F.M.W & G.C
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 12:55:02 am »
I have been a member for approx 4 years and they are an excellent organisation. You have the opportunity to purchase insurance and equipment through them as well as being able to use the logo on your literature etc. You get to hear about new products and ways of working before anyone else. Something that is priceless in any business.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 02:16:05 am »
Cheers for the reply is the federation recognised by other company’s you have done work for, as seen a lot of different company's use the logo.
Cheers Alan

pintuck

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 01:11:20 am »
What professional group was the non-federation member a member of? If none then the Federation member would have full insurance with public liability to cover in his price.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 11:50:11 pm »
Thats is so out of order Polepro when did you hear that?
All those different businesses out there from one-man bands to shop retailers to cleaning for office blocks. Is the N.F.M.W &G.C a recognised organisation? Is this organisation so well known by different companies out there as being a member would this help to pick up different and better jobs to contracts as if not in it.
I have been cleaning windows for coming up to 16 years with a break for 2 years and not once have I heard companies out there ask if I was a member can this federation help you pick up better work/ contracts?  

rsaxon7

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 05:52:20 am »
haha! its funny how the 'national headquarters' for this organisation is a little house in reddish that you would never even notice. it took me ages to find it at first. i wouldn't dream of joining the federation. but they are the best equipment shop for windowcleaners in manchester. but.......still they don't have synthetic wash leather. thats fibers sandwiched between 2 layers of latex. anyone help me here?

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 07:50:03 pm »
as I am on the board of the Federation if there is anyone who would like an info pack please call the
National Fedaration of master window cleaners
on 0161 432 8754 where the staff will only to pleased
to help! I can tell you the people on the board do work hard for there members,not only trade shows but behind the the shows as well,admin etc,board meetings
go on for hours everytime,it is not all fun!

Terry.
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 09:16:47 pm »
Hi welcome terry
just one question All those different businesses out there from one-man bands to shop retailers to cleaning for office blocks. Is the N.F.M.W &G.C a recognised organisation? Is this organisation so well known by different companies out there as being a member would this help to pick up different and better jobs to contracts as if not in it.
I have been cleaning windows for coming up to 16 years with a break for 2 years and not once have I heard companies out there ask if I was a member can this federation help you pick up better work/ contracts?
Cheers Mate Alan

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 09:25:43 pm »
Shinny,the Fed has been going since around 1947 ish,
the Fed is blessed by the Health and safety as a reconised orginization,we have a safety film out,
that I help to make  in 1999,there is a Federation for most things in life! this is our one! you can only join if you have proper cover insurance,you can get this from the federation,at a cheaper rate,if your a member.you also will get a mag,logos to fix on your van,etc give them  a call   0161 432 8754
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 09:27:50 pm »
I got the fed pack a while ago what sort of person can sign the part about knowing you for 5 years is it anyone or only a proffesional person cheers again
Alan

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 09:33:49 pm »
Alan, doctors is normally good one,we all get ill,
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 09:38:07 pm »
Cheers terry was not sure if it was a ref from say a job you have been cleaning
Cheers again Alan

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 09:47:46 pm »
Alan how about a vicar do you go to church,or police man! teacher!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 10:08:27 pm »
I have received jobs through the Federation in the past, one was too big, a weeks work which I passed on to someone else.  The other jobs worked out fine.  Just let them know which areas of work you do and you will be put on the appropriate list.  Customers do contact the Federation!
Martin Warman
Executive Council Member N.F.M.W & G.C.
www.nfmwgc.com

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 10:29:29 pm »
Cheers for your replys
Alan

Andrew

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2003, 06:18:24 am »
Until April this year i served as the NFMW&GC's National Education amd Training Officer for 6 years.  I was expelled from the Federation's governing body for, "being discourtious to the general secretary, chairman and vice chairman". Given that experience it is self evident that i dont agree, to put it mildly, with all the Federation does and stands for. Even so i would recommend that anyone with a serious involvement in window cleaning joins.  For the small sum involved in the subscrption fee, despite its failings, the Federation gives value for money.  

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2003, 10:15:08 pm »
Hi andrew
Does the fed have its own training program
Thanks for your honesty
Alan

Andrew

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2003, 07:14:10 pm »
Does the fed have its own training program

Alan,

Depends on how you define "training"!  If you mean mentoring or coaching, the answer is NO!

Some training or instruction can be derived from the Fed's mag. Window Talk.  From time to time the Fed arranges generic health and safety seminars at its head office. Seminars are a feature of the Fed's annual trade show. I would especially recommend the trade show health and safety seminar usually delivered by the Fed. H&S officer, Andrew Lee - a very knowlegable guy, with all the latest info on the subject.  Please note however that i am not recommending these as a substitute for formal certified health and safety training. The Fed also has a very good training video for ladders (available to members and none members).

My duties as Education and Training Officer were limited to representing the Fed's interests within the Cleaning Industry National Training Organisation, and with regard to such things as N/SVQ's.  I beleive i put my best effort into providing a formal training programme for the Fed, but i never enjoyed the full backing of the Executive Committee for that - tried several times! I now do with others what i would like to have done with the Fed.

Andrew

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2003, 07:19:36 pm »
Cheers for reply intersting do you miss the fed and do you feel you could of made a difference in the avenues you were working in
Alan

sam hughes

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2003, 03:32:11 am »
So far everything I heard on this forum about the NFMW&GC, I'm far from sold they;

1/offer insurance - easier to get it far cheaper
2/Offer tools & equip. - far cheaper elsewear & good advice
3/ mag of ads -

most people say on here say their customers (mine certainly haven't) heard of the NFMW. there is nothing giving advice on commercial work, only residentiual and the only person to mention getting work through them is FED MAN, but he promotes them so much he must have a slice of the membership fee pie like Terry burrows.
Is there anyone with genuine unbiased benifits they had by joining? (plz dont reply with the feds sales pitch)

I think this forum has loads offer, shouldn't the fed, taking the membership fees, be the one providing good & services/ideas to the many wc's.

Sam

sam