TennetClean

Re: best trade association ?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:36 pm »
lol here we go again

Joking apart if enough wc,s wanted a neutral fed , why not get one ?

thats just the point, nobody could care less.  And of those tiny number that do, how many are willing to put their hands in their pocket?  not many

And no offense but before anyone mentions licensing for window cleaners in england,  WE DONT WANT IT.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Helen

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 08:55:37 am »
Joking apart if enough wc,s wanted a neutral fed , why not get one ?  ::)

Because when push comes to shove window cleaners in this country don't want to belong to an organisation.
As D.A said, it was tried by the APWC.

elite mike

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 08:58:47 am »
lol here we go again

Joking apart if enough wc,s wanted a neutral fed , why not get one ?

thats just the point, nobody could care less.  And of those tiny number that do, how many are willing to put their hands in their pocket?  not many

And no offense but before anyone mentions licensing for window cleaners in england,  WE DONT WANT IT.

yeh got to agree on this one,,  WE DONT WANT IT  :D

ronnie paton

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 10:08:50 am »
i do want it!  it would get rid of the cowboys in time, all those cheap fly by night window cleaners.

TennetClean

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 10:32:30 am »
Lol so do you think there are no cowboy window cleaners in scotland?

poleman

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 10:45:05 am »
Here is two window cleaners in scotland, that didnt give a ladder monkeys about licensing

elite mike

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 12:40:30 pm »
hi poleman

god ,those guys are so stupid.

just cannot understand why they are working like that.

wonder if they are on this site

mike

poleman

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 12:57:40 pm »
hi poleman

mike

I know of some on here that work like that, do they give a LadderMonkeys NOPE they would say sod off its my life

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 01:09:23 pm »
hi poleman

mike

I know of some on here that work like that, do they give a LadderMonkeys NOPE they would say sod off its my life

yeh a really short one, by the look of it??

sjm

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 06:15:31 pm »
I know I am going to regret sying this , but hayho , It would be good have a trade fed logo on stationary , that told the customer you are fully insured , and took your business seriously . But as theses posts have shown we are on to a loser  :-\   Whenever I see a plumber with corgi logo on van , I know he must be good at his job as example !  Anyway thanks for your posts lads ( and Helen )  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 09:19:54 pm »
I know I am going to regret sying this , but hayho , It would be good have a trade fed logo on stationary , that told the customer you are fully insured , and took your business seriously . But as theses posts have shown we are on to a loser  :-\   Whenever I see a plumber with corgi logo on van , I know he must be good at his job as example !  Anyway thanks for your posts lads ( and Helen )  ;D

The average joe on the street has never heard of the FED, the AWPC, the BWCA, the SLWCN or the Guild,.. BUT if they know about it of not, simply seeing the logo on your van/stationary will make a positive impression and leave a more professional image in their minds.

Personally I think that the logo on the van is the main benefit of any of the current associations, (for me at least, I live outside the UK),... and I can't justify the paying the high member fee's just for a logo,.. which is why after a bit of brainstorming the Guild was created back in April.

Take a look at www.mgwc.org and see what you think!

sjm

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 11:34:46 pm »

The average joe on the street has never heard of the FED, the AWPC, the BWCA, the SLWCN or the Guild,.. BUT if they know about it of not, simply seeing the logo on your van/stationary will make a positive impression and leave a more professional image in their minds.

Personally I think that the logo on the van is the main benefit of any of the current associations, (for me at least, I live outside the UK),... and I can't justify the paying the high member fee's just for a logo,.. which is why after a bit of brainstorming the Guild was created back in April.

Thanks will have a shifty  ;D Where are you based ?

DASERVICES

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2008, 12:35:30 am »

Nat delete the SLWCN mate, totally WRONG. A lot of of guys have had phone calls due to posters we have put up, some people have rang their Council and then cancelled their unlicensed window cleaner.

There is one huge advertising program coming soon in one area, I would say 80% of customers will know who SLWCN are, and paid for by ;), not us ;)

So here is a statement what authority will back an association ;)

TennetClean

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 12:42:49 am »
DA services no offense but if you're in scotland you dont have to be in SLWCN to be legit and licensed.

Some more cynical types might say you are attempting to make it sound as if only SLWCN members are legit, but who made you the industry representative?

I highly doubt that a council or anybody else would pay to advertise a private organisation like the SLWCN. Yes they could be advertising to use a licensed window cleaner, but that is not the same thing.  As I said, a window cleaner can be licensed and not in your network.

Why are you acting like the voice of the industry when nobody elected you to be?  Next you'll be telling us that we need licensing in england AGAIN.  I think somebody likes power a little too much.

DASERVICES

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2008, 01:39:16 am »
Tennet,

I'm not elected member nor am I the industry representative, we are a network of licensed window cleaners.

This is no lie but we have had 2 councils to date which we have worked with backing the SLWCN, and paid for advertising, not going into details. Councillers have on their objectives working with SLWCN, this is no lie ;)

I am not a power person but if you are a social person then you will hear stories up and down the country about window cleaners struggling to make a living with £3.50 a house.

The Council/Police empose a license on us so it is fair to say enforce it and make it known.

There is a huge legal issue which we have looked into, licensing will not be scrapped so we have to make it work for us.

What I will say access to Council, Goverment minutes will reveal a lot of information.

I sense you are not bothered about our trade and guys who are struggling to earn a living, I cannot garauntee that things will be changed but sitting moaning about things in my experience in life will not change things. We might fail but at least we should try.

Then again we will not please everyone, that is a fact of life, even my misses ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 08:45:43 am »
D.A

I don't know that you can use the - 'don't you want to help the guys that are struggling' card.

If they are struggling in an industry that has no limit to earnings that is their own fault. We all start with a level playing field, some will be better than others, that is the way of the world.

Rob ;D

elite mike

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 08:50:40 am »
Then again we will not please everyone, that is a fact of life, even my misses

especially the mother in law   :D  :D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 08:51:28 am »
I will add to my post that there are personal reasons why some would struggle but that is not the responsibility of a trade association and I would not want my money spent on someones personal issues.

Rob ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 09:14:39 am »
SLWCN is FREE, we all help each other as a network.

You hit it on the head Rob with "We all start with a level playing field"

The answer to that in a lot of areas is NO, to many beer brigade about. You are probably not effected that much down South but there are huge issues in some parts which the licence should resolve it.

Hence I would totally agree with your statement " We ALL need to be on the same level playing field"

The Councils and Police need to give back more to the Industry if they want us to be licensed, there are hundreds on licensed window cleaners throughout the years have been asking the Council to do this. They have never done anything but now as a united front they are now willing to work with us.

This is not a war and has never been, we just want a return on the fees we pay which thankfully we will soon see. The license was empowered by the Police as a community safety issue so they should be backing us as well.

There is also a lot wrong but why not work with Councils and make it work for the industry which all licensed window cleaners can have a say in it.

Hope this makes sense ;) ;D