corky

NEW LAW ON USING LADDERS
« on: October 25, 2007, 08:45:48 pm »
Didnt see the news myself so all second hand information from people who think they know best, that by june 2008 I wont be able to use a ladder as well as no water is this right ? Any comments on this would be great thanks

tacky

Re: NEW LAW ON USING LADDERS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:24:37 pm »
i dont think a complete ladder ban .has been mentioned as of yet.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:57:33 am »
Corky

All untrue

Dave

Stephen Dwyer

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 05:29:12 pm »
I certainly hope that this is not true as I work traditional and cannot afford a wfp. 

corky

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 10:29:40 am »
YES, LIKE YOU I USE TRADITIONAL I UNDERSTAND ITS TO DO WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY AND WE WILL NEED HARNESSESS EVEN ON DOMESTIC WORK ! THANKYOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS THOUGH

Neil_A

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 11:09:03 am »
There may be new laws coming as to how you have to use a ladder...

I cant see them being banned all together

I think there will be a law saying you have to have a person at the bottom of the ladder
GRADE 'A'

George P

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 01:41:47 pm »
there has been talk of ladders being footed to be banned as the person footing ladder can become distracted and bored, absolulutly daft byt thats whats been said

paul saunders

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 05:13:21 pm »
And who's going to enforce this ban. ::) ::)
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

Neil271052

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 06:25:11 pm »
YES, LIKE YOU I USE TRADITIONAL I UNDERSTAND ITS TO DO WITH HEALTH AND SAFETY AND WE WILL NEED HARNESSESS EVEN ON DOMESTIC WORK ! THANKYOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS THOUGH

.........and what will you fasten your harness to?

I doubt customers will want eye bolts fixing in various places in their walls. ;)
Cheers,
Neil

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 07:50:17 am »
Didnt see the news myself so all second hand information from people who think they know best, that by june 2008 I wont be able to use a ladder as well as no water is this right ? Any comments on this would be great thanks
not heard of the ladder ban, I use wfp and trad. Banning water is a subject that is being talked about alot but speaking to the water companies about it, they said this will be aimed at the domestic market first, then the commercial market but is unlikely to ever happen, there has been no hose pipe ban in my area (anglian water) for over 15 years, dont lose sleep over it, it just seems some like to scare monger (then call it news)

Neil271052

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:08:14 pm »
there has been no hose pipe ban in my area (anglian water) for over 15 years, dont lose sleep over it, it just seems some like to scare monger (then call it news)

You are lucky.

Where I live in the SE there has been a hosepipe ban most years except this year.

After all the rain we had this summer.  ;)
Cheers,
Neil

isaacstradling12

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 01:46:28 pm »
There is no ladder ban

The new GUIDELINES stated that only the right equipment for the job could be used and that to take care not to be using ladders that are unsuitable!

Who would enforce the ban anyway if there was one? the police? the council?

Think about it...

Wouldnt you of heard something more than a rumour?

poleman

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 04:01:33 pm »
there has been talk of ladders being footed to be banned as the person footing ladder can become distracted and bored, absolulutly daft byt thats whats been said

I agree, someone can be distracted and footing is not safe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gek2uXCYdmw

Andy

Jake

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 07:01:37 pm »
That's a classic 'pay peanuts get monkeys' lesson !
Exeter, Devon

poleman

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:26 pm »
chuffin hell  ;D

Andy

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 05:33:26 pm »
Chuffin' Ice!
It's a game of three halves!

pingu

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 09:04:35 am »
I have heard it said that ladders for window cleaning is banned here in Holland....

mmmmm...

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:11:51 am »

I agree, someone can be distracted and footing is not safe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gek2uXCYdmw

Andy
I agree and it is not chuufin funny, for chuffs sake  :P

Collybolly

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 01:44:39 am »
Wish my window cleaner would bring his ladder & bucket back. He's gone posh with a flash van and WFP.

Trouble is, we live on a main A-road so the windows get really grubby, in a white-washed house...the front of which is now streaky and grey thanks to the water running down the walls.

I guess this is 'the norm' but I'm going to have to 'let him go' and get up my own ladder.

pot

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 10:58:28 am »
I am sure you can read post on here, but your window cleaner has invested in the future of window cleaning, twice as fast, 100% safer than ladders, cheaper on insurnce, gives more pride in the job, and be able to quote for bigger jobs, gone have the days of flat cap, fAg in mouth, dirt cloth, brigade.