« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 07:42:46 pm »
paul
can you answer my questions as well
cheers ;)

Customers4u

Re: Window rounds on a plate
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2005, 09:57:28 pm »
Hi Marcinos

Once customers are being served, we would expect payment.

Ie we work in week one for example with no payment, the following week we would expect to be paid on the previous weeks work.

The customers would be able to be served as quickly as the next day but obviously up to the individual concerned when they are started but obviously not weeks away as people would give up and maybe sign with other window cleaners!!

But of course any customers who for whatever reason do not stay on board, would be replaced by others, any customers that fall out in the first two months would be made good.

An example of costs would be this, say 50 customers are signed up in week 1, at an average of £10 per month, week 1,s work would cost £20 x 50 =£1,000, Which would be payable in week 2, however you would by then have served the customers in week 1 and collected in all thats owed except for a few that werent in when u called!

Customers generally pay their window cleaning bills so there are not 2 many problems there, u will of course get the odd bad debter, and if that was 2 happen, we would again make that customer good by dropping the bad debter and signing up a new one to replace it

Paul Bass  :)

Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 08:25:52 am »
There used to be a guy round here called Martin who would build up rounds just to sell them.

Its not necessarily a dodgy thing to do but none of the guys who bought off him seemed to last long.

I can't see the point in paying someone to do what you can do yourself. When you canvass you need to look at more than just the windows. You have to suss out access etc and even (dare I say) the householder !

A lot of houses are complex because of extensions and overhangs etc. A good 20- 25% of houses i would walk past and not even knock. Certainly none with leaded glass, lifes too short for that.
I do the houses I want not vice versa.

Customers4u

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
Hi vince,

yes we also look at the safety aspect as well, like we never clean above the 1st floor ie 3 levels.

We could sign up so many dodgy jobs, that no window cleaner would want, but its not how we work, we are quite picky in the houses that we go for, we try and sign up the biggest houses going, therefore the round becomes easier to service, i think most window cleaners on this forum would like the idea of 5 jobs a day paying £30, we are able 2 do this, if that is your requirement!

Everyone is different, some people are prepared to sign up their own customers, others just hate anything to do with sales which is why we do what we do.

However any customers, who do,nt become live, we will sign up other customers to cover for any drop outs.

paul  :)

Customers4u

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 12:44:28 pm »
Further 2 the above, have so far built 3 rounds in Cambridge which are still running, one for steve wagstaff which is basically a starter round of about 50 customers and another for Scott Rae, have put together 140 customers in St Albans for Andy he requires about 300, and have now started a round in Chigwell London for David, with another waiting to be built after that (Commercial) in Chingford.

Cant cope with all of this on my own so am now in the process of recruiting and training up to the same standard another 4 canvassers to cope with demand as there are also quite a few rounds bubbling under as well!

Paul Bass   :) :)

JW2

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2005, 03:14:35 am »
hi Paul
do you charge the same for commercial work as domestic?
 and say you price a job at £10.00, how many would an average wc be able to do in a day?

Tim
TLC

Customers4u

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2005, 08:08:44 am »
On commercial pricing, usually think what you,d charge if it was domestic then double it, but the rate can vary quite a bit, if u want a fairly closed up commercial round then the price needs to come down a bit so that you,re competitive with other window cleaners doing the same kind of work.

As to the second question, how many jobs you would get through would depend on how quick you are and if you are on your own or as a pair, i,ve got through 20 jobs on my own before but thats quite rare an average of 15 a day is normal on your own and 15-25 as a pair.

gaza

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 09:26:45 am »
HANG ON A MO: You stated Paul that you built rounds up all over the country, when asked by Malcal to show him one you had built up up north you were unable to do so

NOT KNOCKING WHAT YOU DO PAUL but lets be right ;D

Iver you do nationwide or not,or isit the fact that if you were to be asked to go national you would?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

steve k

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 04:52:12 pm »
He does build rounds up all over the country...but he obviously needs to be asked to do so first...!! Wherever you want him to work for you, he will go.
I`ve spoke to the guy about doing some work for me in Liverpool...seems reasonable to employ a salesman with expertise and experience to get me a compact round of well paying customers...while I am out working on my existing customers or at home with the kids.
I`ve just spent a few grand on a WFP system to improve upon my present customer base and income levels...£500  extra monthly income in a desired area for £1000 without having to do any legwork...I`m sure some people will find this a reasonable stake.

Customers4u

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 05:23:04 pm »
Thanx for, responding for me there steve, but yes thats basically it, no one has asked me to go any further than st albans or chigwell in london at the moment, but i am able to go anywhere in the country if u needed me there, just a case of putting me up in a spare room or laying on a b&b.

However there are 2 of us and we are capable of signing up 100 quality customers per week, so a 300 customer round can be put together in 3 weeks.

The biggest thing, i,ve found with this is trust, but that soon evaporates, when the work starts flowing to the window cleaner concerned, and he/she sees the quality of the work, which andy of st albans, steve of cambridge, scott of cambridge and david of chigwell will testify to.

Yes a lot of window cleaners can canvass themselves, but we fill the gap where the above mentioned people cant be doing with the extra work at the end of a hard days window cleaning shift.

Paul  :)

gaza

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2005, 09:19:18 pm »
Paul fair comment,but would you put up a stranger in your house,50 squid a night for two people is alot to pay for someone elses buiss venture. the plot thickens ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Customers4u

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2005, 10:17:33 pm »
Hiya gaza, well my rates are much lower than other canvassing companies, who charge up to twice as much!!, who also expect to be put up or travel no more than 50 miles from their base.

B&B,s can be found cheaper than £50 per night anyway, the plot is no more thicker than that, i,m an ethical type of chap, as others can testify, and if i had done anything untoward, it would have been posted under this heading much before now!

Paul  ;)

JW2

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 01:59:42 am »
Think pauls business is ethical and usefull in alot of ways.
i prefer to do my own canvassing, but i would consider using him in the future for extra work if need be.

question for paul: so a £1000.00 of commercial work would cost me £2000.00? am i right?

John Conroy

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 11:48:44 am »
Paul

Do you have a website? or some literature, as would like full details of your service.

John

Customers4u

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 09:36:22 pm »
Hiya jw2,

Yes , bang on right for comercial, just the same as for domestic,

Paul

:) :)

Customers4u

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 09:52:33 pm »
Hi john, no i dont have a website at present as most of my work has come from this site alone, but have just grown with several other salespeople having been trained up to the same standard as myself, so i will now need to look at all areas to keep these staff employed, will post here as soon as the website becomes 'live'

:) :)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2005, 06:49:30 am »
Paul,

Please can you contact me info@firstcleanservices.co.uk as i am seriously interesed in using your services for developing our business in an area we have not got time to do ourselves. If you prefer to call me you can reach me on my mobile 07786921202,

Regards,

Trevor
For and on behalf of First Clean Services
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

lee_dewing

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2005, 05:39:38 pm »
gcs, have read some of your posts with intrest,
was wondering why you only supply a mobile phone number and not a busuness landline number, seems iffy to me.

lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 05:41:45 pm »
was wondering why you only supply a mobile phone number and not a busuness landline number, seems iffy to me.

lee.

lee_dewing

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 05:43:07 pm »

lee.