windowswashed

Re: Expensive brushes
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2024, 08:49:54 pm »
The Radial Rocker brush:
 (I have a 14in version more scrubbing power pounds per force than a larger 18in) and find it a heavy brush to use. Only use it on heavily soiled glass or if someone has thrown egg and eggshell on glass. Blue steel pad is the best for removing egg, it works better than bronze wool, magic erasure and green bee rubber pad). Used on solar panels for removing lichen, adequate.

Only use cold or warm water and bristles don't deform or fall out even on conservatories which tend to pull bristles from other brushes. Can buy replacement bristles if need be. The thing that tends to wear out is the bumper protectors every six-twelve months as a rule through heavy use daily.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2024, 10:06:40 pm »
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, WW!
It's a game of three halves!

Splash and dash

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2024, 04:04:24 pm »
Same as ionics stuff

Overpriced 💩

Overpriced yes but the majority of there stuff is very good quality

Ggh

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2024, 05:01:17 pm »
Cleaning panels with steel pads sounds iffy. Wonder why he doesn’t just put a scaff tower up so he can reach it properly and see what he’s doing?

I would buy one if I was a solo window cleaner.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Viscount

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2024, 05:57:52 pm »
Been using a standard radial brush since September. Always used Tucker and Gardiner super light in the past. This time window cleaning I used an x-line Dupont sill brush. I have used a vikan back in the day and homemade Addis floor brush on my home made fishing pole modular pole.

Honestly, it isn't expensive for how good it is. It is way better than all the other brushes I've used and I'm getting a super-lite version  and a rocker version. I get why people want to put them down, but I ain't going back. Not a chance. But I get why people are reluctant. I was always a sucker for different kit - the Tucker pole (original brass coloured aluminium) back in 2005 was
like that. It was amazingly engineered, but heavy and fiddle to use. The brush was unequaled. But the radial brush is better and even better engineered. Wouldn't touch anything else now except for fascias and stuff.

Viscount

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2024, 05:59:48 pm »
Oh, and it doesn't lose bristles, but they do wear slowly. I have a new bristle set coming. All the parts are replaceable.

tlwcs

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2024, 06:39:18 pm »
Too heavy for me at any price

windowswashed

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2024, 09:27:22 pm »
Radial lite 18 inch is my go to everyday brush. Also like using the small radial lites for French panes as I have quite a few deep framed ones  doing them all day long is a pain in the rear but ok with these brushes.

I started off using them gold coloured Tucker poles as well and the 60ft one put muscles on you  ;D Couldn't beat an original Tucker brush for scrubbing power at the time.