Dry Clean

Re: £400
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2017, 09:21:24 am »
Another lazy day for me just around the £140 mark , if I wasn't  clearing another £700 or so a day from my rented properties I think Id be in trouble.

So you’re ‘clearing’ around £250,000 a year from rental properties and still cleaning windows for £140 a day. 😂😂😂

Sounds like BS doesn't it, I wonder would Nathan lend me his shovel. lol.

Marc Stock

« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2017, 11:03:52 am »
Another lazy day for me just around the £140 mark , if I wasn't  clearing another £700 or so a day from my rented properties I think Id be in trouble.

So you’re ‘clearing’ around £250,000 a year from rental properties and still cleaning windows for £140 a day. 😂😂😂

Sounds like BS doesn't it, I wonder would Nathan lend me his shovel. lol.

He said i would be in trouble if he wasnt clearing 700 a day from rental income.

Its only 20k a month. Thats only 20 properties a month paying £1k each in rent.

Say its all mortgaged, and each property costs £850 a month that's a 17k monthly cost leaving him a pre tax income of £3k a month. Id say its quite feasible that he'd top that up window cleaning.

slap bash

« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2017, 12:01:51 pm »
Discussing income is a sign of no class and no class is worse than low class. These discussions are a want of big-ing oneself up among peers. It` shows an inherent lack of self-esteem. Always trying to B/S someone how successful you are. It's cheap and nasty. And never convinces anyone except the same Bull shutters. So what do  we have here: A forum of low intelligent window cleaner trying to pull the wool over each other's eyes. I find it insulting to one`s intelligence. |I wish the tax man would just spend a week or two on this forum. He will catch a few but also expose the fools. It's a very dumb thing to do, discuss income on here.
What we should be discussing is the price we charge for our service and how we can improve our service and price.
o yes: if the boot fits you know what to do. Don`t tell me I am a nutter, try telling some who understand your ego like your shrink.

Dry Clean

« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2017, 12:40:28 pm »
Its a sign of the times Slap, no such thing now as minding your own business and it seems that the only way to be popular is
to big yourself up, I suppose in window cleaning what else can you really brag about other than money.

Marc Stock

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2017, 12:45:42 pm »
It would be interesting to see exactly what is showing on the tax returns of some individuals vs what they say they earn.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2017, 03:46:16 pm »
I don't think any money should be discussed on this forum at all-including pricing. It's not ferkin rocket science fir heavens sake!! All it does is just allows the ones with small genitals to hijack the thread and massage their own egos!
It's pretty pointless anyway as there are so many variables no two situations are the same. If you haven't got the sense to charge accordingly then you should try another job.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2017, 03:49:53 pm »
We don’t normally agree but tbh I know I jump on money threads like you but your right.

Og

« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2017, 05:36:19 pm »
the worst one is "i brought a new pole the other day".how many say BROUGHT instead of BOUGHT? ;D ;D ::)roll
Capital I Dazmond, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Capital "I" Dazmond, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Fixed that for you.

Comma after 'sin', innit?

NWH

« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2017, 05:37:57 pm »
Its a sign of the times Slap, no such thing now as minding your own business and it seems that the only way to be popular is
to big yourself up, I suppose in window cleaning what else can you really brag about other than money.
The sex m8 I’m only in this job for the sex.

Missing Link

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2017, 07:54:50 am »
Its only 20k a month. Thats only 20 properties a month paying £1k each in rent.

£1k a month rent is mental.

Though I think it's edging up towards that where I live, for decent three-bedroom houses.

House prices are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-priced too.

It doesn't surprise me people voted for Brexit in the face of high immigration levels forcing rent/house prices up higher.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:49 am »
Discussing income is a sign of no class and no class is worse than low class. These discussions are a want of big-ing oneself up among peers. It` shows an inherent lack of self-esteem. Always trying to B/S someone how successful you are. It's cheap and nasty. And never convinces anyone except the same Bull shutters. So what do  we have here: A forum of low intelligent window cleaner trying to pull the wool over each other's eyes. I find it insulting to one`s intelligence. |I wish the tax man would just spend a week or two on this forum. He will catch a few but also expose the fools. It's a very dumb thing to do, discuss income on here.
What we should be discussing is the price we charge for our service and how we can improve our service and price.
o yes: if the boot fits you know what to do. Don`t tell me I am a nutter, try telling some who understand your ego like your shrink.

Excellent post.

andyM

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2017, 08:18:35 am »
The sex m8 I’m only in this job for the sex.

Corr I bet you've got a sore botty
One of the Plebs

Missing Link

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2017, 09:06:03 pm »
Discussing income is a sign of no class and no class is worse than low class.

Everything I know about myself, I have learnt from other people telling me so.

But at no point in my life has anyone said, "Hey, Tosh, you're a classy bloke" apart from once, when I drank a pint of vomit for a laugh.

Slacky

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2017, 10:20:34 pm »

But at no point in my life has anyone said, "Hey, Tosh, you're a classy bloke" apart from once, when I drank a pint of vomit for a laugh.

If your mates are unable to distinguish between “classy” and “attention seeking” you need to listen to other people and what they’re telling you.

Missing Link

« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2017, 12:00:49 am »

If your mates are unable to distinguish between “classy” and “attention seeking” you need to listen to other people and what they’re telling you.

None of my mates have class either though.  And they were probably too busy playing 'freckles'. :'(

« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2017, 03:21:01 pm »

Excellent post.
Agree,
I made the mistake once of mentioning prices on this forum when I was after advice / encouragement regarding a big house that took me a day to clean. I'd only posted as it was a new thing to me and I was unsure as to whether I had charged enough. I didn't get any useful advice , only had my efforts mocked .

Dry Clean

« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »

Excellent post.
Agree,
I made the mistake once of mentioning prices on this forum when I was after advice / encouragement regarding a big house that took me a day to clean. I'd only posted as it was a new thing to me and I was unsure as to whether I had charged enough. I didn't get any useful advice , only had my efforts mocked .

What useful info could you have actually got ? some bigshot in the south telling you they would have charged 4 times as much
and some cash squeezed shiner in the north saying you wouldn't get half of it.
If your happy with your days earnings then you have charged enough if not then ask for tips on how to get better prices, you
could have been genuine enough but the majority of price sharers on here only do it to brag.

Steve Newres

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2017, 05:28:44 pm »

Excellent post.
Agree,

What useful info could you have actually got ?
Estimates of how long it would take. There are cheap shiners everywhere. There are also some surprisingly expensive ones. In my opinion the expensive ones tend to either be ones have plenty of work and been going years or new starters with Ionics systems and new/nearly new vans.

« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2017, 05:31:16 pm »

Excellent post.
Agree,

What useful info could you have actually got ? some bigshot in the south telling you they would have charged 4 times as much
and some cash squeezed shiner in the north saying you wouldn't get half of it.
If your happy with your days earnings then you have charged enough if not then ask for tips on how to get better prices, you
could have been genuine enough but the majority of price sharers on here only do it to brag.
Well that was my point dry clean and  as you point out, why it was a mistake, I've refrained from mentioning anything to do with money or earnings ever since.

nathankaye

« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2017, 07:01:25 pm »
My objection to ones asking for pricing help is the fact that theres so many variables to take into account and as the above threads have shown, these ones are asking on a forum that covers people from the top of england all the way to lands end.

The best thing these ones can do is stick to their guns and the price they are happy with. Normally by time the job is done you know if it was right or not and if not, thats a little bit of experience to tuck under your belt for the next time and so on n so on.
Im sure thats how the vast majority of us who have been going for some years have learnt what we have. Lol I hate to say it but back in the day mobile phones were bricks and no chance of internet forums to check if its right or not.  Sometimes this type of advancement can make some lazy and want the short cut to gain the knowledge and experience of shiners who have been doing this and adapting over the many years.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk