Dry Clean

Re: £400
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2017, 10:24:49 am »
there doing much more here all the guys we ever talk to do 500 aday start at 10 finshed at 2pm  !

the only thing i can thing of i where we are going wrong is we need to bin the new vans replace with rusty old rubbish and buy alloy poles like there still useng

Its a window cleaning thing Susan, I was talking to a guy a few weeks back who is now working for a delivery company, ok money but nothing special, he was still bragging about the money he was making when he was a shiner.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2017, 10:57:09 am »
A daily turnover of £200+ in the south-east is readily achievable.  However, I prefer to pace myself as my back and elbows keep letting me know when I've overdone it. I don't see the point of hitting £270 - £300 a day then needing a few days off or having to work at half pace for a week while my back sorts itself out.  So I go for daily targets that my body can sustain without too much duress.

nathankaye

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2017, 11:14:24 am »
Dry clean......give it a rest trying to dismantle what im saying.   For alot of shiners they wouldnt dream of charging a tenner per house never mind 50 quid or more. On so many forums when pricing is discussed you get such a contrast between each shiner. But you always get the ones who say they feel ones who charge a tenner or more are robbing people!!  So on that basis or thinking then NO there will never hit 300 a day never mind 400.

Then you get the ones who are full of bull who tell you they earn x amount and as susan say they use rubbish equipment and the trad uses dont even have decent pouches or uniform and taking them at face value you certainly wouldnt trust them.

Tony mentioned "brothers" being window cleaners and they are probably window cleaners to make enough money to get by n live and spend more time in their religion pioneering.
So peoples aim n purposes in life can and will influence how much they want/can earn oer day. Then that might determine which areas they target to work in, to maximise this. Ie, working council estates for a full day certainly wont make the maximum profit for your work.

More babble, doesn't matter what your goals are in life the question is can a sole trader earn £400 a day, there will be some
who will be able to get that ( according to evidence not many ) and there will be others who no matter how hard they work and how confident and driven they are to succeed wont, there's no need to babble on and on about peoples mind sets to explain this.

Dont think u n me will agree on anything really. But hey ho, bet neither of us care  ;D

But mind set has alot to do with it. If you want to make the money you go where the money is. You dont stay within say a 10 mile radius of where you live. You put in the effort and think out side the box in order to do so. I believe on other threads ones have mentioned about looking at the house market, seeing which houses are for sale/bought n the value of such and will target these. Others travel some distance to make their money.  But if your drive isnt to make money then these extra efforts are a waste of time.
So can people earn more than 300 and close to 400 as a one man band. Im sure they can with effort and yes depending where they live and work. Does everybody want to earn between 300 n 400 might be the better question.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2017, 11:47:20 am »
Dry clean......give it a rest trying to dismantle what im saying.   For alot of shiners they wouldnt dream of charging a tenner per house never mind 50 quid or more. On so many forums when pricing is discussed you get such a contrast between each shiner. But you always get the ones who say they feel ones who charge a tenner or more are robbing people!!  So on that basis or thinking then NO there will never hit 300 a day never mind 400.

Then you get the ones who are full of bull who tell you they earn x amount and as susan say they use rubbish equipment and the trad uses dont even have decent pouches or uniform and taking them at face value you certainly wouldnt trust them.

Tony mentioned "brothers" being window cleaners and they are probably window cleaners to make enough money to get by n live and spend more time in their religion pioneering.
So peoples aim n purposes in life can and will influence how much they want/can earn oer day. Then that might determine which areas they target to work in, to maximise this. Ie, working council estates for a full day certainly wont make the maximum profit for your work.

More babble, doesn't matter what your goals are in life the question is can a sole trader earn £400 a day, there will be some
who will be able to get that ( according to evidence not many ) and there will be others who no matter how hard they work and how confident and driven they are to succeed wont, there's no need to babble on and on about peoples mind sets to explain this.

Dont think u n me will agree on anything really. But hey ho, bet neither of us care  ;D

But mind set has alot to do with it. If you want to make the money you go where the money is. You dont stay within say a 10 mile radius of where you live. You put in the effort and think out side the box in order to do so. I believe on other threads ones have mentioned about looking at the house market, seeing which houses are for sale/bought n the value of such and will target these. Others travel some distance to make their money.  But if your drive isnt to make money then these extra efforts are a waste of time.
So can people earn more than 300 and close to 400 as a one man band. Im sure they can with effort and yes depending where they live and work. Does everybody want to earn between 300 n 400 might be the better question.

Could they not earn £500 or do you have some sort of  formula that rounds it of to £300 and close to £400 ?
Plus if we all travel to NWH's area do you not think it may get crowed with not enough work to go around ?
Then for a lot by the time they drive to NWH's area and back there wont be any time left to clean any windows.
Maybe you think there are these little pockets of riches dotted about nationwide and not enough shiners who are motivated enough to drive 20 miles up the road and find them.
Now come on Nathan its time to give the old head a wobble and drop this nonsense.

dazmond

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2017, 01:10:59 pm »

the truth is most of you southerners will be WORSE OFF than us northerners even if you hit £300-£400 a day due to crazy house prices and the general ridiculously high prices of everything.

my middle brother lives in surrey and his house cost £370,000!! :o ....and its an end terraced house and that was a few years ago!it ll probably cost more now!my brother says its £10 for a burger down there and £8 for a pint of lager/beer! ::)roll

he was also paying £1800 a month rent for years and years when he lived in wimbledon(mines £308 a month).so over the course of a year he was paying nearly £18,000 more than me!!over 5 years thats nearly £90,000!!!SERIOUS MONEY! ::)roll.

the best way to carve out a comfortable living in window cleaning as a sole trader is to focus your work in very affluent areas with good prices and live in the cheaper areas 15-20 min drive away with much lower living costs. ;) :)
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2017, 01:31:15 pm »

the truth is most of you southerners will be WORSE OFF than us northerners even if you hit £300-£400 a day due to crazy house prices and the general ridiculously high prices of everything.

my middle brother lives in surrey and his house cost £370,000!! :o ....and its an end terraced house and that was a few years ago!it ll probably cost more now!my brother says its £10 for a burger down there and £8 for a pint of lager/beer! ::)roll

he was also paying £1800 a month rent for years and years when he lived in wimbledon(mines £308 a month).so over the course of a year he was paying nearly £18,000 more than me!!over 5 years thats nearly £90,000!!!SERIOUS MONEY! ::)roll.

the best way to carve out a comfortable living in window cleaning as a sole trader is to focus your work in very affluent areas with good prices and live in the cheaper areas 15-20 min drive away with much lower living costs. ;) :)
House prices and rent certainly yes, everything else not really (perhaps service industry as well like window cleaning, gardening etc)
Tesco's etc same price wherever you are
Petrol about the same again
If i order something off the internet it's the same price wherever you live.
Ive just bought a brand new van it cost the same here in Essex as it would of done living in the deepest North.
Beer is not £8 a pint down here (perhaps in central london in some snobby bar) around £3.50 in my local pubs.
£10 for a burger perhaps in a large burger chain restaurant (byon etc) in general no its not that amount.
The best thing to do is have a house at crazy prices here then sell it and retire up north  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2017, 01:54:02 pm »
25k is an average maybe but let’s look at how many WCs still take a lot of cash and don’t declare it,if you are cleaning a lot of small properties the chances are a lot of them will be paid in cash. 25k a year at 20% tax so you end up with 1600 a month supposedly out of that,that’s fair enough then so at the end of the month I’ll have just about enough for a couple of meals out and a tank of petrol,seems to me like it’s doable yeah well it would be if I lived in a tin hut and had no need for money.

Depends where you live and what your partner earns as well.

If you and a partner take home 1600 each and your household bills (except food and fuel) come in at a grand you've still got a couple of k between you left which is fairly comfy imo.

Slacky

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2017, 05:06:46 pm »
my brother says its £10 for a burger down there and £8 for a pint of lager/beer! ::)roll

Methinks your brother tells porkies.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2017, 05:32:58 pm »
Definate porky Slacky 😆

Marc Stock

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2017, 08:10:37 pm »

I have to agree here. Prices here in Surrey are a complete and utter rip off.

Its a nice area and all, but no nicer than anywhere else.

Slacky

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2017, 10:07:55 pm »

I have to agree here. Prices here in Surrey are a complete and utter rip off.

Its a nice area and all, but no nicer than anywhere else.

'Nice'ness isn't what influences the prices, its convenience and being you're on the edge of the M25 its more convenient than anywhere else. Milk it.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2017, 03:33:00 pm »
Our guys average just under £150 per day working 7am to 5pm daily. I can't imagine how you could do the work involved in earning £400.

Vin

Lee Pryor

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2017, 04:13:42 pm »
Our guys average just under £150 per day working 7am to 5pm daily. I can't imagine how you could do the work involved in earning £400.

Vin

Lol 😉
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

W.booler

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2017, 06:01:37 pm »
Convenient living next to the m25? I've been on it at different times and on different days! It's a bloody nightmare. It crawls at best. No wonder they don't talk to each other down there, they're in constant state of travel stress. They do seem to find their tongues though on a keyboard. It must be an eye contact thing 😎

Frankybadboy

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2017, 06:54:10 pm »
think you lot all need to pull your fingers out
average day in the west country 11=2pm and fridays off £600 and nothing less

paul alan

« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2017, 07:28:01 pm »

how on earth do you earn £200 per hour?

not saying you cant btw just curious as to what kind of work earns that?

Dry Clean

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2017, 07:33:47 pm »

He's joking, same with Vin as his guys get £30 for a medium semi so could reach the £400 a day mark.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2017, 08:06:40 pm »

and dont leave the house  ;D

NWH

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »
Rent a nothing special house down this way for between 12-1400 a month without council tax,up north that would buy you one 😂,it’s a bubble in parts down here you have to know certain areas and house prices to believe it. On the other scale of things there are people renting in places that I work for 5k a month so 40-50 notes for Windows doesn’t raise any eyebrows they still think your poor.

windowswashed

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2017, 09:01:32 pm »
I do several small hamlets and you can't buy a house for less than 500k minimal in any of them. Rarely have any of them got cash, nearly all pay bank transfers which I prefer as it's straight in the bank