Splash & dash

Re: digital temperature reading on hydroheat
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:18 pm »
It’s not done to heat the water in the tank it wouldn’t be possible in a 600 ltr tank over the course  of a day to make any difference,I do it to get the water temp up traveling between jobs.

Here’s quite a few users on here do it this way, and they say by the afternoon the water is sometimes so hot they turn the burner off.

Plus it means you have a higher starting temperature of the water. So it has to increase your output temperature.
Quite correct water I. The tank is that hot by lunch time you wouldn’t want to try and put your hand in it for long ,,,,

Splash & dash

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2017, 06:09:14 pm »
If had shelled out £4-5k on a heated system I would expect at the very least piping hot water.
With the option of being able to turn the heat down.

Tris

It is piping hot but if you have 100 meters of hose on a icy path , road etc it will cool it down reasonably quickly , but that doesn’t really matter as you don’t want- need 70+ degrees on the glass in freezing conditions

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 06:13:04 pm »
If had shelled out £4-5k on a heated system I would expect at the very least piping hot water.

Tris

my heater is on full power and the water is warm but not hot with 90-100m of hose out at this time of year.i expect it to be hot in the spring/summer months though(50c-60c).

oliver told me to expect 20-30c on a cold day in winter and 50-60c in the spring/summer depending on how much hose is off the reel.
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 06:29:56 pm »

Tris

You can turn the heat down! Probably worth doing your research.

No matter what you cant control the drop in temp when hose it fully out in freezing weather. It's science and cannot be altered.

The water is scolding hot from the coiled hose.  And even hotter in the afternoon when the tank warms.  You would not want to use water at boiling point  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

NWH

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 06:38:54 pm »
Daz your water should get hotter than that m8 30 degrees,I reckon your batts ain’t charging much

Slacky

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 06:42:18 pm »
Grippa tank came down from Cambridge today to fit the temperature sensor.

Works like a brand new baby now, and it is piping hot.

Slacky

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 06:44:13 pm »
Daz your water should get hotter than that m8 30 degrees,I reckon your batts ain’t charging much

When the new sensor was fitted we checked the temp of the water in the header tank to see at what point the thermostat kicked in .  It was anywhere around the 80°C - 85°C mark.

NWH

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 06:50:03 pm »
Yeah if your header tank is getting to that temp your water temp may drop drop to 30 degrees but you would have to be running water to the pole at maximum flow and even then it would or should get hotter than that. Try it when the batts are fully charged I bet the water gets hotter.

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 08:07:20 pm »

my batteries were showing a  full charge this morning nigel.the heater was on for 6 hours continuously today(without going into shut down mode) and the coiled up temperature was 42c(less with 90m of hose out)ambient air temperature was 10c.i measured this after 30 mins for lunch (with the return to tank connected up).

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 08:18:00 pm »
you dont think grippa have installed  a 5kw heater in my van and charged me for a 9kw heater do you? ;D ;D

the webasto warranty says its a thermo pro 90? ;D

NWH

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2017, 08:36:38 pm »
The 9 kw heater is the one used for 2 man although I have spoken to those that know about them and they’ve said the 5kw is a better heater,mine is a series 300 thermo top C mine will run on a much lower voltage I had a choice when buying it but went for the lower voltage one as I was having charging issues at the time a couple of months ago. The lowest it seems to go is around the 40 degree mark but on a cold morning at even that temp it will look like the brush is on fire.

Jonny 87

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2017, 11:13:16 pm »
you dont think grippa have installed  a 5kw heater in my van and charged me for a 9kw heater do you? ;D ;D

Daz........ I’d really check that out. It seems like it’s not hot enough. Especially compared to other users.

If you’ve said a single operator system could they have thought you meant the 5kw? Surely not.

At 10 degrees ambient temperature, it’s really not that cold. You should be getting more than 45 degrees at the brush head from a totally coiled hose. Once you’ve put that hose on the ground your gonna lose about 10-15 degrees, so 30 degrees at the brush head is only Luke warm. I was getting that from my 2kw immersion tank.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2017, 11:35:44 pm »

Daz........ I’d really check that out. It seems like it’s not hot enough. Especially compared to other users.

If you’ve said a single operator system could they have thought you meant the 5kw? Surely not.

At 10 degrees ambient temperature, it’s really not that cold. You should be getting more than 45 degrees at the brush head from a totally coiled hose. Once you’ve put that hose on the ground your gonna lose about 10-15 degrees, so 30 degrees at the brush head is only Luke warm. I was getting that from my 2kw immersion tank.

its defo a 9kw heater jonny ive got the webasto warranty to prove it (thermo pro 90) and i discussed this with oliver before i ordered it.

it was oliver who told me the temperature at the brush head would be 20-30c in the winter months and 50-60c in the summertime.up to now thats bang on what im getting.

robert mitchell

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2017, 01:07:06 am »

its defo a 9kw heater jonny ive got the webasto warranty to prove it (thermo pro 90) and i discussed this with oliver before i ordered it.

it was oliver who told me the temperature at the brush head would be 20-30c in the winter months and 50-60c in the summertime.up to now thats bang on what im getting.

Im sorry daz but getting 42c at the coiled hose seems far too low to me , i have a 9kw purefreedom (same thermo 90 inside) and when on return to tank with hose coiled , it gets so hot you cant hold it .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2017, 08:52:05 am »
i remember nigel having a problem with his not getting the water hot enough.what did you do to tweak it mate?

ill test it again today.(i havent got another controller fitted constantly returning water to the tank.)maybe its because i only have one heat exchanger?

the temperature dial is defo on full.

do you guys use 100m standard microbore or the thermobore?personally i dont think the hot hose would make much of a difference and the extra weight would make it self defeating.

NWH

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2017, 11:21:08 am »
The flexi pipe that adjust the temp I blocked it off so no cold can circulate back through it has a flat screw it’ll invalidate your warranty if you do it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2017, 11:36:21 am »

Yes but I bet you didn't get a free toaster with your 2kw immersion. lol.

Jonny 87

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2017, 04:53:17 pm »

Yes but I bet you didn't get a free toaster with your 2kw immersion. lol.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher