UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Xmas gift for customers???

(1/1)

RO-Sheen:
As some of you know I am a newbie to window cleaning jumping and wfp-ing but was wondering if you guys buy your customers cards or gifts or nothing at all at x-mas?
I was planning on getting some cards printed up wishing them a happy xmas and NY and thanking them for their continued support over the year.

As well as this being an ass-kissing exercise I was thinking that this may also encourage them top give me a x-mas bonus!!!!

I was on a course at BWCA this week and a guy told me that he gives pens with with his business name and number but he was paying £2.50 each for them!!!
Very expensive!!! I know you can get them cheaper than that!

Has anyone tried getting calenders printed uop with your name and photos, and where/how much??

Ta in advance

steve k:
Vistaprint for advertising stuff.
I do not give out anything at Xmas...don`t overcomplicate is my opinion...we clean their windows!
Wish them a happy Christmas, do a good job and be on your way...if they tip you, great but I wouldn`t take it personal if they don`t!

By the way, it is only March ;D ;D

stephen d:
we give out cards,hand written for the personnel touch which helps with tips-the in thing for promo stuff seems to be the key rings with a bit of metal the size of a pound coin(use for shopping trolleys& gym lockers etc)this has your phone no on one side logo on the other and cost less than a quid each

windows_chepstow:
I'd like some 'window cleaning' subject Christmas cards, if anyone here can supply them.

'Santa squeegying a window' or something.

AuRavelling79:
Funny old world isn't it?

Domestic customers offer window cleaners Xmas tips (like the postie and milkman) and Commercial customers usually receive Xmas tips from suppliers.

Decades ago I asked my dad (who was a commercial buyer for a zinc smelting company at the time) when does a gift became a bribe and he said his rule of thumb was that to accept a bottle of wine, a box of chocs or at most a bottle of whisky was a normal business pleasantry but that to accept a carton/case of any of them would be a bribe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version