UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

domestic houses with an extension pole?

(1/2) > >>

joseph mc caffrey:
   at the recent windex show the guy who ownes unger gave a demo of how you can clean upstairs with an ordinary pole with vice versa or swivel loc. he mentioned wfp is not the only way to clean upstairs and that for many years in america this is the way they have been cleaning. this is the first forum i have joined  [hello gaz,brett i met you at windex] and would appreciate any input on this matter. it seems like it's a huge step for me to move over to wfp  and was wondering if extension poles could be an alternative. what concerns me is can a pole do a good job despite a sill? any practicle advice?

brett walker:
Hi Joseph

Glad you to see you have joined the forum, we met 2 or 3 at windex and told them about this site  8)

Personally i wouldnt recommend cleaning the upstairs windows with an ordinary pole as i dont think you will get 100% job and will be time consuming getting it right but thats only my view, there maybe someone on here that does it that way and has good results.
Wait to see what repiles you get mate

Wfp is a big step but well worth it when youve taken it you could start out with a backpack, freedom trolley or matts diy site to make your own trolley. 

Everything you need to know is on this site, however little your question is dont be afraid to ask

regards

Brett

brett walker:
joseph take a look here

www.d.co.uk

Brett

beefy:
hi joseph. i do a lot of houses with big bays, if the slates are damp & on some where ive been asked not to go on the roof i use an ordinary unger pole i still need to use the ladder
it takes much much longer to do a decent job. doing tops from the ground would i reackon make the job not worth it.
i fancy a backpack just to start & see how things go

Paul Coleman:

--- Quote from: joseph mc caffrey on March 20, 2006, 09:33:00 pm ---   at the recent windex show the guy who ownes unger gave a demo of how you can clean upstairs with an ordinary pole with vice versa or swivel loc. he mentioned wfp is not the only way to clean upstairs and that for many years in america this is the way they have been cleaning. this is the first forum i have joined  [hello gaz,brett i met you at windex] and would appreciate any input on this matter. it seems like it's a huge step for me to move over to wfp  and was wondering if extension poles could be an alternative. what concerns me is can a pole do a good job despite a sill? any practicle advice?

--- End quote ---

Hi Joseph.
I have used such a pole for the odd upstairs window that would be unsafe to reach by ladder.  In all honesty, I wouldn't fancy doing it that way on all upstairs windows.  It's OK for the odd window here and there and the customer is usually pleased because they are getting some kind of clean on a window that probably hasn't been cleaned before.
I have found that the quality can suffer a bit.  It may be necessary to fold a scrim onto the end cone and detail the top edge after cleaning.  Also, on a hot day, you may find that the liquid starts to dry before you can squeegee it off fully unless you get a move on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version