nathankaye

Re: Who’s got a leak free fitting for their hose reel ?
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 12:05:53 pm »

Less than 24hrs later - Gardiners, just awesome 👏

Have to report back on the fan jets
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 12:10:40 pm »
Will do , il give them a try this weekend 👍
I switched to fan jets a couple of years ago and never looked back. Might take a bit to get used to these brushes though, they look massive!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »
if you buy a decent hose reel with solid brass/metal  fittings you ll never have leaks from the hose reel even with 60c water......i use a fixed cox reel with a rectus 26 fitting.....

shrek them brass elbows ALWAYS end up leaking after a while.....
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 01:03:24 pm »
if you buy a decent hose reel with solid brass/metal  fittings you ll never have leaks from the hose reel even with 60c water......i use a fixed cox reel with a rectus 26 fitting.....

Il give it a good wrap of ptfe tape and using the jubilee clips on the hose it’s gotta be more water tight than the hoselock fittings. It is a decent solid reel from pure freedom

https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/pure-freedom-professional-hose-reel/#hose-colour

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 01:33:34 pm »
We use brass tap connectors on two of the reels with plastic Hozelok pipe connectors. The only time we start to get a drip is when the o ring needs replacing. A thin smear of Vasilene seems good enough to use as lubrication.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 03:08:28 pm »
Will do , il give them a try this weekend 👍
I switched to fan jets a couple of years ago and never looked back. Might take a bit to get used to these brushes though, they look massive!

If you did trad its like going from your trusty 14inch squeegee to the 18.  Yet once you get used to it covering more glass in one pass, you rarely go back
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slash

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 04:33:24 pm »
I found the pro 26 brass fittings  from Gardiners leaked so went back to hoselock type.
Like someone said ealier it's best to buy a Cox reel or something similar.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 07:50:53 pm »

My brass elbows haven't leaked yet in over a year.

But any moving part will wear eventually.

alank

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 08:42:20 pm »
Started using the bigger brushes a couple of months ago and once I got used to them I love it the four fan jets make a huge difference when rinsing on much faster. I did find that to get the best out of them they really need to be on a swivel goose neck then they really come into their own on those awkward windows and wide bays ;D

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 08:54:38 pm »
Started using the bigger brushes a couple of months ago and once I got used to them I love it the four fan jets make a huge difference when rinsing on much faster. I did find that to get the best out of them they really need to be on a swivel goose neck then they really come into their own on those awkward windows and wide bays ;D

Wrong thread lol - but I know what your saying  ;D
Iv got some huge windows to clean and it’s just always felt like I’m using a toothbrush to clean them. I usually clean my house in 15 minutes, with the 35 cm brush it was 12 minutes 50 seconds!!
Did the insides too so I could inspect and results are as good as they usually are  :)

alank

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 09:05:06 pm »
  ;D ;D