dazmond

do you text ALL your customers the night before?
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:23:38 am »
new video posted by darren at greenpro cleaning on youtube saying he texts ALL his customers the night before regardless of whether there is access issues or not....

thoughts guys?do you do the same?
price higher/work harder!

Spotfree

Re: do you text ALL your customers the night before?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:07 am »
Just the ones that need it, some people never go anywhere and are always home with cash in hand. Some people prefer not to be bothered by it.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 08:36:08 am »
No not all , I’ve just had a bit of a clear out too . A few customers that needed to be in and it wasn’t convenient 3 times in the last 8 months.... dumped. Feel much better now  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 08:51:59 am »
None.

They get a next clean date at the time of the clean - we stick to that date and the customers are trained well enough to leave gates unlocked.

also - to be fair out here very few people have locked gates or no access and those that do have given us a key or the code

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

High-Tower

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 09:43:51 am »
Yeah, nearly everyone has a lock or a bolt on the gate at least. And I’d rather people cancelled by text the night before than when i am already there working, or just deciding they didn’t want it done and they don’t want to pay.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:49:36 am »
My segments within my round (saves arguements on what people call a round)
are seperated into wk 1, wk2, wk 3 and wk 4 within a month. So my customers roughly know whennim due ie, the first wk in a month (so not day specific).
However ones who request a text or ones who need a text due to access issues will receive one and charged accordingly if they fail to open the gate, after ive done my part in letting them know
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Cookie

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:28 am »
I only text when there are access issues or when the customer specifically requests it.

The problem with texting is that it can make your day really inflexible. Customers want to know what time you're coming, they can't do certain times etc... etc... I prefer just to turn up & get on - which I do with 90% of my customers.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 10:58:59 am »
No we will not take on work were there is access issues , don’t want to be spending my evenings txt customers

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 11:06:40 am »
Probably about 50%....mainly ones with a locked gate but a few where I just got into the habit that don't really need one.

I dont like it really, it limits what you can do in a day.

The amount of times I've done for the day and wanted to do some of tomorrows for example but cant because they need a text...it is frustrating. Also if you don't get there for any reason you have to text them again. It leaves you in a situation where you can either text too many or not enough.

But I would say half of my round needs a text due to locked gates so what can you do.

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 11:12:44 am »
I think it's a good idea to text the night before. So that they can go out and forget to unlock the gate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 11:56:50 am »
Reluctantly we only text the ones with access issues the night before. We use Textmarketer incorporated into templates within Aworka to schedule them. Before that I had to manually enter each customer’s number into my phone. The only plus was it came out of my phone text allowance instead of having to pay Textmarketer.

Had stopped taking on texters but it was really slowing growth so this seemed a good compromise.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 12:02:09 pm »
No we will not take on work were there is access issues , don’t want to be spending my evenings txt customers

Is it that hard. Save the text and then just tag ur customers in. It doesnt really take much effort
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

cleaniac

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »
I put a next clean date on the bill, with a locked gate & payment policy. If they forget..tough..full payment is still due and it works they only forget once.  But of course...i am CRAZY for doing this and saving myself time an hassle asking people the night before effectively if its OK for me to clean their windows (giving them control)

No need to text, just turn up as detailed on the schedule. bang. I have one particular customer who always forgets, i think in the last 4 years he has only remembered to open his gate like 6 times, i just clean what i can and he pays me in full. Sometimes he remembers to open the gate, he doesn't care really as long as i come to do them when i say i will.

dave0123

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 02:27:53 pm »
I text around 20 customers some with access issues, but some i have been on a trial process to see how it works out. I dont think i would want to text every customer the night before but a little amount is useful for cash flow i find.
Dave.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 03:18:42 pm »
I put a next clean date on the bill, with a locked gate & payment policy. If they forget..tough..full payment is still due and it works they only forget once.  But of course...i am CRAZY for doing this and saving myself time an hassle asking people the night before effectively if its OK for me to clean their windows (giving them control)

No need to text, just turn up as detailed on the schedule. bang. I have one particular customer who always forgets, i think in the last 4 years he has only remembered to open his gate like 6 times, i just clean what i can and he pays me in full. Sometimes he remembers to open the gate, he doesn't care really as long as i come to do them when i say i will.

each to their own but next clean date on "windows cleaned today" slips is not for me.....its TOO inflexible.....i do stick to a fairly rigid schedule but it can vary a day here and there from month to month depending on other work due or if ive had the odd day off,finished earlier than usual,etc,also holidays have to taken into account too.....

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 03:28:45 pm »
i would say 20% of my work i text the night before these days(some for access) but i also "courtesy text" some bigger stand alone jobs just so im not making a wasted trip if their having building work done etc.....also i think the richer customers appreciate it more......

i do have a lot of "turn up and clean" jobs though esp on the compact estate work,it makes work that bit more flexible day to day....

ive heard of window cleaners ringing the doorbell when they get to domestic jobs too before they start but ive never done this myself in 26 years of window cleaning! ;D

Simon Trapani

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 04:03:03 pm »

I don't think we're knocking you Marc. Each to their own. I think Smudger does the same?
For me personally it wouldn't work as it's not flexible. I need to move jobs around for holidays, illness, weather etc etc.

You're right about the control though. Some see it as they're being given a choice. I now do a three strikes thing. Sometime it's only a one strike though if I'm really irritated.

In general I do think you're a bit crazy though - no offence! ;D

Cookie

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 04:38:50 pm »
each to their own but next clean date on "windows cleaned today" slips is not for me.....its TOO inflexible.....i do stick to a fairly rigid schedule but it can vary a day here and there from month to month depending on other work due or if ive had the odd day off,finished earlier than usual,etc,also holidays have to taken into account too.....

Where I leave a ticket (when the customer is not in) I put the estimated next clean date - which leaves things flexible. My wording is My next clean will be on or soon after <date>. I find this works quite well.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 04:46:15 pm »
i did my first flounce of the year yesterday(malc would of been proud!)just picked up a new monthly job then moved onto my next job (down the same street)she comes out and says leave the back as husbands tools are there(i could easily still clean the windows)...i just said......"i can be f***ing arsed anymore!" and got back in my van...... ;D

not very professional but glad to get rid TBH......a few times ive had the "not this time" off her and its a 2 monthly job! ::)roll...its not worth cleaning.....

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 04:50:49 pm »
i would say 20% of my work i text the night before these days(some for access) but i also "courtesy text" some bigger stand alone jobs just so im not making a wasted trip if their having building work done etc.....also i think the richer customers appreciate it more......

i do have a lot of "turn up and clean" jobs though esp on the compact estate work,it makes work that bit more flexible day to day....

ive heard of window cleaners ringing the doorbell when they get to domestic jobs too before they start but ive never done this myself in 26 years of window cleaning! ;D

I used to knock the door everytime.

I dont anymore though,  thats a good thing about texting no need to let them know you are there.