Re: My wfp on a budget
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2006, 11:37:24 pm »
Please dont take this wrong guys. I bet that by the time some of you have finished  (if you ever do) you could easilly have bought an "off the shelf" bit of kit.

I do understand where you are all coming from. I never.. ever actually finish tinkering with my glider that I fly. Always some bright idea popping into my mind that just might keep me in the air a few seconds longer, make it fly a little faster without height loss.. and so it goes on. and on.. and on. :)

I know that I could have bought a new glider with much better performance than mine for less than I have spent on mine over time but thats not the point. The point is.. that it IS mine.  I know you will all undestand :)

Andrew

matt

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2006, 11:41:42 pm »
Please dont take this wrong guys. I bet that by the time some of you have finished  (if you ever do) you could easilly have bought an "off the shelf" bit of kit.

I do understand where you are all coming from. I never.. ever actually finish tinkering with my glider that I fly. Always some bright idea popping into my mind that just might keep me in the air a few seconds longer, make it fly a little faster without height loss.. and so it goes on. and on.. and on. :)

I know that I could have bought a new glider with much better performance than mine for less than I have spent on mine over time but thats not the point. The point is.. that it IS mine.  I know you will all undestand :)

Andrew

mine has now cost me 400 quid, for the complete system with THREE brush heads

simbo

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2006, 07:57:17 am »
gaz i can see that you have used battery, but looking at trolly looks like ther is enough room within the frame to house power pack as that area i plan to have covered with a door fitted on the front so nobody will see it, also saving a few pounds, the only thing you will see is the pump which i will mount same place as yours then have front cage made ,should look pretty good.
cheers simb0

H h20

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2006, 09:33:10 am »
Simbo,when you say you are putting a cage on the trolley will it be permanatly fixed to it? only how will you fold the foot plate? or won`t you need to?
I fold the foot plate so it can be folded when in the van,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2006, 07:27:12 pm »
Gaz,
I have a sack truck- a great RO system in place- 2 water butts full of 00tds water, 10 x 25 litre containers.
NOW...to make a trolley, I need a pump and a battery...what do you recommend??

Do they not need to be housed in a waterproof box??

I have seen powerpacks which seem very expensive to me.

You mention a golf cart motor.

I have a 75psi Flojet pump running my van mount but I hear recommendations to get a 100psi pump for a trolley ???

On my van mount, I have a simple hoselock valve at end of hosereel where pole hose fits and I use this to turn on/off water supply with no problems with the pump.

I intend using a transfer pump to pump the water into my van tank and I also need to fill up containers for a days work...probably 5 containers would do in conjunction with my van mount.

Do you simply tap the water into your containers?
Or do you have a transfer pump to do the job quickly?

cheers ;)

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:10 pm »
Hi Steve

You dont NEED a 100 PSI on a trolley. We fit the Shurflo 100PSI because its specifically designed for WFP use. Low flow rate at high pressure so it cuts down on wastage and will work any height pole. Also the fact that you can use the trolley to power a tank if you want or need to.

I will always recommend the Varistream for flow control and pump protection. We could leave it off the freedom trolley and either make it a bit cheaper or make a few more quid but I found it to be so good at what it does that I felt it essential to get the best out of the trolley. Some will disagree but the general wisdom is that its well worth the investment.

I use a transfer pump because its so quick. Having said that if you are only filling up a few containers then a tap should do just fine. I guess that one is all about how quick you want to get finished and have a beer :)

Cheers

Andrew

matt

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2006, 07:59:05 pm »
Steve

what pump to buy for your trolley

i was only thinking when reading your "day in the life" instead of you moving the van 20 meters, you could do with a Trolley

anyways, back to it

http://d.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=166

its a smaller pump and doesnt eat battery power like the others, Jeff swears by it, and what he doesnt know, aint worth knowing

Ive also used 1 for 12 months solid now, and its a cracker

matt

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2006, 08:01:21 pm »
that same thread has a pic of a pump box made ;)

steve k

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2006, 08:06:37 pm »
on next weeks instalment ;D...you will see a job I do where a trolley would be ideal.

I am in a position of luxury really at the moment, in that I have the van and it is great...but I can now take a little time with no real urgency to try and put together a working trolley system...a combination of the 2 would be great. ;)

simbo

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2006, 09:16:09 pm »
gaz nevr thought of losing the folding action, but prob stll go ahead at a later date. the reason for caging in the tank is just to take sight away from the fact it is a sack truck and nothing else, once the truck comes i will see how the power pack or bat fits in between the rear frame and have that plated over aad powder coated, that is the plan anyway, wil get the thing working first
cheers simb0

H h20

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2006, 09:43:05 pm »
Steve,what i do is i have the pump and battery fixed on the trolley the pump isn`t covered no need but i do have the golf battery in a plastic box but i`m having a nice metal one made and fitted properly, then when i need to run the van tank i just leave the trolley in and connect it to the tank and if i need to use the trolley i just pull it out the van stick on a container and im off no need for 2 pumps or 2 batterys,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2006, 06:00:17 am »
so when fitting to the van tank, you take the hose from the barrel and fit to van tank outlet hose...how do you do this...hozelock??
Then on the other side of trolley at end of short length of hose where you attach pole (coming from pump),,,do you attach this via hoselock, to your van hosereel?

OR...do you have hozelock connectors on the pump inlet and outlet and attach your tank hose outlet to inlet side of pump and your hosereel to the outlet side of pump?

The trolley is used as a mobile pumping station then..??

How do you switch the trolley pump on? where and how do you fit the switch?

The battery in my van is a deep cycle leisure battery and very heavy...
do people really carry these on their trolley??

Does a golf trolley battery last long and is it powerful enough to do the job of supplying electricity to the pump?

;D ;D ;D Thanks

H h20

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 11:32:54 am »
Steve heres a couple of pics,the trolley stands in the van,with a length of hose from the tank i have a hozelock type connector that pushes on the inlet side of the pump then theres a length of hose that goes from the outlet side of the pump again with a hozelock type of connection then to my hosereel then from hose reel it connects to my pole,the battery is housed in the orange plastic box(for now), it`s a 28amp hr and it lasts all day,when i need to use the trolley i disconnect it from the van tank and hosereel,i have got an on/off waterproof switch fixed to the trolley connected between the battery and pump, then if you look at my earlier posted pics you can see how the trolley is set up,Gaz

steve k

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2006, 05:10:38 pm »
Thanks very much!! ;D ;)

jeff evans

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2006, 07:23:29 pm »
GAZ

WHAT SIZE TANK IS THAT IN YOUR VAN ?
WHERE DID YOU GET IT ,AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST.

CHEERS JEFF.

YOU SEEM TO BE THE MAN WHO FINDS ALL THE BARGINS

H h20

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2006, 07:28:59 pm »
GAZ

WHAT SIZE TANK IS THAT IN YOUR VAN ?
WHERE DID YOU GET IT ,AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST.

CHEERS JEFF.

YOU SEEM TO BE THE MAN WHO FINDS ALL THE BARGINS
LOL  ;D,Hi Jeff,ye i am a bargain hunter,i love the challenge,
the tank is approx 100 litre and it`s an atv sprayer,it comes with a 60 psi shurflo pump(i have sold),i bought it a couple of months ago in the winter sale for £105
but if you go on to ebay and tipe in sprayer they are on there similar price,Gaz

jeff evans

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2006, 08:14:03 pm »
CHEERS GAZ
KEEP HUNTING THEM BARGINS DOWN ;) ;)

pur

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2006, 11:47:54 pm »
Here's a website which will give you some tank sizes

http://www.sprytech.uk.com/acatalog/SPOT_SPRAYERS.html
Dydd da pawb.