Re: Portable machines
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 09:43:57 pm »
Hi Clinton

Did you fit the auto pump out to your Advance machine?

Adrian

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 10:02:56 pm »
Clinton. IMO the auto pump is worth its weight in gold!! On big jobs it saves loads of time not having to go back to the machine because it's shut it's self down. Who know's, you may even be home by midday.

andrew christopher

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:01 pm »
Hey Clinton its a lot more tidy than mine! :P

and you have a proper spotter box im jealous.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 10:19:13 pm »
Hi adrian

No didnt have one fitted,well as yet as i just empty with a hose that i made from an old hose i had either into a bucket or into the clients waste drain.

Kev loomes gave me that idea as he used that with his van set up :)

cheers

I use an old hose for flushing machine waste tank at home, could not be bothered to unload it ;D Done a couple of small jobs with the Airflex triple on board using 25ltr containers, now bending my thoughts to a decent van mount, with a prowler uppermost in my thoughts for late next year. Always left my Alltec twin outside but have to say these triple vacs with 2" hose really are a treat 8)

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 10:32:01 pm »
 ;D ;D And a hose reel etc etc etc. My view is when the time comes I should be able to just slide a TM in, job done. Where did you get your tank from?

andrew christopher

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:39 pm »
Andrew ;D

Well i always keep my stuff tidy lol prob that ocd thing ;D

Got the spotter box from joe for a good price and was as new ;D

Must say got the idea from lord dave ingram with the storage on the rear doors ;D

Wonder if anyone has more untidy lookin van than mine, i didnt think it was too bad!

Your set up looks good beats lifting the machine out, drove me nuts i used to carry 25ltr tubs for water and they got heavy at end of day.

I want a proper spotter case for christmas as the asda basket is a bit passe this year  ;D

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 12:39:49 am »
With the porty in the van do you have to leave the van open whilst working? And I assume you run an extension lead from the house to the van?

Pristine Clean

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 07:09:00 am »
Clinton,

Very nice setup indeed.

After looking more closely at your steup Clinton. I notice you have two extension leads on the rear doors.

I was on a job the other day and I had to use my extensionlead. Now I was working away, then the machine cut out. "I thought the machine had died" also thought thats a bit embarrasing. But it was my extension lead that got hot and burnt out.

And yes the lead was fully unwound. So I wondered if you are using some special rated extension leads?

Simon,

I was interested in the turbo machine you have, if I am right that is from Cleansmart. Do you rate them, would you buy it again? What PSI do you have?

I am not that technical when it comes to the specifications of all machines but the portable keep trying to match the power of a TM, So as far as I am aware portable the modern ones are matching on psi now,Still I only thought you needed such high psi for hard surface clesaning not for carpets, but what about the actual suction... what is different there between the portable and TM (modern ones - uptodate).

Cheers

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Joe H

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2009, 08:37:17 am »
Probably best if the extension leads were 16amp and not the standard 13 amp.
and yes, you are right to fully extend them when in use.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 09:59:53 am »
Hi Joe,

16amp would then be a different connector would it not. It wont be your standard 3 pin domestic socket will it?

Ive had a look on line and telephone a couple of companys but the say it wont be a domestic 3 pin socket.

Any ideas?

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Joe H

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:35 am »
Buy the cable, put your own plug/socket on it.
I have seen the cable in some of the bigger DIY places.
Its more heavy duty, think you loose something over longer cable, and of course its more durable.

Dennis

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 10:22:09 am »
I do as Joe says,  get the equivalent of the 3rd one down on the linked page (20 amps) in yellow and put a rubber plug one end and rubber socket the other.
Being yellow it's also more noticeable on the floor and you can get the length which suits you best.

http://www.csedistributors.com/acatalog/Arctic-Cable-3183.html#a1320

Pristine Clean

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 10:33:20 am »
Dennis,

Thanks very much indeed.

Cheers

Dave

Pristine Clean

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 04:06:05 pm »
Hi Clinton

Where did you get your extension reels from? Only way forward for me at present is to make my own extension leads

Dave

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2009, 04:39:23 pm »
One or two points brought up in this thread.

I make up my own extensions using 2.5mm cable (high visibility yellow). I carry a pair of 30ft for most uses and a pair of 80ft for longer runs. Always uncoil extensions fully.  The heavier duty the cables, the longer the run with minimal losses. I think these cables are rated above 20 amps and I bought a 100metre roll from B&Q for a little over £80.

When running my Scorpion van mount, I run the hoses and cable under the door which will allow it to almost completely close in rain conditions. I can also use a cycle lock to tie the two doors together, or if security isn't a major concern, use a linkstrap or bungee. To minimise the heat/moisture build up in the van, I would only close the door if essential. Working like this for over a year hasn't presented any problems to date.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken

Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Pristine Clean

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2009, 04:47:04 pm »
Hi Ken,

Excuse my ignorence here but what is that plastic clear water jug thing connecting the suction hose?

Is it some kind of secret weapon?

Dave

Joe H

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2009, 04:54:24 pm »
Dave
Its an inline filter. Easy to catch big bits and bin them before they get to the machine.

Ken - re the filter. Have you noticed any detriment in going from 2" to 1.5" and back again, as opposed to a straight 2" hose all the way.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2009, 04:57:57 pm »
So it catch's the dirt etc. So Does it save your machine in anyway..

So far just more stuff to clean at the end of the day.

Dave

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2009, 05:30:17 pm »
Dave

The auxilliary tanks, as with T/M tanks, can be a bit of a pain to clean all the fluff out, so the inline filter catches virtually all the fibrous material. OK, the 30 seconds or so it takes to empty the filter is a pain, but much better than the alternative. There are other superior filters on the market but this works fine for me. I now just clean my aux. tank out once a week. It doesn't "save the machine" in anyway.

Joe

I only use 2" hose, straight to the wand, with just a 3ft whip for hand tools. The filter takes 2" cuffs both ends.
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!