Fraser Thom

New website
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:05 am »
My new website, designed and SEO'd by truckmount forums in the U.S. is now up and running. 

Have a look and give me your feedback.

http://www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk

heritagecleaning

Re: New website
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 10:51:06 am »
I like it. The look and feel, choice of colours, logo are all nice.

The front page is a bit 'text busy' for my liking - I would have kept it more short and punchy.

Some of the text boxes are a bit empty e.g. the contact us one.

I would be inclined not to use a mobile number as my main contact number.

Just my views, for what they're worth :)

richy27

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:03 pm »
i think its a really good site i would also agree about the need for a landline number.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:02:53 pm »
Very smart and professional looking, well done.

Nothing wrong in trading with a mobile number, I know plenty of successful people who do  :)

mark shannon

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 02:09:57 pm »
like it was it expensive?

clinton

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »
Fraser

Must say i like it and the nice feel of  the front page.

Maybe you have reasons why you dont want your home number..

Good luck with it  :)

Fraser Thom

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:48:26 pm »
No Clinton I think you guys are right about the home phone number.  It's something I've been thinking about myself and agree that it's a good thing to have it on the site.

It will be taken care soon!

Fraser

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 08:39:23 pm »
Fraser,

What equipment do you use?

:)

Fraser Thom

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 08:42:35 pm »
Mark you asked if it was expensive.  I personally think it was a bargain, what with the support from Tre and the team and the amount of work that has gone into it.

here's the link:

http://www.truckmountforums.com/forums/general-carpet-cleaning-discussion/5417-start-booking-jobs-now-have-our-team-build-your-next-cleaning-website.html

I opted for the Gold package

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »
How much is that then in English money Fraser?

Fraser Thom

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 09:51:18 pm »
Hi Joe, in English money (or sterling as we like to call it north of the border >:() it works out at todays rate at about £1,700

elliott cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 10:06:33 pm »
Nice site.   Only thing that grated with me was that Tre has slipped up on your "100% satis. guarantee".   He started off in the plural (we) & then switches to the singular half way through.

Trust that your business is the one who guarantees the satisfaction

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 10:07:14 pm »
It's a good looking site Fraser, but that's a lot of money, especially as all the sites they show on their advert are the same template.

But as long as your happy that's all that matters.

Steve

Fraser Thom

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 10:33:08 pm »
Steve

I think you will probably find that most web designers will use only a few different templates when mass producing websites.  To get one custom built would surely cost a lot more.

Anyway, the way I look at it is, does a customer looking at the site really care if I have the same template as  a n other carpet cleaning company out there?

Fraser

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:18 pm »
You're quite right Fraser and in any case all the other sites are based in the US anyway.

My two sites combined cost about a third of your one - but like I said as long as you're pleased with it.

Still think its a good site though.

Steve

Fraser Thom

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 10:43:20 pm »
thanks Steve.  Kev Loomes was originally going to be doing mine too but stopped doing sites just as I was about to go ahead so it ended up costing me a damn site more!

Still, Im over the moon with it and the work that has gone into the SEO side of things has been really good.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:45:30 pm »
If your site brings in as much work as mine have been lately, then it will pay for itself in no time - good luck.

Steve

Fraser Thom

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:48:59 pm »
Heritage cleaning wrote:

Some of the text boxes are a bit empty e.g. the contact us one.

Your comments were taken on board and have been rectified already!

http://www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk/contact-us/

ross12345

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 03:32:38 pm »
shame about the old van pmsl

Fraser Thom

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 05:17:14 pm »
Ross 12345 wrote

shame about the old van pmsl

Thanks for your intelligent input!

concept

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 05:45:09 pm »
fraser, do you have a car salesman brother?! random question...but there we go!

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 06:17:26 pm »
Anyone noticed the pattern?

Carpet Cleaner starts doing websites for other CCs at relatively cheap prices.

Gets quite good at it.

Lots of people beat their door down.

Carpet Cleaner stops doing websites.  ;D

clinton

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 06:35:09 pm »
Mike

Who,s going to be next ;D

vacman

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 06:37:54 pm »
I gotta say it...do place names no longer require the use of capital letters?  ???

Fraser Thom

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 07:13:49 pm »
vacman wrote

I gotta say it...do place names no longer require the use of capital letters?   

not sure what you mean

Fraser Thom

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 07:16:20 pm »
Mike Osbourne wrote

Anyone noticed the pattern?

Carpet Cleaner starts doing websites for other CCs at relatively cheap prices.

Gets quite good at it.

Lots of people beat their door down.

Carpet Cleaner stops doing websites. 

I cant understand it.  If demand is so high and they can't handle it, why don't they double their prices?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 07:34:52 pm »
Its a good site but I wouldn't have paid that amount of money for it

I've seen good sites which are optimised and at top of google done for £300 they are not as good as yours but are very close. and in the end will yours bring in more work then a £300 site?

this is not criticism just my opinion, if you are happy with your purchase then that's what counts

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2009, 07:37:06 pm »
Because we're all tight, awkward buggers. At least I am anyway.  ;D

After a few I guess the novelty wears off after the 5th spelling mistake change.

mark shannon

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 07:46:20 pm »

Frasers got a good site for a fraction of what many flush down the toilet on YP.

MARK

Fraser Thom

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 07:50:37 pm »
mark shannon wrote

Frasers got a good site for a fraction of what many flush down the toilet on YP.

MARK

Mark, I think you've hit the nail on the head. 

Some will say that the amount I paid is too much and I can appreciate that but, at the end of the day, ANY amount sunk into a website that looks the part and performs well on the search engines is a far better investment than YP etc.

Fraser

Robert Watson

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 07:52:13 pm »
 ;D I thought thats was what you were getting at Mike.
Doing an optimized site for £300 is like cleaning a suite for £30. F that.
Better pickings elsewhere.

Mark, couldn't have put it better.
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 08:01:13 pm »

MARK

that argument is flawed , I once wasted £2500 on a Y?Ps advert, does this mean I can spend any amount of money on anything because I once wasted £2500 in Y/Ps? Just because people have wasted money on other things doesn't justify overspending on something else.

but the proof of the pudding is in the future, in a years time when its made Fraser £20k he can laugh at all us doubters ;)

how long has it been live? how is it doing on google?

Fraser Thom

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2009, 08:03:45 pm »
Mike Halliday wrote

but the proof of the pudding is in the future, in a years time when its made Fraser £20k he can laugh at all us doubters

how long has it been live? how is it doing on google?

It's been live for 30 days or so and is performing well so far on Google.  To be honest, I didn't want this to turn into a "is your website worth all the money you spent on it" thread.   I only posted this up to let people browse the site and give their feedback. 

Overall, the feedback has been good so Im happy.

Fraser

Mike Halliday

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2009, 08:05:00 pm »
Fraser just googled 'carpet cleaning edinburgh' its number 3 :) :)

Robert Watson

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2009, 08:32:40 pm »
Yeah Mike, But it`s under Fraser's original domain name which was doing well before the site change.
It`s not like it`s just got front page position in 30 days.
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

vacman

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 08:43:02 pm »
vacman wrote

I gotta say it...do place names no longer require the use of capital letters?   

not sure what you mean

What I mean is that place names should always begin with capital letters (e.g. 'Edinburgh'), only on your website this is not always the case.

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 09:14:48 pm »
I take it the sites not finnished ??? well the FAQ arent hope you havent paid for it all yet!!!

and oh its the bottom of page one, was it not ment to go up not down the page??? ???
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 09:26:04 pm »
My missus, who done my site say at first glance it looks professional , but it needs more work done on the content. Your site has been done using wordpress and the template for your site cost are : Single-Use Package: - $79.95 and a Multiple-Use Package - $149.95. She could have done it for a lot less than you paid, including the on site SEO for your area.

Fraser Thom

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 09:37:42 pm »
tihson wrote

My missus, who done my site say at first glance it looks professional , but it needs more work done on the content. Your site has been done using wordpress and the template for your site cost are : Single-Use Package: - $79.95 and a Multiple-Use Package - $149.95. She could have done it for a lot less than you paid, including the on site SEO for your area.

Maybe your "Missus" should get a website set up and advertise her services to us carpet cleaners and save us all a few bob!

Bob Robertson

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 09:51:00 pm »
Maybe your "Missus" should get a website set up and advertise her services to us carpet cleaners and save us all a few bob!

Fraser

Your right she should, Ive been saying it to her for ages. She loves doing web sites and SEO. She has already done a few for people she knows.

garyfindlay

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 09:56:09 pm »
Bob,

I`m looking to update my site. Could I call you to discuss?

Bob Robertson

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 10:10:13 pm »
Gary

Give me a call tomorrow for a chat.

Bob

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 10:15:23 pm »
I like it, I agree about mobile tho try www.adcall.co.uk for a free call que number, also thought about adding twitter to your page, and feed.

Andy

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 10:17:59 pm »
I gotta say it...do place names no longer require the use of capital letters?  ???

oops, that message was for you *

Doug Holloway

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2009, 08:02:40 am »
Hi Guys

My comments.

Looks good overall, not sure I like the changing pics but thats a personal thing.

It's obviously not finished yet, only 3 pics , faqs missing, link not working.

Needs a  more content on some pages.

I would expect quite a lot of SEO for that money, should be top or near top for carpet cleaning edinburgh and carpet cleaners edinburgh.

As for why people don't do sites is I believe they start off cheaply, lots of CC's want them and they quickly become swamped.

CC's expect high rankings, this is easy enough in smallish areas with the right name, will often go straight in at top BUT larger areas with a non search friendly web name, will take a great deal of SEO.

I have always concentrated on getting the highest rankings  and also on keeping things simple, remember our customers are not as interested in CC as we are ;)

Cheers

Doug

clinton

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 08:04:25 am »
Like mike said there are many of us wanting a website done out there.

Am sure they woul be snowed under with requests ???

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2009, 11:27:22 am »
I thought  RABBY was doing sites???? if theres so many out there wanting sites done why they not going to him ???
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Tre Allen

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 02:52:15 pm »
Hi guys, thought I would jump in this conversation.

1) For his SEO, his site is only 30 days old.  He was no where near the front page for targeted keywords before I redesigned his site. Here is some stats to look at:

2) Fraser has been getting great results from his website and schedules a couple a week!

3) Yes, a website is NEVER complete! ( I constantly add content to my parents Cleaning & Restoration site: http://www.drynclean.com ) I am helping Fraser constantly add content every month! It is blog based software and Search Engines love to index blogs! He can now add in his own videos, pictures, testimonials, surveys and much more with ease, and I provide video tutorials and 24/7 support to help him out. Our team is also helping him rank high as possible, you guys are stating that he is not ranking well but that is false information, below are a ton of great results with #1 rank and #1 page! His backend statistics is what counts, we have a onsite and offsite statistics that you can check to see your results 24/7. Some of you talk a lot about you know SEO so well, but where is your stats to back it up? I can get your phone ringing off the hook hands down! Ask anyone that has used my services. It dont matter how old your url is, I can get you good results asap.

We have already knocked off Chemdry & Drimasters UK off the chart with our SEO, what about YOU guys!?

-Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh:

Bing(MSN)- 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all

Google 1st page-Rank #3 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
Yahoo  1st page-Rank 7 - http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

-Carpet Cleaning Fife

Bing(MSN) - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+fife&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

Google - 1st page-Rank #3 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+fife&btnG=Search&meta=

Yahoo - 1st page-Rank #2 - http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG745DwUhKMAoAsWlLBQx.?p=carpet+cleaning+fife&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=sb-top&rd=r1&sao=1

-Carpet Cleaning East Lothian

Google - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+east+lothian&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Bing(MSN) - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+east+lothian&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all 

-Carpet Cleaning Lothians

Google - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+lothians&btnG=Search&meta=

Yahoo - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG75G8wUhKLXEBBT9LBQx.?p=carpet+cleaning+lothians&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=sb-top&rd=r1&sao=1

Bing(MSN) - 1st page-Rank #2 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+lothians&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

I can go on and on! As time goes by, his site will improve in other keyword as well!

Other sites I have done in the past are:

http://www.carpetamerica.net
http://www.tncarpetcleaning.com
http://www.pcsnorthal.com
http://www.drynclean.com
http://www.my58caddy.com

And many more. I see a lot of people state "Wordpress", its easy and anyone can do it. Still have not seen anyone create a high quality cleaning/restoration site out of Wordpress yet, please show me one! Wordpress is used by the NY Times, Sony, Ebay and many others. I can create sites in any format, html/php/wordpress, anyone can create a site, but if your new only a couple years into building sites, then that is like renting a Rug Doctor to clean your carpets. Hire a professional.

Tre Allen

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 03:12:33 pm »
Another note: the keyword phrase 'carpet cleaning edinburgh' is searched by over 1,000+ people per month from all 3 search engines. 720 alone just in Google!

So yes, his SEO is rocking it!

SEO is just not all about ONSITE SEO but MAINLY OFFSITE SEO Is the most important thing you can do ever to your site and for your business!

That all includes, link building, social bookmarking, article submissions, directory submissions, ping networks, blog commenting, getting your keyword phrases hyperlinked on higher PR sites, analyzing your competition and much more is involved than you think. If SEO was just so easy like some of these guys are saying, then everyone would be doing it. SEO is a ongoing process, if your competition comes up ranking better than you are, then your gonna have to work even harder to beat them.

suffolkclean

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 04:07:33 pm »
Rabby - are still working on websites?

Barbara

Robert Watson

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2009, 04:41:01 pm »
At the right price Barbara  ;) The CC is very busy just now, so time is my enemy.

As Tre says its a lot of work to do a good job.
It will be interesting to see if Fraser can knock me of top position which I`v held for about three years.
Competition is great, it keeps you on your toes. I need to do more work on my own site now it looks like I have some real competition.
Rab.
Ps Fraser and I get on really well, it wouldn't be a problem, apart from a bruised ego   ;D
The Kitchen Door Centre

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2009, 05:41:32 pm »
Hi guys, thought I would jump in this conversation.

1) For his SEO, his site is only 30 days old.  He was no where near the front page for targeted keywords before I redesigned his site. Here is some stats to look at:

2) Fraser has been getting great results from his website and schedules a couple a week!

3) Yes, a website is NEVER complete! ( I constantly add content to my parents Cleaning & Restoration site: http://www.drynclean.com ) I am helping Fraser constantly add content every month! It is blog based software and Search Engines love to index blogs! He can now add in his own videos, pictures, testimonials, surveys and much more with ease, and I provide video tutorials and 24/7 support to help him out. Our team is also helping him rank high as possible, you guys are stating that he is not ranking well but that is false information, below are a ton of great results with #1 rank and #1 page! His backend statistics is what counts, we have a onsite and offsite statistics that you can check to see your results 24/7. Some of you talk a lot about you know SEO so well, but where is your stats to back it up? I can get your phone ringing off the hook hands down! Ask anyone that has used my services. It dont matter how old your url is, I can get you good results asap.

We have already knocked off Chemdry & Drimasters UK off the chart with our SEO, what about YOU guys!?

Bing(MSN)- 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all

Google 1st page-Rank #3 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
Yahoo  1st page-Rank 7 - http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

-Carpet Cleaning Fife

Bing(MSN) - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+fife&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

Google - 1st page-Rank #3 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+fife&btnG=Search&meta=

Yahoo - 1st page-Rank #2 - http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG745DwUhKMAoAsWlLBQx.?p=carpet+cleaning+fife&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=sb-top&rd=r1&sao=1

Google - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+east+lothian&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Bing(MSN) - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+east+lothian&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all 

Google - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=carpet+cleaning+lothians&btnG=Search&meta=

Yahoo - 1st page-Rank #1 - http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG75G8wUhKLXEBBT9LBQx.?p=carpet+cleaning+lothians&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-501&fr2=sb-top&rd=r1&sao=1

Bing(MSN) - 1st page-Rank #2 - http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+lothians&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

I can go on and on! As time goes by, his site will improve in other keyword as well!

Other sites I have done in the past are:

http://www.carpetamerica.net
http://www.tncarpetcleaning.com
http://www.pcsnorthal.com
http://www.drynclean.com
http://www.my58caddy.com

And many more. I see a lot of people state "Wordpress", its easy and anyone can do it. Still have not seen anyone create a high quality cleaning/restoration site out of Wordpress yet, please show me one! Wordpress is used by the NY Times, Sony, Ebay and many others. I can create sites in any format, html/php/wordpress, anyone can create a site, but if your new only a couple years into building sites, then that is like renting a Rug Doctor to clean your carpets. Hire a professional.

Goof stuff, you will agree Google likes fresh content?

Also having links helps, but must have same key words, like we are a cleaning business and have linked up with friends who are window, oven, carpet cleaners and both exchanged links, BUT the best link as we are having traffic to the site all the time is http://twitter.com   check mine http://twitter.com/applemaid

clinton

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2009, 05:53:38 pm »
Young guns against the old guard ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2009, 05:55:31 pm »
Hello Tre,

where did you get your statistics for carpet cleaning searches when you stated that over 1000 people searched for carpet cleaning in edinburgh?

like to look at mine for sheffield

Shaun

Tre Allen

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 06:22:45 pm »
Applemaicarpetcleaning: yes, Google and other search engines LOVES FRESH CONTENT! That is why I enjoy designing sites with the software we use. Exchanging links sucks, not enough link juice. 1 Way links are better.

Also, on RefreshCarpetcleaning.Co.Uk , everytime he creates a post or edit pages, it notifies Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and 100+ social networks within our exclusive ping networks which gives you more traffic!

-
Shaun_Ashmore, we have exclusive tools we use for checking results in ALL search engines, but for YOU, you can use Googles free keyword tool, just checked in Google alone 'carpet cleaning sheffield' gets searched by 320+ people per month.

Something to think about, even if your ranked high doesnt mean someone is going to call you. What if your website looks really outdated, 1990ish, think they will call you or think you might be out of business or believe that your company doesnt  care about quality.

ps: its not 'carpet cleaning in edinburgh' its - 'carpet cleaning edinburgh' keyword phrase that gets searched the most.

We have a complete team of graphic artists that work for a few TV stations to create the best looking graphics for a site possible.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2009, 06:33:10 pm »
Hi Guys

Tre, how come the site ranks poorly for carpet cleaners edinburgh, this is the next most popular search term and I'm surprised it's on p3 ?.

Cheers

Doug

Tre Allen

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 06:38:43 pm »
Hi Guys

Tre, how come the site ranks poorly for carpet cleaners edinburgh, this is the next most popular search term and I'm surprised it's on p3 ?.

Cheers

Doug

Doug, that gets searched LESS than half of what 'carpet CLEANING edinburgh' gets searched for. Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh keyword phrase is much better to target than carpet cleaners edinburgh.

Although you cannot optimize every single keyword phrase instantly, for that keyword phrase 'carpet cleaners edinburgh' he went from page 98,000 to page 3 within 30 days, that is very good results within such a short period of time!  Whoever thinks that is poor results needs to check all the stats correctly :)

As time goes on and blogging some more, he will be high ranked for many other keyword phrases along with the many results of #1 he is already at because of our marketing campaign for organic seo.

Its all about internet marketing :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 10:58:54 pm »
Hi Guys

Tre are you sure you are not making some of this up , page 98,000 sounds a little unlikely.

Still it's all about results so will be inetersting to see where it is in another month.

Cheers

Doug

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2009, 11:08:57 pm »
Thanks Tre, with the size of the my area and edinburgh which are simular I think the internet needs to get in more homes, people in my area are behind in their ways or still using YP's which I still do okay from.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 11:19:05 pm »
carpet cleaners cheshire
carpet cleaning cheshire
cheshire carpet cleaning
cheshire carpet cleaners

add the following towns to all the above search results
middlewich
frodsham
weaverham
northwich
winsford
tarporley
knutsford
+ a few others

all on page one of google
took 14 days to get there
£400
chris boswell
who's the daddy!!!!

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 11:39:25 pm »
Applemaicarpetcleaning: yes, Google and other search engines LOVES FRESH CONTENT! That is why I enjoy designing sites with the software we use. Exchanging links sucks, not enough link juice. 1 Way links are better.

Also, on RefreshCarpetcleaning.Co.Uk , everytime he creates a post or edit pages, it notifies Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and 100+ social networks within our exclusive ping networks which gives you more traffic!

-
Shaun_Ashmore, we have exclusive tools we use for checking results in ALL search engines, but for YOU, you can use Googles free keyword tool, just checked in Google alone 'carpet cleaning sheffield' gets searched by 320+ people per month.

Something to think about, even if your ranked high doesnt mean someone is going to call you. What if your website looks really outdated, 1990ish, think they will call you or think you might be out of business or believe that your company doesnt  care about quality.

ps: its not 'carpet cleaning in edinburgh' its - 'carpet cleaning edinburgh' keyword phrase that gets searched the most.

We have a complete team of graphic artists that work for a few TV stations to create the best looking graphics for a site possible.

What do you think of my site, please dont say 1990's lol  ;D
I have used few links and gave my content as best as i could, and my tags etc.

vacman

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 11:43:44 pm »

-

Is this a serious request for feedback? If so, how will you take it if negative comments are suggested?

Tre Allen

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 12:45:57 am »
Applemaid, if they are working for you then awesome :)    - I like the Window cleaning sites homepage.

Aside from that, I was only giving my opinions in the previous post, was not critiquing/analyzing anyone's site.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 12:53:24 am »

-

Is this a serious request for feedback? If so, how will you take it if negative comments are suggested?

Go ahead, if you was a potential client it would matter.. :-[

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 12:55:22 am »
Applemaid, if they are working for you then awesome :)    - I like the Window cleaning sites homepage.

Aside from that, I was only giving my opinions in the previous post, was not critiquing/analyzing anyone's site.

No probs, just want to know others peeps feed back, i cant go to my clients lol

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 01:03:38 am »
Looks classy and supplying one of those teeth whitening kits as part of the package is a nice touch. We I so behind over here.  ;D

vacman

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 01:09:36 am »
Hi Applemaid...well, the site looks nice and friendly, but like a lot of websites, its the content which could do with an overhaul.

Your wording is very rushed, very hurried (some full-stops and commas would be useful) and comes across to me as 'waffling', to some extent. I don't dislike it, but when i read it it all comes gabbling out at 95mph.

In addition, the words 'that' and 'they' are used excessively, and there are several punctuation errors. It strikes me that the person typing the words knows what they are saying and that it's crystal clear to them, but is that the case for those who are reading it? Like I said, the effort in websites only ever seems to be geared towards the presentation and the pictures (which in your case is superb in my opinion), but not the content.

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 01:11:58 am »
Hi Applemaid...well, the site looks nice and friendly, but like a lot of websites, its the content which could do with an overhaul.

Your wording is very rushed, very hurried (some full-stops and commas would be useful) and comes across to me as 'waffling', to some extent. I don't dislike it, but when i read it it all comes gabbling out at 95mph.

lol ok i will look at that and slow down 50  ;D

Thanks

vacman

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 01:30:56 am »
Applemaid, I've just been reading your site in more detail...who actually wrote the content for you?

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2009, 10:16:22 am »
one of my employees they had more time than i did.  ::)

vacman

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2009, 08:06:55 pm »
Hmm....the English, the spelling, and the correct use of words (eg 'weather' or 'whether') really needs attention  :'(

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2009, 11:57:34 pm »
There seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to websites, domain names, and search engine optimisiation and the google results of same.   I would say that the following are important to your google results.

Domain name needs to be specific to your operating area ( Targeting )
Information displayed on your site needs to be relevant to your domain name i.e. "carpet cleaning anywhere.com"
>.com's are better than .co.uk's - usually!!
At the end of the day, it all depends how many potential customers are actually looking to have cleaning done.
Researching the interest in people actually searching for carpet cleaning, I would say that the search figures are dismal at best.  So don't pin all of your hopes on a decent website answering all your marketing needs.  At the end of the day, if nobody is searching for carpetcleaningwhereever.com, you will not get any business from it.
I am not saying it is a waste of time, it should, IMO be looked upon as a another part of your marketing strategy.

I have stated here before that my carpet cleaning days are coming to an end because of age and that I was concentrating more on Internet Marketing for future income.  I am still learning, there is a lot to learn, but I have learned, or seem to have the knack  of getting good google positioning for my domain names.

For example, Restorative Cleaning Services is one of my companies, yet unless someone is familiar with that name, nobody will hit my site.   So, what I did was to buy the domain names ...paving cleaners.com and www.blockpavingcleaners.com which were more descriptive of what the company actually did.  I then set up a one page website which re-directed potential customers to my main website .  If interested
, you can check out www.pavingcleaners.com  and www.blockpavingcleaners.com to see how it works.

Incidentally, I have just released 3 commercial websites onto the web and had excellent results on google searches.  I built these sites and optimised them and within days, they are all on google's first page for that search term, 2 at #1 1 at #3.  One of thes sites has a search total of 114,000,000 , www.fatlosspreviews.com ..  the others are www.twittertuition.com and www.nichesitesnavigator.com  .  But the point is, although they rank highly, they still need a lot more work for potential customers to hit them.  They are not the finished article yet. 
In a nutshell, the key to online success is the amount of traffic you can attract to your site.  You can have the best site in the world, but if nobody knows about it, it is useless.

Hope I have not bored you and hope some of this helps with understanding the internet a little better.

www.spic-n-span.co.uk
Cleaning is our Game - Excellence is our Aim !!!

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 12:11:05 am »
 :o Great stuff

http://twitter.com/applemaid i have had a few franchise sales via twitter.

But the best links are cleaning websites  ;)

Tre Allen

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 01:34:59 am »
There seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to websites, domain names, and search engine optimisiation and the google results of same.   I would say that the following are important to your google results.

Domain name needs to be specific to your operating area ( Targeting )
Information displayed on your site needs to be relevant to your domain name i.e. "carpet cleaning anywhere.com"
>.com's are better than .co.uk's - usually!!
At the end of the day, it all depends how many potential customers are actually looking to have cleaning done.
Researching the interest in people actually searching for carpet cleaning, I would say that the search figures are dismal at best.  So don't pin all of your hopes on a decent website answering all your marketing needs.  At the end of the day, if nobody is searching for carpetcleaningwhereever.com, you will not get any business from it.
I am not saying it is a waste of time, it should, IMO be looked upon as a another part of your marketing strategy.

I have stated here before that my carpet cleaning days are coming to an end because of age and that I was concentrating more on Internet Marketing for future income.  I am still learning, there is a lot to learn, but I have learned, or seem to have the knack  of getting good google positioning for my domain names.

For example, Restorative Cleaning Services is one of my companies, yet unless someone is familiar with that name, nobody will hit my site.   So, what I did was to buy the domain names ...paving cleaners.com and www.blockpavingcleaners.com which were more descriptive of what the company actually did.  I then set up a one page website which re-directed potential customers to my main website .  If interested
, you can check out www.pavingcleaners.com  and www.blockpavingcleaners.com to see how it works.

Incidentally, I have just released 3 commercial websites onto the web and had excellent results on google searches.  I built these sites and optimised them and within days, they are all on google's first page for that search term, 2 at #1 1 at #3.  One of thes sites has a search total of 114,000,000 , www.fatlosspreviews.com ..  the others are www.twittertuition.com and www.nichesitesnavigator.com  .  But the point is, although they rank highly, they still need a lot more work for potential customers to hit them.  They are not the finished article yet. 
In a nutshell, the key to online success is the amount of traffic you can attract to your site.  You can have the best site in the world, but if nobody knows about it, it is useless.

Hope I have not bored you and hope some of this helps with understanding the internet a little better.

I have to disagree with making the domain names specific to your area *unless* your building more than 1 site. His main site refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk  can be put on print material and look professional because that is his company name. Anyway you look at it, he is #1 for many keyword phrases without even having the city/state/code/country in the domain name. It can help, but if you have competition competing against your site, you can lose in a heart beat if the SEO is done right for that phrase. Some keywords you can rank within weeks, some keywords can take months depending on how much competition you have for that 1 keyword phrase.

Who said .com's are better than .co.uk's? That is a myth! It doesnt matter if its .info, .net or etc. Any domain name can be ranked hands down.

Another note, I took a look at your websites. I am in daze because on one of your paver sites you have Google Advertisements, which offers supplies/cleaning tools and other cleaning companies on the website. This is conflict of interest, if a customer visits your site, sees a appealing advertisement, clicks on it, then you just lost a customer. Who is building these sites for you?

PS: You can follow me on Twitter as well: https://twitter.com/TruckMountForum   :)

PPS: I am not a fan of Info-commercial websites.  :o

Doug Holloway

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2009, 08:03:09 am »
Hi Guys

Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers.

I am developing a network of CC websites and generic sites , backing them so that the area is covered from different angles.

Having the search term in the url will make a difference and doesn't have to restrict you, I have many area names but trade through 1st 4 Carpet Cleaning.

Many sites which rank highly and quickly, do so because the url is specific and there is not much competition, lots on here have benefitted by buying carpetcleaninganywhere.

However areas like London, Essex, etc are much more difficult to get good rankings because of the competition, so don't be taken in by companies which offer 1st page google, this will often be for terms which are hardly searched.

It is interesting how CC's who have designed websites do it for a few months and then come to the conclusion , it's a lot of work for the money, mind you at Tre's prices it would be worthwhile!

Cheers

Doug

Tre Allen

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2009, 10:49:49 am »
Hi Guys

Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers.

I am developing a network of CC websites and generic sites , backing them so that the area is covered from different angles.

Having the search term in the url will make a difference and doesn't have to restrict you, I have many area names but trade through 1st 4 Carpet Cleaning.

Many sites which rank highly and quickly, do so because the url is specific and there is not much competition, lots on here have benefitted by buying carpetcleaninganywhere.

However areas like London, Essex, etc are much more difficult to get good rankings because of the competition, so don't be taken in by companies which offer 1st page google, this will often be for terms which are hardly searched.

It is interesting how CC's who have designed websites do it for a few months and then come to the conclusion , it's a lot of work for the money, mind you at Tre's prices it would be worthwhile!

Cheers

Doug

Good info Doug!

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2009, 12:02:04 pm »
Tre,
You say that you disagree with many of my ideas/opinions,  that's fair enough, we all have our own opinions or beliefs.  What I was trying to get over, was what I have learned from my own personal experience. 
You say you disagree with making domain names specific to an area, yet the title of Fraser's site holds 3 area names specific to his location. 
Fraser's site looks very good and functional for it's intended purpose,  to inform people who reach the site how professional his company is.  But would anyone in his area search for Refresh Carpet Cleaning on google - No, because they have probably never heard of them.   What most people would probably search on would be specific to the area - carpet cleaners edinburgh - edinburgh carpet cleaners.  I still maintain that domain names must be specific to area or relevant to the website content. 
Looking at the source code of Fraser's site tells me that all keywords, limited as they are are all related to specific areas - carpet cleaning edinbugh, carpet cleaning fife, carpet cleaning east west and mid Lothian,cleaning services uk,cleaners in united kingdom.
Yet you say it is unimportant.
Point 2, .com's are better compared to others  is a myth.  I'm afraid it is not a myth.  If you want to buy a domain name from a domain supplier, all of the one's I have dealt with definately say .com is best, especially for worldwide use.   But, of course, you can have success with others.
I'm sorry you were dazed by seeing google adwords adverts on the Restorative Cleaning Services site.  This is something which I am testing out at the moment as extra viable passive income from the site.  Anyone who clicks on an advert, see's the advert, then they are brought back to my site automatically, when they are finished with the advert site.
It can indeed be a conflict of interests in some cases but not in all. 

Your last question - Who is building the sites?  Me, mostly.  I have a program that helps me to build my own.  In some cases I can use templates which I can modify - mostly the Info - commercial sites as you call them.  The cleaning sites are all developed by me.

P.S. I very much agree that it can sometimes take weeks or months to get sites ranked on page 1 of a search term.   I find this is usually the case.  Take www.pavingcleaners.com and www.blockpavingcleaners.com ,  it took at least 6 weeks to get them on page 1.   But the info sites have been much quicker to rank highly, the 3 mentioned in my first post all within a few days.   

Regards,
Jim

Doug,
As usual you speak with knowledge and understanding of the subject having done a great deal of site building using specific location terms with much success.

Regards,
Jim
www.spic-n-span.co.uk

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:37 pm »
Just a point about domains, and I can be certain on this because I have tested it.

If you are a CC working a local market, getting a .com will reduce your ranking compared to a .co.uk

You can do even better by having a UK based hosting service.

Tre Allen

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 04:50:38 pm »
Tre,
You say that you disagree with many of my ideas/opinions,  that's fair enough, we all have our own opinions or beliefs.  What I was trying to get over, was what I have learned from my own personal experience. 
You say you disagree with making domain names specific to an area, yet the title of Fraser's site holds 3 area names specific to his location. 
Fraser's site looks very good and functional for it's intended purpose,  to inform people who reach the site how professional his company is.  But would anyone in his area search for Refresh Carpet Cleaning on google - No, because they have probably never heard of them.   What most people would probably search on would be specific to the area - carpet cleaners edinburgh - edinburgh carpet cleaners.  I still maintain that domain names must be specific to area or relevant to the website content. 
Looking at the source code of Fraser's site tells me that all keywords, limited as they are are all related to specific areas - carpet cleaning edinbugh, carpet cleaning fife, carpet cleaning east west and mid Lothian,cleaning services uk,cleaners in united kingdom.
Yet you say it is unimportant.
Point 2, .com's are better compared to others  is a myth.  I'm afraid it is not a myth.  If you want to buy a domain name from a domain supplier, all of the one's I have dealt with definately say .com is best, especially for worldwide use.   But, of course, you can have success with others.
I'm sorry you were dazed by seeing google adwords adverts on the Restorative Cleaning Services site.  This is something which I am testing out at the moment as extra viable passive income from the site.  Anyone who clicks on an advert, see's the advert, then they are brought back to my site automatically, when they are finished with the advert site.
It can indeed be a conflict of interests in some cases but not in all. 

Your last question - Who is building the sites?  Me, mostly.  I have a program that helps me to build my own.  In some cases I can use templates which I can modify - mostly the Info - commercial sites as you call them.  The cleaning sites are all developed by me.

P.S. I very much agree that it can sometimes take weeks or months to get sites ranked on page 1 of a search term.   I find this is usually the case.  Take www.pavingcleaners.com and www.blockpavingcleaners.com ,  it took at least 6 weeks to get them on page 1.   But the info sites have been much quicker to rank highly, the 3 mentioned in my first post all within a few days.   

Regards,
Jim

Doug,
As usual you speak with knowledge and understanding of the subject having done a great deal of site building using specific location terms with much success.

Regards,
Jim

^^TAKE IN ACCOUNT HIS WEBSITE IS ONLY 30 DAYS OLD!^^

Okay, I will be as nice as I can on this one.

0) I have attached some pictures to prove that his site is doing EXTREMELY well, has ALL the search engines crawling his site for "Everything" (1,500+ hits) and then 184 hits from people searching for carpet cleaning from the engines and many directories. By end of the year, Fraser will be getting so many jobs he wont even know what to do with.

1) You need to re-check the stats of how many keyword phrases he is already ranked #1 for on the 1st page in the previous post a page or so back.

2) Your main site should be yourcompanyname.co.uk , then your 2nd website should be a landing page redirecting to your main site, and this site you can name it whatever or with the city/state/etc if needed. The yourcompany.co.uk is great to put on all your print material and you can also SEO it up to the extreme, just like we have with RefreshCarpetCleaning.Co.Uk -

3) You say Refresh's is limited? Are you serious man, are you sure you know what your talking about? It is not limited at all, his site has a blog on it and we can target 10000000s of keywords no matter what. Might want to check your newbie seo book again, because your so called seo tatics is from the 1990s, its all about WEB-2.0 man.

4) The site targeting 'paving cleaners coventry' , did you know not 1 person this WHOLE year typed that in Google?

5) Fraser Thom is receiving a ton of jobs off his www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk website because of the keyword phrases we have targeted, he isnt complaining one bit :)   And to think about it, when people type in 'carpet cleaning Edinburgh', not 1 site within the top 10 searches even has 'Edinburgh' inside the Domain Name (except 1 within the sub-category). So this proves that just because having the city/country/state name inside the Domain name will NOT get you ranked above these people for all the offsite SEO they accomplish.

6) Why would someone in the UK purchase a .COM instead of a .CO.UK? They wouldnt, it would be stupid unless they are targeting the world which 99% of the time, cleaners are not going to.

7) You state that when people click on the Google Ads they are sent right back to your site? That is false, you have your competition all over your website. Who in their right mind would use Google Ads just to make a couple dollars a month off of it and let is advertise their competition, just this alone tells me you have no clue what your doing.

This doesnt have to turn out to be a debate or ruin this guys thread of going back and forth.

Aside from that, I took some time to look over your site for SEO and there is many issues wrong with your sites you have listed.

-One of them is that your website has not backlinks to report.
-Any other advice I will have to charge you. I dont work for free, unless you want to come over my house to clean my carpets for free too haha :)   -- Again, I dont work free, I gotta eat to ya know!

PS: I have had a few guys off this board email me about this thread, I appreciate your support and I will keep your name Private.

Here is 1 quote I have received in the email:

"By the look of Refresh Cleaning's site so do you. When I've looked at your "supporting" WEB 2.0 stuff it's obvious that you know a lot more than "stick the keyword phrase in the URL". What pes me off is that there are people on that site with no web knowledge, for whom a profitable website could make the difference between staying in business and going bump. They might actually think he knows he knows something or worse still take his advice! What he is stating is in most cases plain wrong. I can see why you are getting annoyed. If you are not careful, you will get dragged into a futile discussion

Again, it is extremely east to rank #1 for keyword phrases that no one is even searching for in the first place or if you dont have that much competition.

-Carpet Cleaning Fife

--

Mike, I agree with you. If you live in UK, you should get a great UK Hosting provider and only go with .CO.UK   - And make sure its a very reliable hosting company, not the free junk or really cheapos REASON being is because you might not get enough bandwith for the month. If you run out of bandwith, then no one will be able to view your site until the next month! OR the site will be extremely SLOW and really upset your customers.

--
Derek West, take this guy for example. He did it right, he has two websites, 1 with his company name and other with his area name. This way he can get double the results and still put his main URL on his print material.

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2009, 06:24:10 pm »
Keep at it Jim, I hope you get something out of it eventually.

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2009, 07:45:37 pm »
Tre,
At least I have the manners to address you by name, something which in your haste to promote your views over others you seem to forget. 

As I said, I am only expressing personal observations and views from my personal experience.  You seem to have taken it rather personally and launched a fusilade of critisism my way.  Everyone on this forum is allowed to form their own views regarding comments or postings without being bullied by people who think their views are the only ones which matter.  People will make up their own minds as to who they believe !!!  If they believe you, fine I have no problem with that.  But what I provide, or people like me - if they can be bothered to post, is an alternative view, in esscence, "A Choice of Views".

It is obviously to your benefit to promote your website design service, I have nothing against that at all.  What I do not like is your assumption that everything you say is correct and the best way to go.  All statistics can prove any point you want to prove, just look at governments and the way they operate.  I feel no ill will towards you because you wish to promote your website business, it is just a pity that you do not think along the same lines towards anyone who dares to oppose your views.

I stated my opinion in my first post, that opinion has not changed, whether you disagree or agree.  I do note however, that you did not concede that domain name relevancy was correct, considering you use it on Fraser's site as your main focus regarding keywords or keyword phrases.

You quote people from this forum sending you emails in support of you.  If they have something to say, why not let everyone view their comments instead of hiding behind private emails.

Tre, I wish you success, but please remember, yours views and opinions are not the only ones that matter in the grand scheme of things.

Kind regards,
Jim

www.spic-n-span.co.uk

Bob Robertson

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2009, 09:04:39 pm »
I have to agree with Jim on this, you have done yourself no favours posting the e-mail comment. It starts off making no sense at all,with another few mistakes and calling people idiots, maybe he should look in the mirror.  If he doesn't have the courtesy to post his views on the thread then he shouldn't comment at all!

"By the look of Refresh Cleaning's site so do you. When I've looked at your "supporting" WEB 2.0 stuff it's obvious that you know a lot more than "stick the keyword phrase in the URL". What pes me off is that there are people on that site with no web knowledge, for whom a profitable website could make the difference between staying in business and going bump. They might actually think he knows he knows something or worse still take his advice! What he is stating is in most cases plain wrong. I can see why you are getting annoyed. If you are not careful, you will get dragged into a futile discussion with this idiotic amateur."

PS I hate bold typing. ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2009, 09:35:36 pm »
Think we've been here before with Mr Allen !!!

Tre Allen

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2009, 09:36:29 pm »
Jim, Just posting statistics and results of success, please don't take it so personal. I'm sorry if you've taken offense at my post.  That was never my intention.  On the other hand, I just wanted to try and present the hard facts of the matter.  If that has upset you then I apologize.  I don't want this to turn into a slanging match.  I am very good at what I do and want people to see that. And the next time I am in the UK, drinks are on me  :D

Even more statistics in the bunch below.

Well, www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk just got ranked better in Yahoo.co.uk & Bing.co.uk (which is MSN) for keyword phrase 'Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh;

Check results:

Page 1, Rank #1:   http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all&qs=n

Page 1, Rank #2   http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

Robert Watson

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2009, 10:04:06 pm »
the domain, www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk  is over a year old, which I`m sure you will know is a Very important factor.
Your results would be a lot more impressive if it were a new domain.
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
Jim, Just posting statistics and results of success, please don't take it so personal. I'm sorry if you've taken offense at my post.  That was never my intention.  On the other hand, I just wanted to try and present the hard facts of the matter.  If that has upset you then I apologize.  I don't want this to turn into a slanging match.  I am very good at what I do and want people to see that. And the next time I am in the UK, drinks are on me  :D

Even more statistics in the bunch below.

Well, www.refreshcarpetcleaning.co.uk just got ranked better in Yahoo.co.uk & Bing.co.uk (which is MSN) for keyword phrase 'Carpet Cleaning Edinburgh;

Check results:

Page 1, Rank #1:   http://www.bing.com/search?q=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all&qs=n

Page 1, Rank #2   http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=carpet+cleaning+edinburgh&fr=yfp-t-501&ei=UTF-8&rd=r1

Tre,
From where I am looking, that was a personal attack, however you try to soft-soap it. You were not just posting statistics, you were using apparent friends as email posters to belittle my posts and quite honestly be rude.  If that is your business ethics, be sure they will find you out - What goes around, comes around.  I don't think you even read my first post properly anyway.  You were contradicting yourself throughout your reply in your eagerness to get over"YOUR" point. 

I, for one, would certainly not do business with you.  I would class you as a taker rather than a giver.  To my mind, a business transaction should consist of both of these elements.  Even after your heartfelt apology, you could not resist throwing in a few more useless statistics could you.  I can read you like a book!!
Sorry, I'll have to pass on the drink.

P.S. I am only sorry I got myself into this negative scenario with you.

Jim

www.spic-n-span.co.uk

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2009, 11:25:31 pm »
Who's up for a challenge?

All this Guff about someone else don't know what they are talking about etc etc.

Why not get a new domain, get non paid for traffic and see who makes the most dosh in a month?

Now that would be very revealing.

You can even use Adsense if you want Jim. ;D 

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:01 pm »
Mike,
Great idea!!!

Just present us with a domain name and each to his own SEO thing!!

Like Del Boy Says " Who Dares Wins"

I'm up for it!!

Jim
www.spic-n-span.co.uk

Tre Allen

Re: New website New
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2009, 11:37:17 pm »
Who's up for a challenge?

All this Guff about someone else don't know what they are talking about etc etc.

Why not get a new domain, get non paid for traffic and see who makes the most dosh in a month?

Now that would be very revealing.

You can even use Adsense if you want Jim. ;D 

I am up for the challenge, especially if you want to bring up a pink slip for a truckmount haha  ;D  ;D  ;D

We should first have a cleanitup.co.uk contest, then present the winner with one of the websites and 2nd place gets the other.

Perhaps best video contest or something in that nature.

Because once we have the winners, then we know what areas in UK to target.

Just a thought.