Re: leaflet distribution
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 11:59:43 pm »

IF YOU DELIVER 200 PER DAY AND DELIVER TO THE SAME HOUSES EVERY 2 MONTHS YOU WILL GET 5 JOBS PER 1K.

You may do that and you simply can't say that will be the case for someone else unfortunately.

will01

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 12:06:34 am »
But you see Mike it is... It's called the law of averages.
If Someone in Scotland/England/Wales and Ireland were to deliver 1k per week for 1 year I would be very suprised if the figure weren't very similar.

it's all about getting your head down and just doing it.

derek west

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 12:16:51 am »
will
i don't want 2 part time jobs, one that pays nothing and one that pays well but the other one gets in the way off making it pay better.
the idea is to get someone else to do the leaflets so that i can be flat out with the carpet cleaning.
i'll try and give you my situation

50% of my day is carpet cleaning, (no leaflets used)
if i can carpet clean for the other 50% i will be in the money as the first 50% pays for everything including my living all be it a modest one.

so if i use my spare 50% delivering leaflets then how am i gonna do the jobs i get from it?
derek

will01

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 12:26:33 am »
Derek:

here's my situation....

I deliver 200 leaflets per day in 1-3hours (dependant on terrace, semi etc...)

I always deliver the said leaflets before I start work so if I start at 0830am I will then arrive in the vicinity a max of 3hrs before I start work.

If that's 0530am then so be it.  I do not trust anyone but yours truly to leaflet for me.  It all boils down to how much you want it

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 12:29:40 am »
Will,

Average is a deceptive term.

I KNOW you can't say that because I have been doing what you suggest (in fact more)  and I'm not getting the 5/1000 you suggest. Someone somewhere else may be getting 8/1000 and hence your law of averages theory becomes true, but you can't guarantee that for an individual based on your figures.

Ricky M

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 01:17:50 am »
was paying £31.50 to some one last year per 1k-did 8k

seen him 2nite and said recession etc cant pay that anymore so a deal 3k for £80 he said yes , on the understanding that he sends 3k per week in my pre planed areas , he only posts for me .
want to try to get out 100k - 120k next year in a seasonal pre planed leaflet drive .

with out me ringing all over what sort of prices will I get that many leaflets , 3 colours 3 diff kind leaflets ( diff text ) in 3 sets of 50k  ???

Ricky 
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

derek west

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 07:26:22 am »
will
if you do that every morning, then i take my hat off to ya.

up to 3 hours unpaid work just to get  1 extra job a day. :o

you obviously want it more than me will.

i'll go back to searching for nirvana, but thanks for the advice.

derek

clinton

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 08:36:51 am »
Derek

Here is a company thst delivers think they re in rochdale area ???

Its called rcd  01706 759420

Might be worth a call :)

Ricky M

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 08:37:07 am »
Derek , hate to say this but Kurts dead and the losest thing to that now is the foo fighters  ;D

Ricky
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

craigp

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:38 am »
I deliver myself to posh areas and I regularly see the same Pink FT leaflet on the mat, he must be minted, but I may have made a small dent. ;D

Hi Mike is that the FT'er from my area?

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 09:09:20 am »
I think he's Avon something, he does posh villages in Somerset. See them A LOT.

Had lots of customers say his quote was too much, but I only get to see the ones he doesn't get.

craigp

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:46 am »
Wow, he does a HUGE area from what I have observered they are all hit twice a year, friend of my girlfriends lives in Badminton, nr chip sodbury went to visit could not believe she had one on her coffee table!

I done 21k via royal mail once £750 plus cost of leaflets, I reckon he does 150- 200k a year easy.

Including cost of leaflets I would estimate he spends 10k a year.

PS. Im on your patch tommorrw, dont worry I dont target it ;D but a girl worked for a commercial job I done asked me to do her lounge, if you like come over say hello!   

craigp

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 11:02:00 am »
Just done some caculations got it wrong as I paid royal mail £35 per thou introductory price, it was normally £45 that went up last year to £55 per thou, so to put out 200k per year via royal mail (least they do go out) would be 11k plus cost of leaflets so around 15k a year,

fastrack reccemmend 150k plus leaflets a year.

will01

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 12:14:48 pm »
Derek:

It isn't 3 hours unpaid work for 1 extra job per day if you use good old "Kitchen sink" marketing to obtain referrals Plus the following.

What i do on all new jobs is I hand them a "Customer satisfaction form" (Ie were you satisfied please answer A for completely, B for moderately etc...).

At the bottom of the form there are 3 boxes for the customer to write 3 addresses of friends and family that they think may be interested in our services.

Sometimes they are wary of giving out the addresses and sometimes not.
When I then arrive home in the evening or now at lunch I will send out my referral letters to these addresses stating that we have recently done some work for your friend Mrs Smith etc etc...

So if done correctly it's hardly Just 1 job per day.

Always look on your customer as a tool for expanding your business.

Will

derek west

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 12:35:41 pm »
will
cheers for that, sounds good.
still not doing the 3 hours leafleting in the morning though.
leave that to you grafters.

mike h has had the best idea.
pay someone a weeks wage, get them leafleting  3k a week then helping out the rest of the week to get through the work load.
gonna chat with my helper to see what he wants if i take him on full time, he's not gonna be happy about leafleting though.
derek

JandS

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 12:47:16 pm »
Derek.

Your figure of 120 an hour is the figure I arrived at too.
Done 3 x 1 hour sessions on mixed housing and every time it was more or less 120.
Won't pay anybody to deliver though unless it's the post office.
I post business cards and have had mixed success.
4 calls and 2 jobs out of it.

John

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 01:57:11 pm »
Before Christmas I had a set routine, but have found difficult getting back into since the hols. ::)

Have 200 leaflets and know where they are going THE NIGHT BEFORE. I load up my player with something interesting like a podcast or audio course or book.

I do me jobs and then I go into autopilot and just keep going till they are gone.

I get some exercise, learn something and get some leaflets out.

Quite often I chat to people along the way, it takes longer but it's amazing how much this gets work and breaks up the monotony.

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 02:07:24 pm »
Craig

I've got a job up by Morrisons, there are some nice places that pay well, but I tend to go  out toward Cheddar way as the Mrs has a place there and there's less Chavs. ;D

I do the odd Brissle job but it's usually friend of a friend and the traffic does my heed in.

When you said that guy doe s 200k I thought you meant earns ;D probably is actually.

craigp

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 02:38:41 pm »
Yeah I ment 200k leaflets a year, cost = £15k

And yes I would imagen £150k T.O. for an operation like that. Maybe less? he got 2 TM vans on road as far as I know.

I had customers say he quoted to high too, but then I guess with them overheads you got to be high. I see them flyers ALOT too. Got to give it to the bloke what hes doing is incredable.

clinton

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 03:59:38 pm »
There is a guy up here who doea the similar marketing to the one craig posted and his min call out is over a 100 pounds  so guess if your doing 15 k a year on advertising you want the returns ???