Paul Evans

TACCA
« on: January 16, 2014, 07:12:37 pm »
Why do People have ago about this movement.

Most of the negative comments seem to come from people who are
not Known.

Please reveal your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Evans  ( Easy to find )

*Hector*

Re: TACCA
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:09:51 pm »
the last time I revealed myself....

It cost me £300 from a magistrate..

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

david@zap-clean

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15:22 pm »
the last time I revealed myself....

It cost me £300 from a magistrate..

;D ;D

That's strange! They usually pay for that service.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »
Not in Hectors case he has to pay them :D

*Hector*

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:57:12 pm »
 ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

peter maybury

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:59:18 pm »
Much of the criticism will come from people who do not qualify to join.
Leave them to it.

Peter

dawsons

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:17 pm »
Leave them to it.

Peter

And the acceptance parameters are set by and enforced by one man - a man who has less industry experience than most.

carpet_care

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 10:55:47 pm »
He may not have the years experience of some of us but has got off his backside and had the initiative to set up a federation that i for one have got work from being a member of>

How people can slate doers who put the time in with little rewward for themselves is beyond me. ???

Andy locke.

peter maybury

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 11:04:28 pm »
As somebody who has been in the industry a long time I see those parameters as sound.
In fact I would personally make it more elitist. Anybody who does not see the benefits of having what is basically an entry level machine, mechanical agitation is a must but a crb is just vastly superior to rotary. Then there is the old chestnut training anybody without should not be in the game, after all it is an organisation for people who know what they are doing. If I have any reservation about it, it is not choosy enough and is a personal view that people cannot do a couple of courses and become proficient in an industry such as this. Yes they can make a living but I think that an understanding takes a lot longer.
Derek's search for knowledge is inspiring and in the time he has spent in the industry has learnt more than most.
That is better than the majority that like to advise people on subjects they know nothing about themselves.

Peter

bennymon

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 07:52:29 am »
Derek has invested a lot of time and money in something to help our industry I don't  see why there would be any complaints . Well done old boy keep it up  :) :)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 01:20:51 pm »
Hi Guys

Criticism is O.K provided it is constructive but to be credible you need to be honest about who you are not hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

Cheers

Doug

dawsons

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 08:13:42 pm »
Shaun Ashmore, I know exactly what you can and cannot see as I run an SMF forum. Anonymouse changes the persons IP without doubt. Don't try and get clever with words.

My IP today is 193.200.150.125

which is today being routered in from Switzerland via the Seychelles  ;)

elliott cleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 08:25:09 pm »

Shaun Ashmore, I know exactly what you can and cannot see as I run an SMF forum. Anonymouse changes the persons IP without doubt. Don't try and get clever with words.

'Anonymouse'!!! ::)roll.   Dawsons - it's one thing for Shaun to misspell the word. For you to perpetuate it shows a certain lack of 'something' which we won't bother to spell out to you. It ain't got anything to do with mice ;)

Emil Dinev

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 10:08:11 pm »
Hey Dawson's boy, you clearly don't belong on here so why don't you crawl back into your hole and stay there for good?!

garry22

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »
Can anyone see the irony here?

The TACCA site does not allow proxies (well the $6 a month beginners' stuff like Anonymouse anyway) so the poster would be unable to ask his questions there.

I reckon it's Sally Bercow  ;D

ian harper

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 01:36:46 pm »
Hi guys sorry had to comment onthat other post. No reply so i take its locked.

Its very expensive to be little fish big in large pond in marketing. But you can finance things like trade show stands and stunts like world records. Window cleaners have used this in  past

Anyway. My point is you all can make something from nothing. If your like me you take images of each jobs. Well this has value to tenants as if thay have to prove that thay did not cause a stain its unlikly they have images of the carpets when thay moved in.now some carpet cleaner had cleaned those carpets. If they had submitted them To a national database tbat tenant would have access at a price to them.

Now this has a benfit to members as over time you would have a national datbase of many rented homes. This now has benifit to carpet cleaners to use for mailshots at the market rate per thousand address.  This  will not happen over night but in time would be a massive asset to any assocation. For both customer protection and by using members getting access and to addresses from the database.

Now the money raised can fund PR type markets like virgin does. That type og marketing gets you on local news sites and papers for free. Everyone goes on about porty and tm how about contests. You could go up against each other or set a standard size that cleaners can have a go at beating.

Just run the numbers on members that have done move outs over last year. This will show how quick a national datbase can be built. As has been said here its the goup that adds power o er being on your own. Members will want to see return if they pay for something. Tbis way what thay give is just images at no cost to them. And if they want to benifit them thats the time to ask for payment for renting tbe list.

Not only will tjis help but also build local coops of cleaners that trust each other that can then look at taking on big jobs locally. And maybe as a assocation national co tracts

Also dont insurance companies award contract to franchises on  stain removal on the percentage of successful removals. Again another resorce if you can track and prove the rates. Images again help with this. You have to ask how a franchise can prove these rates. If a assocation came along with real proff then this would up the game for everyone and put the small fish alongside the big one.

Btw you dont want to use money th market to homes its the insurance companies and national chains. Lets not forget big cleaning companies just stick some person on  the end of a wand and thats the standard they get. A professional will always do better. But dont forget thats what you being compaired
To. Thats a differant topic.

Respects Ian Harper

John Kelly

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 03:26:18 pm »
Unfortunately Insurance companies don't seem to care about results, it will raise its head over time if they are poor. What they are concerned about is ticking boxes,  or KPI's as they call them. Key Point Indicators, basically they want information on how quickly the customer was contacted, how soon you attended, a report back within a certain time frame, usually 24 hours.
Unless you have office based and management staff keeping tabs on this stuff then its a no go.
As regards national chains of hotels etc. One of the main franchises spent tens of thousands of pounds on this and the same amount on tv adverts with absolutely no result to speak of.
Personally I think it would be better to try and educate the public with more subtle means.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 12:10:27 pm »
As far as I am concerned they do no harm , Industry experts support them , maybe the advertising idea has not caught on but overall Derek has done a Brilliant job and would no doubt be elected President i am completely unbiased as I am not a member

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 05:47:12 pm »
Leave them to it.

Peter
like me ! but ive been cleaning longer then the guy who set it up and we have been tradeing longer then the ncca and tacca and ttmcca all put togather x2 guess were cowboys eh s???  sorry cow girls  ;D

creighton foyle

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 06:14:38 pm »
there are a lot of cleaners out there who have been at it for years, doesn't mean they are all doing it right.

and on the other side of the coin you do not need to have been be involved in the carpet cleaning industry for a long while to realise it's shortcomings or figure out the basic equipment and training needed to become a competent operative.

Derek has done that with some success and is moving forward at a steady pace to achieve the goals he has set himself for the organisation he has founded.

good on him