Re: Twin vac to triple vac to Puzzi 100
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 07:53:45 pm »
true............

likewise most people who "diss" LM cleaning have never done it or seen it done...

people are scared of what they don't know about...

robert meldrum

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 07:57:58 pm »
Lot of truth in that Hector. Then there's the people who just go out and work year in year out with a 10 year old machine they bought from new as it does the job and makes them money.

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 08:02:32 pm »
which is what we are all in the business for at the end of the day ................

whether it be a lot of money ........... or enough to tick over..........

we should each do what we want to do because we want to do it...

not because it is deemed to be the way as decreed by others...

ooeerr

glad that is off my chest......   ;D

Tony Rowley

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »
I have a puzzi 100 on my van, its a great bit of kit and I use it for emergencies and spotting.

I think its great, because the end of the wand is transparent plastic you can see it sucking up the dirty water and you can keep going until it runs clear, so it must be clean then right!

To be honest I dont know the spec of the puzzi 100 but it does only come with about 7 foot of hosing so even if the vac is the same you would get in a henry its not going to do a bad job on a small area, it is in all honesty not practicle on anything but spotting or short term emergency situations for a number of reasons:

a: If you cleaning stairs you have to balance the puzzi between you and the next step as the hose is so short

b: Your back will hurt after about 30 minutes of using the floor wand

c: You have to empty it every 10 minutes

d: A customer will never say to you "wow thats massive I never thought it would be that big" and are more likely to say "are you taking the pi$$,Ii could of hired one of them and done it myself"

That said I am sure the OP knows what he is doing with all his years experience.

Tony

Jim_77

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »
This thread has been very entertaining.

Strike me down with a bolt of lightning but all this denial...... Can't help feeling smug!

Phil Taylor

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »
I have a puzzi 100 on my van, its a great bit of kit and I use it for emergencies and spotting.

I think its great, because the end of the wand is transparent plastic you can see it sucking up the dirty water and you can keep going until it runs clear, so it must be clean then right!

To be honest I dont know the spec of the puzzi 100 but it does only come with about 7 foot of hosing so even if the vac is the same you would get in a henry its not going to do a bad job on a small area, it is in all honesty not practicle on anything but spotting or short term emergency situations for a number of reasons:

a: If you cleaning stairs you have to balance the puzzi between you and the next step as the hose is so short

b: Your back will hurt after about 30 minutes of using the floor wand

c: You have to empty it every 10 minutes

That said I am sure the OP knows what he is doing with all his years experience.

Tony

Yeap, very true but as I say for those jobs that we need to impress or for larger areas we have other weaponary in our armourment   8)

Also like the comment about cleaner's afraid of being ridiculed on here if you post what machine or method you use, if it doesn't fit in with the crowd etc.   ;D

It's like the freemasons on here   :o

Tony Rowley

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 09:32:50 pm »
Yeap, very true but as I say for those jobs that we need to impress or for larger areas we have other weaponary in our armourment   

Also like the comment about cleaner's afraid of being ridiculed on here if you post what machine or method you use, if it doesn't fit in with the crowd etc.   

It's like the freemasons on here   

Bit confused now, you said you used a puzzi 100 to clean and now your saying you dont always use it and you have other equipment? surely it is good enough or it isnt, which is it?

Dave_Lee

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »
Lots of window cleaners have similar equipment for doing a bit of carpet cleaning as an extra, as they don't get enough work to warrant a bigger spend, or the ability to charge the going rate for it.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Phil Taylor

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, 09:43:58 pm »
Yeap, very true but as I say for those jobs that we need to impress or for larger areas we have other weaponary in our armourment   

Also like the comment about cleaner's afraid of being ridiculed on here if you post what machine or method you use, if it doesn't fit in with the crowd etc.   

It's like the freemasons on here   

Bit confused now, you said you used a puzzi 100 to clean and now your saying you dont always use it and you have other equipment? surely it is good enough or it isnt, which is it?

I already stated I have a twin and triple vac on vans plus 3 puzzis   ;D

Phil Taylor

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »

Anyone can knock the Puzzis but I can tell you we reach for them 90% of the time, they do the job, along with the sebo.

We've got the rotary, we've got the big machines as well, but the Puzzi is what we use the majority of the time   8)

Tony Rowley

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »
NO, you said you had used twin and triple vac porties and the puzzi with a sebo done just a good a job!

So, i ask you again, it is either good enough or it isnt, or cant you make your mind up?

Tony Rowley

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »
Not knocking the puzzi, i already said it was a good machine.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »
NO, you said you had used twin and triple vac porties and the puzzi with a sebo done just a good a job!

So, i ask you again, it is either good enough or it isnt, or cant you make your mind up?

You need to re-read the posts. We still have an Exel and an Advance!! Yes, the Puzzi is good enough!! Clear?

Colin Day

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 09:50:54 pm »

Anyone can knock the Puzzis but I can tell you we reach for them 90% of the time, they do the job, along with the sebo.

We've got the rotary, we've got the big machines as well, but the Puzzi is what we use the majority of the time   8)

Face it, you've got lazy..

If I decided I couldn't be bothered any more, I'd change direction.

You know it makes sense....

Jim_77

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:24 pm »
the Puzzi is good enough

Depends whose standards you're working to ;)

Tony Rowley

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »
For all those that are thinking of starting out in this business and read on here you need this that and the other, then please don't waste your money. We went from a Twin vac to triple vac to Puzzi 100. In conjunction with the Puzzi we use the sebo. As long as you do good prep work then the results are the same. If something goes wrong with it you simply throw the thing away and buy a new one. It's lightwight, easy to set up within minutes, is robust and gets the job done.  

So don't waste £2 - £4k on new expensive gear when you can easily do the work for less than £700!

Looks aren't everything, people just want a clean carpet at a good price!

Above is your original post, clear!!!!!!!

Phil Taylor

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 09:52:58 pm »

Face it, you've got lazy..

If I decided I couldn't be bothered any more, I'd change direction.

You know it makes sense....

You're probably right Colin, but I have 2 helpers who do most of the work. I now like to work smarter not harder!

Jim_77

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 09:53:07 pm »
I didn't waste £2 - £4k, I INVESTED a lot more and haven't looked back since :)

Phil Taylor

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »
For all those that are thinking of starting out in this business and read on here you need this that and the other, then please don't waste your money. We went from a Twin vac to triple vac to Puzzi 100. In conjunction with the Puzzi we use the sebo. As long as you do good prep work then the results are the same. If something goes wrong with it you simply throw the thing away and buy a new one. It's lightwight, easy to set up within minutes, is robust and gets the job done.  

So don't waste £2 - £4k on new expensive gear when you can easily do the work for less than £700!

Looks aren't everything, people just want a clean carpet at a good price!

Above is your original post, clear!!!!!!!

Where does it say we got rid of them, or didn't have them anymore?? It doesn't....