cannon

Opinions and criticism (constructive) please
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:43 pm »
Please take a look at my website and give me your opinions and criticism, dont hold back i can take it! :)

What sort of ratio of hits/calls are other people getting from there websites??

http://www.carpetcleaners-sunderland.co.uk/

Re: Opinions and criticism (constructive) please
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:35:04 pm »
dont hold back i can take it! :)

Who did your leather training? Because you can't protect leather in the same way as Scotchguard etc. That was a re-dyed sofa in the pictures, do you actually do that sort of thing?
There are numerous other pictures across your site i have seen elsewhere in the last few days, so are they libary pictures or copied? So are the words all your own?
Overall the site is bright and likable to potential customers but I'm a little concerned about possible copyright issues.

garry22

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:39:57 pm »
Is that not a picture of one of the moderators cleaning leather?

derek west

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:41:02 pm »
i'll go first then.

not personal enough, when i book someone i like to see them personally. it looks too distant. too (i suppose in a bad way) professional.

but then i'm now classed as a carpet cleaner and don't see things  from a non carpet cleaners eyes. i think your best sticking your site on a knitting forum or womans weekly forum, you'll get far better feed back than from us lot who aint got a clue anymore. we're too obsessed with the subject and knit pick at things that probably have no relevance to how well your site would do.

okay, second then
neil there all library photos with permission from mike ;)

okay 3rd then FFS

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:57:56 pm »
Ditch the stock photos and get your own before and afters - and a picture of yourself, trust me it works.

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:58:12 pm »
Karl Put a picture of your face on the website.Remember most of our customers are women so even if you are not so handsome at least you are there for all to see.Regards Alan(swindon)

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:00:08 pm »
neil there all library photos with permission from mike ;)

There's some on this page and more on other pages http://www.cleanfootprints.co.uk/image-gallery.htm and they claim they are absolutely genuine :o

cannon

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 08:00:59 pm »
Yeah pictures need sorting its top of my list. Infact ill get onto it tommorow you fellas have spurned me on now.

I was keen to get a website done and just asked for some pics to be put on as i had none. I now carry camera everywhere and im building up some good pics.

With regards to personal pic ive just recieved my new smart as a carrot uniform, so i can now arrange a picture shoot. I was thinking pic of me standing by some of my equipment maybe with my daughter. should i be waving? :) and should i have something done professionaly or do it myself?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:32:11 pm »
Cookie cutter... looks like JasonL's  ::)

I'd get rid of the link pointing to the person that designed it at the bottom of the page for a start! Thats one big footprint google will notice

Also, change all the photos.

Did you write that text? If no, put it through CopyScape and watch how many sites your text appears on... You want to be atleast 80% unique.

cannon

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 09:52:46 pm »
Text was all mine and im quite pleased with it, however i did look at other websites for inspiration and ideas.

Even though im quite pleased with the text, ill take onboard anyones opinion on how to improve it or what works better.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 09:54:33 pm »

I'd get rid of the link pointing to the person that designed it at the bottom of the page for a start! Thats one big footprint google will notice

Did you write that text? If no, put it through CopyScape and watch how many sites your text appears on... You want to be atleast 80% unique.

An independant designer or the web design company will usually always include a link on a site, its the norm and it wont do the sites ranking any harm whatsoever, Karl wont be able to get rid of it because he hasnt built or uploaded the website. He has paid someone who knows what they are doing to do it for him.  BTW: like the http://www.cleanfootprints.co.uk site  :) good stuff!!!  

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 10:14:24 pm »

An independant designer or the web design company will usually always include a link on a site, its the norm and it wont do the sites ranking any harm whatsoever, Karl wont be able to get rid of it because he hasnt built or uploaded the website. He has paid someone who knows what they are doing to do it for him.  BTW: like the http://www.cleanfootprints.co.uk site  :) good stuff!!!  

Who says it needs to be there? who said its the norm? If Cannon paid for the site creation then the site is his and has full say on what goes on it sonny jim! And if you know anything about PR and how it effects serps, then you'd know that any link pointing away from homepage will reduce the PR of the site :) Plus, the creator of that site has a bad habbit of using the same Joomla templetes with all the carpet cleaning websites he creates. Sooner or later the G is going to slap all those cookie cutters from the top 10 :) mark my words.... its only a matter of time.

Google hates dupliaction of scripts, layouts and temepletes! thats why they preform poorly in ranks for other, more competative niches (i.e. none local carpet cleaning keywords!)
I have first hand experance in this as i had a network of 37 sites all interlinked using 7 IP address (7 hosting accounts! thats a big deal and thought i'd of been invincible wit that many!). Was getting loads of traffic, took one year for google to spot the artificial link wheel i had created and dropped ranking drasticly! lost all revenue from those sites! Luckly i have more whitehat sites out there  ;D

Cannon, do yourself a favour mate. Get Mark to remove his link. He'll do it, or atleast he should!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 10:16:01 pm »

An independant designer or the web design company will usually always include a link on a site, its the norm and it wont do the sites ranking any harm whatsoever, Karl wont be able to get rid of it because he hasnt built or uploaded the website. He has paid someone who knows what they are doing to do it for him.  

I question that......

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 10:45:58 pm »

Who says it needs to be there? who said its the norm? If Cannon paid for the site creation then the site is his and has full say on what goes on it sonny jim! And if you know anything about PR and how it effects serps, then you'd know that any link pointing away from homepage will reduce the PR of the site :) Plus, the creator of that site has a bad habbit of using the same Joomla templetes with all the carpet cleaning websites he creates. Sooner or later the G is going to slap all those cookie cutters from the top 10 :) mark my words.... its only a matter of time.

Google hates dupliaction of scripts, layouts and temepletes! thats why they preform poorly in ranks for other, more competative niches (i.e. none local carpet cleaning keywords!)
I have first hand experance in this as i had a network of 37 sites all interlinked using 7 IP address (7 hosting accounts! thats a big deal and thought i'd of been invincible wit that many!). Was getting loads of traffic, took one year for google to spot the artificial link wheel i had created and dropped ranking drasticly! lost all revenue from those sites! Luckly i have more whitehat sites out there  ;D

Cannon, do yourself a favour mate. Get Mark to remove his link. He'll do it, or atleast he should!

Hey cool it pal, i'm not your sonny jim! I have an opinion so please respect it.

It is the norm for an external link to be on a site, its just like an advertising link and believe me it doesnt do any harm for a sites ranking.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:48:05 pm »
I'll take my own word for it :) i know what i'm talking about  :o

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »
I'll take my own word for it :) i know what i'm talking about  :o

Yea from what ive seen of your past posts you do seem to know alot about everthing tony ;D 

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 11:09:53 pm »
oooo how exicting a stalker!  ::) its great knowing everything paul, you should try it sometime... 8)

Sorry for hyjacking the thread Cannon 

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 11:21:02 pm »
NOW THATS ENOUGH THE PAIR OF YA GO TO BED BAD BOYS BAD BOYS ;D ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:34 pm »
;D