UK Contract Cleaning Forum > Contract Cleaning Forum

Office Cleaning

<< < (2/4) > >>

Paul H:
I read i great article somewhere that basically said that if you where charging less than say 12.50 p/hr what kind of services do you expect to get... where you getting the cleaners for the full say 2/3 hrs per day that where being charged...it outlined overheads like wages / materials etc.. it also said companies pitch in low for the work then gradually phase in increase or like said above the satff where on the next site doing the next job when you are paying for them... have sniff around sure you'll find it.... charge your £15 - 17 whatever but outline your costs against the lesser ones.... maybe as above..

ive had the chance for quite a decent contract but wil inherit the staff who are doing a dross job and possible redundancy costs etc... for those staff .. TUPE... i would love the contract .... but not the staff!.. so maybe someone can advise on ways around this for either me....or the comonay wishing to dispense on their cleaning companies services

Scotbrite:
In the job market just now there are thousands of people available to work fro minimum wage who will do a good job. Although its great if you can get more £10ph is a reasonable rate to get & be able to get sustainable business. As for the tupe workers you mentioned Paul, i don't think there is much you can do with this, They have a legal right to the job if they wish to transfer ( on exactly the same conditions as they currently have) the only thing you could reasonably do is to take them on, assess there work standard & start a proper disciplinary process ( to the letter of the law) if you want changes. Alternatively ( a bit sly maybe !! but - - talk to the client & have them END the current contract, give a few days break & then issue you with a NEW contract. This should avoid the tupe problems,
Cheers,
Ron

Paul H:
Scotbrite...

I was under the impression that they couldnt just end the contract as they (the company hiring the service) then had to show how they are going to continue and how with the cleaning service? ( i recall getting some legal advice and this is what i recall they said)...

If this is not true then then food for though...

Phild:
I think you are probably right Paul. I am always very very careful with TUPE as we were one of the the first companies to get penalised for it when it was first introduced and they were still testing out case law. Cutting to the chase we ended losing big style at an employment tribunal. The staff had actually worked direct for a large PLC, been made redundant, we then came in to do the cleaning having never met the staff or knowing anything about them and got fined something like £14k and that must have been the backend of the 80's when £14k was a lot of money. I could never get my head around it.

Phil D

Paul H:
Phil so say for example your staff on your contracts are protected by TUPE...that is you lose a contract and the  new firm inherits your staff?? if im picking this up right... ???

so how do you ever lose contract?.. what if the terms expire on the contract and they dispense with your services..or tender it out to a new firm...your staff (or old staff) will still keep a job?...and the new firm inherits redundancy packages etc... or do you keep your staff and put them on new jobs / existing jobs?.....

I need this in simple terms..  chance of a contract but not with the amount of staff or staff that are there at present.... whta if i can show i can provide a better/same service with less staff?

More so what if the company want to scale / trim back on there existing budget ... say they are paying for 5 cleaners p/hr and having reviewed it now only want 3???...

How do they work that and how do you as service provider respond? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version