UK Contract Cleaning Forum > Contract Cleaning Forum

Office Cleaning

(1/4) > >>

G & R Services:
Hi Guys

Im after some help i have been asked to quote for the following this will be our first office cleaning contract:

Office Cleaning

2 x Cleaners - Mon - Fri - 2 hours per night

Reception, Training Room, Boardroom, Kitchen Area, 4 Meeting Room, 50 - 60 Office Based Staff.

Im waiting on confirmation as to whether This will be to provide Staff and all cleaning equipment/chemicals or just staff.

I was thinking £15 P/H just to supply staff and £17 p/h if it is to include equipment/chemicals.

What sort of price would you go in at.....?? (Sensible Responses Please)

petemg:
hi ya matey :) there is a publication as regarding cleaning contracts. not sure who by , googel:s your freind,

Jonny jones:
Hi

I think that you are a bit expensive, try aroun the £10 per hr per person per hr, and even then you might not get it

Thanx Jonny

Phild:
Yes Jonny is right. On a job this size you need to make whatever you are paying out in wages & holiday pay equate to around 65% of your charge exc VAT. Another thing to think of is that the two jobs together are 20 hours per week. With the changes to tax credits from April many of your target staff will need to be working 24 hours per week to be eligible for tax credits. That makes the job more worthwhile to someone but remember you will then have to check whether you are in the NIC band for employers which (from memory so check!) is about £135 quid a week now - 20 hours at say £6.50 - you are OK otherwise you have to add 13.8% employers contribution to your costs on that bit of the wage over £135.

Finally .... TUPE. Are any staff being transferred? That is a thread in itself.

Best of luck

Phil D

Scotbrite:
Hi,
I'm with Jonny on this one. My standard rate is £10ph. Don't think in this climate you will get any more. But good on you if you do,
Cheers,
Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version