mr D

how do you make your water?
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:25:11 am »
 how do you guys who have static systems at home to make your pure water do it? hwat i mean is do you have an out house, garage, shed or some other way. i'm soon to be installing a static system and will probaly need to build some kind of shelter as i've no tap in my shed and no garrage.

i'd love to see some pivtures of solutions you guys have come up with?

poleman

Re: how do you make your water?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:46 am »
If you are installing something out side, it would need to be insulated! or the frost will kill your RO system, regaring RO Merlin is very cheap, you could fit that in the van, and run a pipe over night, but the better option is a static system because if you run out in the day, you can pop back and get some more pure water

Andy
Smart Cleaning  ;) 

mr D

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:01:13 am »
cheers andy its the insurlation i was asking for. i know i'm gonna need it under cover but just how much cover? will an insurlated shead be enough? also will i need to insulate the storafe tank?

poleman

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:44:21 am »
Just the inside of the shed, if you look around b&q there is cheap stuff around

dd

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:54:55 am »
Mine is just in a garage, no extra insulation. If in shed maybe good to insulate.

IMO err on the side of caution. Better too much than too little.

steven ainger

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:05:23 am »
i have my static system in and old victorian out house, ive run a water feed from the house using 15mm copper pipe to connect to the ro, i have a 300ltr square water butt in there, which is the biggest tank i can fit in, this is a bit of a pain as i have a 500 ltr tank in the van. i also have a electric greenhouse heater, with a frost stat on it for the winter

mr D

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 11:43:17 am »
that looks nice and cossy!

just what i was after so i'll defently need a new shead  >:(

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 11:56:08 am »
i've no tap in my shed

But you've got an outside tap?

Even if you haven't it's easy enough to install one.

Then run an insulated hose to your shed, and put another tap on the end of the hose inside your shed

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 11:56:52 am »
Mine's only a 400ltr static system as it only has to supply me and it's more than adequate. But here's the pics. There's a 60w caravan heater in the cabin, just visible behind the trolley. The tank is insulated with bubble wrap at the mo. This combination kept everything OK in the cabin last winter. However it wasn't that cold here in Essex so I might have to look to other ways of insulating in the future if we do get any seriously cold weather.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

ok cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 02:38:10 pm »
 i keep my 1000lt main tank in the garden but the rest(ro filters , pump and the rest ) in the shed near the tank

mr D

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 10:38:26 pm »
M & C thats just what i was looking at doing for mine. i've got and out side tap but i'd have to run a hose to the tank i was worried about the hose freezing out side.

poleman

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 12:13:05 am »
M & C thats just what i was looking at doing for mine. i've got and out side tap but i'd have to run a hose to the tank i was worried about the hose freezing out side.

I run my garden hose around the garden border about half a foot down under the earth and its fine but its only been under one winter

mr D

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 12:16:31 am »
i'd only need to go either 1meter or about 4 meters depending where i wanted to locate it, i surpose i could dig the patio up. never liked it that much any way. would that plastic hard pipe they use now a days and lagging do the trick do you think?

djhaydn

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 06:28:40 pm »
i have one of those metal sheds that argos do, paid about £140 for it, the 1000 ltr ibc tank fits in snuggly, run my outside tap to the ro system inside, hose is lagged with thick lagging, have a submersible pump in the ibc tank and a hose so i can run the water up to the 250 ltr van tank,
you wouldnt know i have a water filter system in my garden,
your tank needs to be covered or the sun will turn it green, trust me my 25 ltr containers i filled turned within 2 weeks, had to clean them out.
sorry i dont know how to upload pictures on this site.
haydn

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 06:31:06 pm »
i have one of those metal sheds that argos do, paid about £140 for it, the 1000 ltr ibc tank fits in snuggly, run my outside tap to the ro system inside, hose is lagged with thick lagging, have a submersible pump in the ibc tank and a hose so i can run the water up to the 250 ltr van tank,
you wouldnt know i have a water filter system in my garden,
your tank needs to be covered or the sun will turn it green, trust me my 25 ltr containers i filled turned within 2 weeks, had to clean them out.
sorry i dont know how to upload pictures on this site.
haydn
click reply or post, then click additional options below where you would type, click browse and find the image on your computer click ok(or attach) you can add 2 at a time using this.

Ian

djhaydn

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 06:37:19 pm »
cheers ian
sussed it
this is my set up
Haydn

djhaydn

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 06:38:15 pm »
and the rest

dd

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:39 pm »
What is your water pressure Mr D?

steve a

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 07:18:16 pm »
This is mine, a bit untidy around it.

steve a

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 07:21:42 pm »
from another angle

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 07:29:07 pm »
and another angle  ;D

steve a

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:39 pm »
with a few pointers for the newbies (and something for window washers to play wit ;D

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 08:15:40 pm »
added a few bits you missed out, sry if I missed anything  ;D

Ian

steve a

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 08:22:44 pm »
You missed the brush steel centre photo, oh  and the cuddly toy LOL

dd

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 08:50:25 pm »
steve a when the tank is full what about the booster pump, does it automatically cut out or do you have to switch it off manually?

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 09:08:25 pm »
 ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

HAHAHAHA

Thanks Ian... I needed that!!!   ;D   ;D

NWH

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 09:10:57 pm »
Trafic cone for filling resin not RO lol.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »
I fitted my RO and di unit inside my house. Its on a board not that big. Takes up hardly any room.

Ran pipe straight to garden water storage tanks by the side of the house. You can cover these in to protect from frost.

Pump straight to tank in van or if you are on a slope like me just let gravity do the job.

When you expand you can look at a shed set up.

Cuts out additional expense to start.

Just another idea.

steve a

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 06:35:23 am »
steve a when the tank is full what about the booster pump, does it automatically cut out or do you have to switch it off manually?

Manually mate, flooded the garage once or twice, get my old dad to keep tabs on it, thats why the two pieces of tape are there, as he cant see the numbers.LOL

steve a

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 06:38:09 am »

I stand corrected, but if it was Ian then I would say "No that was correct, traffic cone for filling the Resin Oriface" ::) :D

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 06:39:46 am »

I stand corrected, but if it was Ian then I would say "No that was correct, traffic cone for filling the Resin Oriface" ::) :D
lol

mr D

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 07:52:22 pm »
cheers guys these pics really give me an idea scale wise what i need to accomadate for.

dd dont know my water pressure but its rip arse powerfull. i cant hold my hand over the hose gun when its squrting as it would prob tear my skin off!! no word of a lye.

dd

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 11:30:03 pm »
cheers guys these pics really give me an idea scale wise what i need to accomadate for.

dd dont know my water pressure but its rip arse powerfull. i cant hold my hand over the hose gun when its squrting as it would prob tear my skin off!! no word of a lye.
Not having any water fights with you!