[GQC] Tim

Re: Rinsing 'brush on' - please explain technigue
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 06:59:20 pm »
Well I will have an sl-x by next week when they come out, not quite got one yet!!!  :( Luke

Ah yes, I misread the post, sorry. :)

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:23 pm »
How many Gardiners brushes will you buy NWH? Ill have two all together, one on my SL-X and one on my SL2. If I like them I will buy a third for my xtel, Luke

Cheeky Luke has got an SL-X and new brush already? Tsk tsk.  ;D

By rinsing zig zag, do you guys mean this?

[ Click to enlarge ]

Why not rinse like this? They rinse like this in the wfp DVD.

on the top one you will get more water running down, on the second you will be running water back up the glass, which IMO can cause problems.

I took NWH advice and started rinsing on, still getting to grips with it.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:29 pm »
The vikan brush is the worst possible brush to try this method of working with,with the mono ionic brush dip it in boiling water then dip it in cold water and re-shape it with your hand it will get rid of the curls for a couple more weeks.The bentley i tilt on to rinse but don`t use it anymore,for rinsing on for certain results tilting you must go salmon or Alex`s new brush,i also use a green mono square salmon which is a good brush for leads and PVC but is no good for sash big panes or sash gergion as in order to get good water coverage you need to go over the frame as the brush dries out really quickly and can fail to get underneath the sash part of the window,if your having trouble rinsing on with a flocked brush it`s the brushes fault it holds far to much dirt and bits,do a house with the green brush i`m on about and then look at the bristles you`ll see hardly any bits at all in the brush after you`ve finnished.

So the best brushes for rinsing on the glass are salmon, Alex's new brush, or the green mono square salmon (but not on sash windows).  No wonder I've found results unreliable.  I don't have any of those brushes.
Looks like it's time to start experimenting again.
Thanks for the tips.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:31 pm »
Shiner, only Alex has used the new brush so we are yet to know.....Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

darren73

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 07:14:02 pm »
i started a job a month ago,all commercial work,before that i used a backpack and always spent alot of time rinsing.since then ive been shown how to rinse on and it is easy enough with a good flowrate-one square right round the four edges,straight along the top twice,the third time squash the brush slightly against the pane and go across slower moving very slightly up and down,then down/up across and back putting very little pressure on the pole on the way up and  more pressure and  pull down-job done-you can tilt the brush slightly on the way up if you want.i still have to rinse off if using the backpack
hope this helps-

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 07:19:26 pm »
If i'm using my Addis mono i'll rinse on with confidence but i won't try it with my flocked Bentley.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 07:25:53 pm »
Always rinse with the brush fully on the glass/frames.
Don't need to tilt the brush at an angle just to rinse brush on.
Rinsing brush off is just making a lot of hard work for yourself.
It's quicker and easier to rinse brush on.
Doesn't really matter what direction you go in with the brush on the glass so long as you give the top frame a good thorough rinse and use plenty of water to cascade down the glass in any pattern you fancy in all honesty.

Darren O

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 07:57:06 pm »
Wayne thats exactly the way to do it there is far to much technical jargon on here when using wfp.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 08:20:42 pm »
The bits left on the glass someone was on about earlier,take a look next time and you will see that these bits are mainly at the top of the glass that`s why it`s so important to get a good head of water at the top of the glass,when rinsing on the glass the top part of the window is the most important part of the process, i always go up and down the glass and then from side to side on the top edge and then just zig zag down the window with the brush resting gently on the window.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 08:52:08 pm »
PWC magazine said to have a flowrate of 1,5l per minute for rinsing brush on.

What are your experiences with that?  :)

NWH

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 08:53:53 pm »
You`ll instinctivly know that your using enough water,i would say slightly more than 1.5 ltrs per minute.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 10:29:18 pm »
I tried on some dirty windows this morning the ones i rinsed brush on , you could still see sand grains on the top 6 inches of window, no matter what i did rinsing brush on didnt remove all the visible grains.

When i rinsed from above with brush off i could see clearly the weight of the water washing the grans down the window.
This is one of the reasons i use fat jets so i can get a heavy flow over the dirt, with narrow jets the proccess is just way to slow.

FAO: Dave St Ives

Dave when you say you use fat jets, am I right in assuming you mean fan jets. I've tried them, make a brilliant noise, but, I've found that I use less water and find it harder to determine if the glass has been rinsed thoroughly enough.  I've switched back to pencil jets as they allow more water to flow through the brush and I can instantly see the water sheeting / cascading down the glass.
My question to you is how can you tell if you are brushing (rinse on) too quickly or do you just flood your windows with water and assume they're clean?

NWH

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 05:28:53 pm »
He means fat jets not fan i think,not the normal 2mm more like the ionic style jet about 3-3.5mm.