m.b.s.

Re: problem problem problem
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 07:01:22 pm »
all these jobs have been on a ring rd so maybe its traffic grease i could of picked up on the brush i did start them last week. and did mine friday after i did them may be this is the cause what do you think will have a look at the brush in 1/2 hour when little one asleep :)

Purecleanplus

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 07:07:17 pm »
I notice noone has mentioned this possibility, but it's a situation I'm left with after all the storms. In my area, the salted up windows from the rotten weather a couple of weeks ago, have started to bake on. I thought a good bit of rinsing would shift it, but noticed on one of my pubs. Looked like I hadn't touched it, just glad I'm still checking these newbie custies after the bad weather. Fortunately a good scrub shifted the mess, but it took a while. Since then have found a few more, feels like brushing over sandpaper on some, vaseline on others!!
It was always worst where water comes off an overhang nearby, like a low roof or badly fitted guttering.
Did 6 bungalows today, all baked on, dipped my brush in a TFR solution, came straight off and gleamed like new when dry.

m.b.s.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 07:10:22 pm »
I notice noone has mentioned this possibility, but it's a situation I'm left with after all the storms. In my area, the salted up windows from the rotten weather a couple of weeks ago, have started to bake on. I thought a good bit of rinsing would shift it, but noticed on one of my pubs. Looked like I hadn't touched it, just glad I'm still checking these newbie custies after the bad weather. Fortunately a good scrub shifted the mess, but it took a while. Since then have found a few more, feels like brushing over sandpaper on some, vaseline on others!!
It was always worst where water comes off an overhang nearby, like a low roof or badly fitted guttering.
Did 6 bungalows today, all baked on, dipped my brush in a TFR solution, came straight off and gleamed like new when dry.
anyone in leeds have a bit of tfr i could have off of them just to clean brush and try it thanks

m.b.s.

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 08:18:25 pm »
some pics of brush dose it look ok

m.b.s.

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 08:22:33 pm »
more pics

m.b.s.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:30 pm »
last just cleaned it in hot water tds 000 in bowl after clean tds 003 water in bowl  ??? so its not that contaminated is it  so if it was grease on it shurly the grease would take the tds reading up wouldent it

m.b.s.

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 08:53:24 pm »
dose it look ok to you lot

Pureandclean

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 09:00:59 pm »
I have had same problem today on a church's windows, upvc windows, quite large panes, went inside to do the internal windows, and after hopur or so noticed many of the windows had runs on them. These windows have always had a bit of a problem with this, but today, terrible. I reckon it is the salt they put on the roads when it is frosty.
I did hear that they were going to spray the salt with molases to make it sticky, so that it would stick to the road surface and not just be blown away after a couple of minutes. If that is the case, it could be that it is sticking to the windows more than normal.
I know when I was trad. it could be very difficult shifting the salt, used to hat this time of year for that.
 Anybody else heard this ?

xxmattyxx

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 09:12:44 pm »
Dunno if grease would either affect the TDS, as its not dissolved; or... could grease in the water by coating the probes render them unable to read an electrical current if it coated them, like an insulation really.

Anyway, brush looks fine, that wallpaper is horrendous  ;D

m.b.s.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 09:16:45 pm »
Dunno if grease would either affect the TDS, as its not dissolved; or... could grease in the water by coating the probes render them unable to read an electrical current if it coated them, like an insulation really.

Anyway, brush looks fine, that wallpaper is horrendous  ;D
tell me about it but the wife liked it so for an easy life i didnt argue with her she won that time ;D ;)

Pj

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 10:36:16 pm »
So

What was the outcome m.b.s.?

m.b.s.

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 10:56:40 pm »
So

What was the outcome m.b.s.?
what you said pj just needed a good clean in hot water bingo i hope how often do you clean yours ;) thanks for that m8 ;)

Pj

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 08:06:26 am »
Mot much, really only when I've done a few first cleans or something like that.  Usually just let it dry out and give it a bashing.
But every now and then treat it to the full warm wash with a bit of soap and thorough rinse.  About once a month at most.