Neil_A

Re: Ladder Man!!
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 04:48:32 pm »
propole you sound like someone was forcing you up the ladder , if they are happy doing it then leave them to it they wasnt doing you any harm, get a life and concentrate on your own work.

LOL

Your post made me larf,  :D
GRADE 'A'

P®oPole™

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 04:50:15 pm »
Trevor,

That was an idiotic reply!

Anyone with any sense would know not to send a man up a ladder that high, its the year 2007 you know!!

You obviously know nothing of employing or HS. We are talking about a mans life here! 46 fatal accidents and 3350 major injuries in 2005/2006. Keep your silly comments to yourself in future.

Pro

nat

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 04:57:50 pm »
i had a guy come and fit my sky digital, he said that he normally went out on the real high jobs, he loved it!

i asked him about the WAHR and what access equipment he used, he said screw that, i'm up a ladder, on my own, on roofs etc etc loves the risk, thrills and the money is great.

only one place he will end up with an attitude like that...6ft under! ::)

P®oPole™

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 05:00:34 pm »

only one place he will end up with an attitude like that...6ft under! ::)

Well said son ;)

trevor perry

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 05:06:55 pm »
 propole hundreds are killed on the roads every year but the government doesnt ban cars ,instead it encourages the safe use of them , yes that ladder is a big one but if set on level ground  it is not windy and the operator feels safe using it then leave him alone otherwise we will start banning everything from horse riding ,skiing ,formula one motorbikes and the list goes on. i agrree that it isnt right to force someone to use that ladder and if they or you didnt want to then that is your right but that doesnt alter the fact that what he was doing was no more dangerous than many other activities taken for granted
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

P®oPole™

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 05:16:16 pm »
Trevor,

I was one of the 3350 seriously injuried in 2005. Without me there would of only been 3349 I fell 20ft and broke both wrists and almost my back or neck so I was told. It happens more than you think so lets not compare risk staistics with 'the road' especialy when you think about how many drivers there are.

Fact that man on the ladder is at serious risk from a fatal accident, more so than crossing the road to buy his morning paper.

Fact, falling from that height 40-45ft plus. One slip, one misjudgment is certain death!!

Pro

Neil_A

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 05:18:39 pm »
Trevor,

I was one of the 3350 seriously injuried in 2005. Without me there would of only been 3349 I fell 20ft and broke both wrists and almost my back or neck so I was told. It happens more than you think so lets not compare risk staistics with 'the road' especialy when you think about how many drivers there are.

Fact that man on the ladder is at serious risk from a fatal accident, more so than crossing the road to buy his morning paper.

Pro

I think you should email the company and tell them what you think  :D
GRADE 'A'

P®oPole™

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 05:22:34 pm »

Why on earth would I do that Neil?

Why dont you email them, you might get more of a "larf" from that. I shall see if I can dig around for it if you like?

Pro

Neil_A

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 05:24:26 pm »

Why on earth would I do that Neil?

Why dont you email them, you might get more of a "larf" from that. I shall see if I can dig around for it if you like?

Pro

LOL, Your the one going on about it?
GRADE 'A'

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 05:51:45 pm »
Pro

I came off a ladder years ago spent the day in hospital but i dont tell everyone how things should be done, or argue with people on the subject.

I fell off because the ladder was not great the lesson i learnt was to use the correct ladder for the correct job window cleaning ladders are and can still be safe its an integral part of window cleaning.

I know and understand H&S and as many know ive spent tens of thousands designing the new skypole wfp.

Just calm down, and have a giggle at the mad people of the world.

ronnie paton

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 07:28:24 pm »
some people have come on and said they thinks it fine and some not so it shows how people have different opinions on wot is safe and wot is not!

some people get drunk and drive and thinks thats safe though!!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 10:17:39 pm »
I have in the past cleaned windows as high as that up a ladder but thankfully have seen sense to use WFP for the safety reasons. I would have sleepless nights if I ever went that high up a ladder nowadays because I have probably lost my nerve now that my feet are firmly on the ground most of the time waiving a WFP stick in the air.

I just hope the water companies don't ban us from using WFP when the droughts come along as I can foresee an increase of  'newbie WFP only' cleaners having ladder accidents :(

Neil271052

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 07:38:59 am »
I saw this one at a HS meeting

Yeah they love showing that sort of stuff but always generally from China or some poor backward eastern European country that hasn't the "benefit" of our wonderful H&S whilst the training company is making a fortune trying to terrify you about stuff you do everyday?

When I was bill posting they even said because of the likelihood of bird mess we should wear respirators!!

Needless to say we didn't take them up on it.  :D

Too many instances of nannying and ridiculous pronouncements from 'elf and safety in the newspapers every day for me to go into here.

Of course safety must be our priority but don't sh"t  yourself about it.
Cheers,
Neil