P®oPole™

Ladder Man!!
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:05:11 pm »

A pic I took a few months back, big names taking silly risks.

HSE and the W.A.H.D is nothing short of a joke!!

Pro

Dean Aspects

Re: Ladder Man!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:10:03 pm »
Its the headless ladderman!!!

Dean

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:16:30 pm »
MENTAL ??? ??? ???

martindrz400

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:17:35 pm »
i clean this block all wfp its in herts

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 08:17:47 pm »
Thank goodness for WFP :)

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 09:05:13 pm »
at least hes wearing a high vis vest, he will know be seen by any areoplanes flyng by ;D

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »
too bad if the ladder slips!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:31 pm »
at least hes wearing a high vis vest,

That's so they can find him quicker if he falls off.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

steve m

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 07:58:51 am »
I know it might sound stupid, but instead of sounding off on here, why not ring up h.s.e.and report the company concened otherwise this practice just carries on

Pole2pole

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 08:22:08 am »
I think you'll find that Mr Murdoch will tell H&S to b*gger off and go and pick on someone smaller and H&S will say, oops sorry,of course sir, sorry for disturbing you Mr Murdoch sir. Kinda similar to us lickin up to the Saudi guy that's over here at the minute. It's all about money. No sat dish on building means 20k less a year for the big man. And in this world of "party funding" i reckon the Guv will make an exception here and there.H&S probably wouldn't wanna know. In my cynical opinion  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 08:26:40 am »
Oooohhh, that's high. :o

Ian sent me up a ladder that sort of height on my first day all those years ago.
Come to think of it, it was one of my first windows.

Almost didn't come back the next day.
Git. ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 09:42:15 am »
we cannot see if the ladder is footed or tied as the bushes are in the way ,also it may not be possible to get access with a cherrypicker due to grassed area are unstable ground etc . True it would be possible to errect a scaffold but if the job would only take a couple of minutes to complete then the errecting of a scaffold could be more of a risk than climbing a ladder a couple of times.
  Before you reply and say he is breaking the law because the ladder is over 9m high just ask yourself why are ladder companies still making ladders that reacc 20m if 9m is maximum height, the WAHD is a complete joke and in certain instances a ladder should be used providing competant people use them and precautions are taken to prevent ladder movement , i used to use ladders this height all day long and you knew you had done a days work running up them all day long and i am glad that now we use wfp but on the odd occasion the big ladder will still be used to remove egg and fat poured on windows that wfp wont remove (dirty students) as i dont think universites will pay an extra few hundred pounds for the sake of an odd window with egg on especially when part of risk assesment is does the cost justify the use of a cherrypicker.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 02:58:34 pm »
It's OK.  He's got a harness on (strapped to the ladder  :)  )  .

Neil271052

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 03:45:24 pm »
Well said Trevor.

You load of H&S pansies.  :D

How do you think jobs got done before your hosepipe on a stick?

If you are competent with ladders there is no danger if you are careful.

I used to post advertising hoardings as high as that early morning in London for 25 years, never an accident.

I'm afraid many younger folk (and WC's on here  ;)) are only used to being nannied by the state and it will only get worse, playgrounds being shut down, can't wear football boots as they are dangerous to other children etc etc....

Bah, humbug! ::)
Cheers,
Neil

ronnie paton

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 04:03:21 pm »
the ladder isnt even fully extended, i wonder how high that is

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 04:16:47 pm »
I saw this one at a HS meeting

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

P®oPole™

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 04:35:54 pm »

Know one was footing it!!!
He worked on two sides of the building an the other side was the car park with ample room for access equipment. Also they was up that 'ladder' on the block next door with plent of room for a picker.

Pro

Kwackers

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 04:40:17 pm »
Forget that!

trevor perry

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 04:40:35 pm »
propole you sound like someone was forcing you up the ladder , if they are happy doing it then leave them to it they wasnt doing you any harm, get a life and concentrate on your own work.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt