Clear Vision

Re: How quick is WFP???...take a look and see!
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 05:54:43 pm »
Squeaky,

I hate to admit this but I'm with you on that one! :-[

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 06:05:00 pm »
C Senior,

I couild have simply removed roger's reply, and if that was me up there in the video clip I'd have happily accepted any critisism thrown at me, but it wasn't me, and to make totally unjustified comments such as Squeaky did was wrong. What he said was a very personal insult and slur on someone who has made many fine and constructive posts on this and other forums.
Debate is fine, but think about what you say before you put it in writing.

Drew,
you won't do the job this quick with a low flow rate! your flow rate will, by and large dictate the maximum speed you can work at.
you have the flow up high and still work at a gentle pace then you will merely waste water.
Set your flowrate at level that you can work comfortably, you gotta learn to walk before you can learn to run!

Roger,
I'm in Kingsmark Tomorrow, I've a few very straight forward cleans, I can't work as fast as Peter, but if you want to see exactly what can be done and at what speed then give me a call in the morning.
What you see Peter doing is not exceptional.

Dave,
Correct, it is about how fast you can clean with a WFP, but I'm also sure I memtioned that it was what can be done on a regular repeat type of clean!

Impacted dirt, bird dropping, greasy, salty wind?
you are right in all you say, no way could you clean windows that are filthy dirty in that time  :o
Most of us, on repeat work will constantly come across windows that hardly have a mark on them, those in windy coastal areas have a much tougher job, and not just with WFP, but trad too, salt laden winds make window cleaning hard work regardless of the method you use.

Tosh,
The job is yours, she primly told me to sling me hook :-\ she will stick with you :'(
I don't mind though, you do more there than I do ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

P®oPole™

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 06:16:28 pm »
Ian is spot on with what he says, it is possible to clean at that speed providing its a monthly clean there is no bird muck etc you need to have a high flow, however I personally wouldnt clean that fast but sometimes I wouldnt be far behind him, I would give the top frame a little more attention, also I like to rinse a little more but I cant see exactly how the water is reacting if its sheeting really nice you can some times rinse from the top of the window without going down it, giving the pole a little whip from side to side the water will cascade down takin all impurities with it. this can all be done easily with brush left on the glass  ;D ;D

ProPole

Ian_Giles

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 06:19:14 pm »
I think you will find that the job that Peter has done will be as good as any that you could do.
Maybe he can, but not in 10 seconds like that, no. Not a chance.

Wasn't ten seconds Roger...it was 17 seconds ;D
Come along and time me tomorrow, I'll be 10 seconds slower than that though, and if you can find fault with my work I'll come on here and eat humble pie :-[

I'm also talking about standard, easy to clean UPVC windows (a georgian one will take a couple of seconds longer ;D)

Ian

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 06:41:11 pm »
steady children please, this isn't the place for that kind of personal argument,

No offence intended but could you both edit your posts to remove the acrimony?

Ian

Rise N Shine

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 06:49:34 pm »
So much talk on this forum is based around speed of this and speed of that, what i would really love to see is a video of the results that can be achieved with WFP, that video means nothing unless the results afterwards can be seen.
I could run up a ladder and flick the window with a scrim and run back down the ladder, it wouldn't be a very good result though.

james cairns

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 06:49:55 pm »
guys you say you have a fast flow rate what does this mean do you set your varistream to booster, just wondered

jinky

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 06:50:22 pm »
Sorry, Ian and Rog,

I am a wind-up merchant; it's my hobby.  Ask Wor Lass.  Ask Ian_Giles.

I nearly gave our Ian a heart-attack this morning; creeping up on him while he was sat in his van, reading the paper and shouting 'boo'.  Despite the name Ian_Giles called me; it still made me chuckle.

Relevant posts deleted.

Apologies to both.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 06:51:52 pm »
steady children please, this isn't the place for that kind of personal argument,

Ian
Post deleted....reluctantly.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 06:54:49 pm »
Thanks guys.....apreciated

Ian

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 07:02:21 pm »

Ian
Post deleted....reluctantly.

Thanks Squeaky,

But you've got to admit, WFP is pretty quick, especially when you've got loads of ladder work to do; cool looking too!

Instead of moving and climbing up and down a ladder, you just take a couple of steps and you're at the next window.

It just seems too easy sometimes.

We do over 300 cleans per month, okay, small cheese by some standards; we're very much still 'Mickey Mouse', but I've only lost a small handfull of customers because of WFP and taken on armfulls of new ones; some of which I wouldn't even have considered taking on as a trad window cleaner, since they were too high, to awkward or too much like hard work; and these accounts are often my best paying work.

It's not a bad tool, really, is it?

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 07:11:57 pm »

Tosh,
The job is yours, she primly told me to sling me hook :-\ she will stick with you :'(
I don't mind though, you do more there than I do ;)

Ian

Sorry Mate,

She fancies me, I think; she's only human.

If you like I'll drop her.

But I do both her neighbors, the house over the road and all those bungalows near her!

Anyway, that'll teach you for taking over that £100 account I used to do in the town centre and getting it for £120; on a more regular basis than we did it too!!!

;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 07:25:09 pm »
Yeah I know 8)

No, don't drop her, carry on dude, she is kinda good looking too!
It's why I said for you to carry on with her, you do the neighbour and one opposite, so it makes sense for you to do it.

On another occasion I agree with you dropping her...just to teach her a lesson! but she's actually quite nice!

Jinky,

I personally don't have varistream, so can't comment, I've a 60 psi pump, I used to use Peter's re-circulating system, but I've done away with that now and work with the pump blasting flat out all the time.
If you have a 100psi pump then you'll need the control that varistream will give you.
Although I looked on the williamson site and I'm sure I read that the flow rate varies with some of their pumps for WFP; ie, at full pressure the flow rate per min is 1.5 litres per min.
At half power it is 2.5 litres per min.

so check with the manufacturer!! My figures above were guess work by the way, but you get the idea.

If you want to know your flow rate at any given setting, turn pump on for a minute at each setting and measure what is delivered.

Ian

C Senor

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 07:38:22 pm »
Sorry Ian but i am in total disagreement with the way you have handled this thread.

I read Squeakys post and didnt see anything which was a personal insult to the guy in the video. He simply just stated his opinion (thats how i perceive it anyway)

If you own a website selling WFP systems and put a video up like that, then what do you expect people to do ? Squeaky only said what everyone was thinking, it was rubbish.

I find it very sad that you have removed his opinion, and i think it downgrades the whole purpose of a 'forum' as a place of discussion.

I for one am saddened by the road the 'cleanitup forum' is taking, it is getting to the point that the 'window cleaning issues' should perhaps be changed to the 'WFP Issues'

james cairns

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 07:39:57 pm »
thanks for replying ian

now am I right in believing if I turn thr varistream down I get more of a flow rate

was also reading tosh statement  about a house across the road etc

up here if a window cleaner has the whole area then no one goes in and I am talking areas as big as 500 houses

but down your way they seem to do them in the same street is this right or have I picked this up wrong

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2006, 07:47:25 pm »

I for one am saddened by the road the 'cleanitup forum' is taking, it is getting to the point that the 'window cleaning issues' should perhaps be changed to the 'WFP Issues'

The only thing that makes this forum is the members, and it's the members here who start and contribute to threads.

If you wish to start a new 'trad related' thread; go ahead.  There's nothing stopping you.  In fact the 'trad threads' always get a good response, because most of the WFP users here are also experienced in trad. 

It's no good being a 'ladder only' member here and whinging that there's too much WFP stuff on this forum, if you're not willing to start a new thread for any desired 'trad' topic you wish you hear other opinions on.

Your post seems to indicate that we're all WFP suppliers and trying to sell it to you, or something.

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 07:58:14 pm »
up here if a window cleaner has the whole area then no one goes in and I am talking areas as big as 500 houses

but down your way they seem to do them in the same street is this right or have I picked this up wrong

In some areas around Chepstow there's at least nine or ten window cleaners working in the same areas, each having chunks of work here and there.

I clean a wadge of houses in one street where Squeaky also works.  I also clean close to an area where Ian_Giles works; although we've an agreement in that area as to where and what we clean (Yew Tree Drive).

I also clean quite a few houses around where Leekson's (a member here) lives and works; though he's done well canvassing the houses I could've had; had I canvassed them myself.  Good on him.

ALS Cleaning Services (Alan), another member here, is someone else I regularly bump into cleaning windows in areas I work in.

There's almost no estate type areas I can think of where one window cleaner dominates the whole scene; and if I did hear of such a place; I think that would be a good place to canvass! ;D

neil100

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 08:12:40 pm »
I have just watched the two videos.

The first one shows how quick wfp is to set up and start cleaning. I have read such a lot of nonsense of how long people think it takes to set up before you can start cleaning, or some wfp's who seam to have diffuculty in getting set up quickly. Its very simple as shown in video 1, Get pole and hose and walk. On the more awkward propertys their is an art to doing it right, if you have enough common sense you will make it look easy.

The second video does not show wfp at its best. My only concern Especially if its an high flow rate. Why having finished the second upstairs window would you make it look like your about to start cleaning the window directly underneath. Their is a porch with guttering under the first window cleaned, Surely you would start on the porch door before the window.

I am not nit picking, but if you are going to sell wfp equipment and be a supplier then you should just spend an extra few minutes giving more thought to how you are going to show wfp.

Nel.

geefree

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 08:20:26 pm »
wow, that was a good read.... you watching dave? ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 08:28:47 pm »

I find it very sad that you have removed his opinion, and i think it downgrades the whole purpose of a 'forum' as a place of discussion.

Er, C Senior,
I've not removed Squeaky's reply, only rapped his knuckles for the way in which displayed his opinion,
Defaming the man was not on.

But this was and is a WFP thread, anyone can contribute of course, but for someone who has never even used the system to say that a window cannot possibly be cleaned to a good standard in that time...well...it is only guesswork because they simply do not nor cannot know.

Squeaks as everyone knows is our resident WFP hater, I keep offering him the chance to time or prove that what I claim cannot be done..so far he refuses to accept the challenge.
I thought he might this time as I'm not calling into question anything to do with his work, Rather I'm putting myself up to risk being shot down in flames :-[

Squeaks scoffs at the fact that some of us reckon a window can be cleaned to a good standard so fast, I'm not sure I could do a normal window to a good standard in just 17 seconds, but I know I can do one comfortably in 30 seconds or less.
I would just like to be able to have the chance to prove it to the forum's reknown WFP hater.

Abacus wasn't impressed with the presentation of the equipment, and in particular in comparison to Ionics.
Well, yes, not as slick and corperate as Ionics, Peter has done all his own work, but it just shows a normal working guy in his van towing a trailer mount system and setting up.
Were Squeaks not such an ardent hater of WFP, this would be the exact system I would recommend to him, hell, if his parents or partners parents couldn't help him out with water storage, if he got a 1000 litre IBC tank I'd be more than happy for him to use my place.
All he'd have to do would be to call around and fill up his 350 litre tank every couple of days.
Not that he will of course, he's more than happy to stay working off ladders.

Neil is right in his observations too, I would do the window under the porch roof first too...not that I thought about it until he pointed it out though!!

Ian