david mark

Phantom pole faulty
« on: December 20, 2019, 02:38:58 pm »
Purchased a 18 facelift phantom carbon fibre pole September 2019 this week I am now experiencing creaking sounds coming from section 1 and 2 .Called Window cleaning  Warehouse and explained to them what was happening they said I must have a long goosneck or heavy brush fitted but the brush is a Gardiner light weight brush an standard neck he said the pole should be fine just adjust the clamps, tryed this but still not solved the creeking .Any ideas as to what is causing this

dd

Re: Phantom pole faulty
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:54:45 pm »
You have not over extended the pole causing one of the sections to be damaged?

Do you get the noise only when section fully extended?

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 05:38:16 pm »
Have u been maintaining it, spraying it with dry ptfe spray, if its not a cracked section you think you have then why not try some dry lube spray?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 05:51:31 pm »
All poles do this over time the fact is the more you pay or the better the pole the longer it will take for it to wear before you experience this,as said once this starts happening don’t over extend the sections this is what happens to most people that always use the pole fully extended.
Spraying the pole sections does prolong the life of the pole a lot lot longer,and adds to strengthening the sections.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 05:58:56 pm »
I find that grit in the pole can sometimes cause creaking sounds.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 06:23:26 pm »
Purchased a 18 facelift phantom carbon fibre pole September 2019 this week I am now experiencing creaking sounds coming from section 1 and 2 .Called Window cleaning  Warehouse and explained to them what was happening they said I must have a long goosneck or heavy brush fitted but the brush is a Gardiner light weight brush an standard neck he said the pole should be fine just adjust the clamps, tryed this but still not solved the creeking .Any ideas as to what is causing this

take all the sections apart and flush out with water,re assemble and spray with PTFE spray......its probably just grit inside the pole sections.......ill be doing this with my xtreme poles over the xmas holidays as part of my equipment maintenance ready for the new year.... :)
price higher/work harder!

david mark

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 05:35:42 pm »
The phantom poles don't come with taped ends so easy to pull a section out I've only had Gardiner poles  in the past . I have been maintaining the pole as I do with my Gardiner pole the Phantom pole looks slightly thinner in diameter .Will spray ptfe over the weekend see if that helps thanks for the advice