Missing Link

Re: It's been a while since I moaned about a customer .
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 10:21:16 am »
Stab her dog in the neck.

(Only joking; she sounds like a bunny boiler; forget and move on.)
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 11:05:32 am »
There are some people who have nothing better to do other than to cause misery to others with no other reason than entertaining themselves. They make it a hobby getting an organsm when arguing.

God help them when they have something more imortant in their lives.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »
Dear Mrs Lady,

I am mortified to hear that 'my representative' used a mop on a stick for your windows!

Normally we only use a mop on a stick for ladies. For the occasional ones like you we encounter we normally ask to use their own broom.

Perhaps you would leave yours out under the car port when you come into land next time you return from Hogwarts.

As for payment your offer of five pounds is summararily rejected and we suggest that you put said funds towards getting a better besom.

As for a neighbourhood forum - words fail me. That would be as sad as me being part of a window cleaning forum!

Twist of newt and bat's ears.

Crystal Skull

It's a game of three halves!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 05:53:09 pm »
Dear Mrs Lady,

I am mortified to hear that 'my representative' used a mop on a stick for your windows!

Normally we only use a mop on a stick for ladies. For the occasional ones like you we encounter we normally ask to use their own broom.

Perhaps you would leave yours out under the car port when you come into land next time you return from Hogwarts.

As for payment your offer of five pounds is summararily rejected and we suggest that you put said funds towards getting a better besom.

As for a neighbourhood forum - words fail me. That would be as sad as me being part of a window cleaning forum!

Twist of newt and bat's ears.

Crystal Skull
I love it hahaha  :D :D :D :D
Thank you:)

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 11:59:28 am »
Reminds me of a few years back, gf got locked out her flat. Locksmith charged her £70 to slip a plastic card up side of latch to unlock it. Took seconds. She was gobsmacked at the charge for length of time. His reply "well I've done what you asked and have  provided my services for the pre agreed price, the method is irrelevant as long as the expectations are met".

And this is much the same. I'd have asked her if her windows are clean. They are ?  then you pay me simples. My method is irrelevant. I provided what was requested.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 01:09:40 pm »
..... and failing that I'd just write it off and move on. I just can't be arsed these days and am far too busy to mess around and waste any more time on people like that. My sanity and free time is worth more to me.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 03:13:49 pm »
just spoken to a customer who's cancelled after 8 years!

she said its just water on a brush and her husband can do that!!

she used your line. it made me laugh  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 05:36:18 pm »

I pity the window cleaner they ask to scrub off all the hard water spots ( if they can even find anyone )

markymark

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2019, 05:55:47 pm »

I started cleaning an neighbours house (an old boy) after he'd seen me poling and thought his modified fishing pole and brush fed from the tap would have the same results   ::)roll

To be fair he probably did a better job with it  ;D
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

markymark

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2019, 06:00:04 pm »
Reminds me of a few years back, gf got locked out her flat. Locksmith charged her £70 to slip a plastic card up side of latch to unlock it. Took seconds. She was gobsmacked at the charge for length of time. His reply "well I've done what you asked and have  provided my services for the pre agreed price, the method is irrelevant as long as the expectations are met".

And this is much the same. I'd have asked her if her windows are clean. They are ?  then you pay me simples. My method is irrelevant. I provided what was requested.

Exactly this. In my mind if you pay a carpenter or joiner you pay for the job they do - you don't get to demand they use an American driver or hand drill because that's what you expect them to use. It isn't 1974 any more. As long as the work is done to the standard agreed on then some customers need to reminded what year it is  ;D
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Windy Miller

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2019, 08:27:40 pm »

Haha this one always makes me laugh, had one similar who's husband was going to do them with the power washer from now on.

The unnerving thing about it all was I didn't even get a call to come back, really made me question my technique 🤔

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2019, 08:31:02 pm »
I have had this twice in my 14 years , that just goes to show the level of service I provide , and I know it , so whenever I get this I go bananas and don’t care what happens.
The first time I was offered 5 of the 10 owed , I told him to keep it as I was putting the dirt back on the very next day .
As promised I went back next day with a pressure sprayer of muddy water and let him have it.
That evening he called and went ballistic, I was going in the local rag to ruin me , I told him to fill his boots as I had far too much work on and could do with losing a few !

The second was not long after my stroke in 2015 , bloke ran up 2 cleans at 12 and point blank refused to pay with not even a reason why .
My dad was driving me around as they had revoked my license due to
the stroke , I gave him the next address and he started to laugh , I then stuck my brush into the flower beds and got to painting.
Never heard back from that one!

I made a point of telling all my custies on both occasions and the general reply was “ I don’t blame you “

I don’t suffer fools 😆
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 11:07:04 pm »
I have had this twice in my 14 years , that just goes to show the level of service I provide , and I know it , so whenever I get this I go bananas and don’t care what happens.
The first time I was offered 5 of the 10 owed , I told him to keep it as I was putting the dirt back on the very next day .
As promised I went back next day with a pressure sprayer of muddy water and let him have it.
That evening he called and went ballistic, I was going in the local rag to ruin me , I told him to fill his boots as I had far too much work on and could do with losing a few !

The second was not long after my stroke in 2015 , bloke ran up 2 cleans at 12 and point blank refused to pay with not even a reason why .
My dad was driving me around as they had revoked my license due to
the stroke , I gave him the next address and he started to laugh , I then stuck my brush into the flower beds and got to painting.
Never heard back from that one!

I made a point of telling all my custies on both occasions and the general reply was “ I don’t blame you “

I don’t suffer fools 😆

although ive been tempted to do the old "muddy water in  a pressure sprayer" trick once or twice........ive never actually done it,i bet it feels good though rich! :)

i usually just cut the brake cables on their cars instead..... ;)
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:02 am »
Better still if you cut the pipes.  ;D