dazmond

brittle xtreme sections.....
« on: May 22, 2019, 04:12:17 pm »
section 3 now(split) today a 1/3 down from the top of the section.......after snapping section 2 last month..... >:(.....this pole is 11 months old......personally i think these poles are too brittle for use as an everyday pole......so ive replaced the section with an SLX section so i now have

sections 1,2,3 SLX and sections 4 and 5 XTREME on my 25 ft every day pole.........

im lucky as ive got quite a few old slxs and xtreme poles lying around at home and i could probably cobble together another few xtreme/SLX hybrid 25 footers to last me a few years yet..... :)
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

Re: brittle xtreme sections.....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 04:21:52 pm »
Slx for me is the right balance of weight and robustness

zesty

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 05:09:12 pm »
I don’t know how you do it daz.

I’ve two xtremes over 4 years and never snapped one.

Are you eating too much spinach?

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 05:14:59 pm »
Sounds like Triggers broom
We look at them, they look through them.

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 05:33:42 pm »
Extreme poles get brittle if they're not taken abroad, preferably to a different continent, at least twice a year.

As a holiday.

You have to keep them in the manner which they have become accustomed.

Its no good buying an extreme pole and leaving it at home whilst you jet off round the globe.

Alex doesn't mention this on his website, but over time you learn these things. I go away 5 times a year, usually to some place with 48 hour room service every day, 15 course meals (thats just breakfast) thrown in, a different continent each time, a dirty ol' scrubber to satisfy my testosterone fuelled bedroom 'needs' and a 19 * luxury gaff with a fully equipped gym located on the walls of each compass point of the resort.

That way I get to earn the same as what my brother was earning in 13 years time  ??? ???

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 05:49:45 pm »
You forgot the air con  :D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

deeege

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 05:54:31 pm »
I blame all the working out Daz. Now you’ve got rid of your man boobs you don’t appear to be able to control your own strength.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 06:06:13 pm »
Perhaps you need a more...'tender touch'.

Or... just replace them; tools of the trade and all that.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 06:07:24 pm »

do you use them every day though?for everything?including f/s/g jobs,etc?
do you often clean awkward angle windows with your pole fully extended?......i do...lots of times a month....

ive had a few models of xtreme poles over the years and kept thinking the newer versions might be more robust but i dont think they are.....the only sections ive ever snapped are all xtreme sections.......6 of them now!

i think ill be sticking to the SLX range from now on....shame really as i like the rigidity and lightness of the xtreme.....i think a glass pole would be tougher! ;D ;D

wayne m

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 06:25:36 pm »
Why not give the phantom hi-mod a go and see how you get on before going back to the slx as an every day pole

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 06:43:56 pm »
Why not give the phantom hi-mod a go and see how you get on before going back to the slx as an every day pole

the reason is that my gardiner carbon goosenecks and spare gardiner pole sections,etc dont fit the phantom poles,also ive not heard any good stories in regards to the phantom hi mod pole either.....

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 07:15:11 pm »
Ive only had mine a few months but don think id buy another, i cant imagine it will be much good after a year... but time will tell

ill simply use my slx 18 for most stuff then buy a 25 and a 35 for odd jobs

i love my extreme also but the wear rate is shocking given its only a few of months old

slx tend to last about 2 years with the clamps usually the first thing to break before the sections

zesty

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 08:42:53 pm »

do you use them every day though?for everything?including f/s/g jobs,etc?
do you often clean awkward angle windows with your pole fully extended?......i do...lots of times a month....

ive had a few models of xtreme poles over the years and kept thinking the newer versions might be more robust but i dont think they are.....the only sections ive ever snapped are all xtreme sections.......6 of them now!

i think ill be sticking to the SLX range from now on....shame really as i like the rigidity and lightness of the xtreme.....i think a glass pole would be tougher! ;D ;D

Yes mate, used for everything!

Even softwashing.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 08:57:20 pm »
section 3 now(split) today a 1/3 down from the top of the section.......after snapping section 2 last month..... >:(.....this pole is 11 months old......personally i think these poles are too brittle for use as an everyday pole......so ive replaced the section with an SLX section so i now have

sections 1,2,3 SLX and sections 4 and 5 XTREME on my 25 ft every day pole.........

im lucky as ive got quite a few old slxs and xtreme poles lying around at home and i could probably cobble together another few xtreme/SLX hybrid 25 footers to last me a few years yet..... :)
I have been saying they are brittle for years ;)

Give me a SLX any day!!

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 09:24:50 pm »
My extreme 22 is two years old now.

Still great. It slips a little when fully collapsed. But I can live with that. I just clamp it about an inch lower.

Gets used for everything.

Something i started doing, was regularly cleaning the pole hose. Every time I collapse the pole and move to a different section of a property I coil the pole hose up while I’ve got a cloth in my hand and clean it.

I never drag the pole hose on the floor and then extend the pole.

Not sure if that’s the reason why this has lasted so long, but it has to help.

I won’t use anything else than an extreme
Now.

Once this one goes, I’m getting an extreme
18 (for the mrs mostly) and an extreme 25.

Perfect combos.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 09:26:30 pm »
Looking at it another way my Xtreme 22 went through about £90,000 worth of residential work before section #3 split.  I actually don’t consider that bad going and wouldn’t hesitate to get another.
Even with a 30cm split I could still use it fully extended. Just had to be more careful when shutting windows. I replaced the split section about a month ago before it went completely. I recon section #2 will go next as like section #3 it is wearing both inside and out unlike section #1 which is only wearing on the outside.
 In use, I notice the weight difference between the SLX and Xtreme quite a bit and way prefer the Xtreme over the SLX to work with.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 09:34:41 pm »
I think the clue's in the title with the extreme.  ::)roll It's for extreme use or if you're carrying an injury or similar. If you're gonna use it as an everyday pole it's not gonna last too long. SLX for me. Maybe CLX for staff.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 11:04:26 pm »
My extreme 22 is two years old now.

Still great. It slips a little when fully collapsed. But I can live with that. I just clamp it about an inch lower.

Gets used for everything.

Something i started doing, was regularly cleaning the pole hose. Every time I collapse the pole and move to a different section of a property I coil the pole hose up while I’ve got a cloth in my hand and clean it.

I never drag the pole hose on the floor and then extend the pole.

Not sure if that’s the reason why this has lasted so long, but it has to help.

I won’t use anything else than an extreme
Now.

Once this one goes, I’m getting an extreme
18 (for the mrs mostly) and an extreme 25.

Perfect combos.

i always clean the pole hose and flush the pole out with water  at regular intervals(and use PTFE spray!) ::)roll

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 11:47:25 pm »
Two words: Brodex.
Well it felt like two.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 08:53:03 am »
im toying with the idea that in future when i need a new 25ft everyday pole to order 3  top SLX sections and 2 Xtreme sections(base and no 4).that comes in at just under £520 with VAT.this would then probably last me at least 2 years before needing replacing and would solve the wear/strength issues on the top 3 sections......