matthewprice

Hose through van floor
« on: October 19, 2018, 07:43:20 am »
Hi I was wanting to thread hose through van flood .its a kangoo.prefer to do this at side door .wondering if anyone else has done this with this van . Thanks matt

dazmond

Re: Hose through van floor
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:48:34 am »
dont see the point myself......
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 07:54:55 am »
No point. A hose should be fine to run under a closed door fine.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:18:28 am »
Mines through the the van floor, one benefit of that is that you lock the doors and just unravel the hose as you go to your furthest point, you don't have to go back to the van to shut the doors on the hose.
Just nice and convenient and very quick and efficient, which is one of my 'things'

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:33:56 am »
I agree with the above. It’s the most efficient way of working. Unless you want to leave the back doors of your open and ££££ there open
To be nicked.

I would say the side for adds restriction for you though. The back allows access to both sides no matter where you park.

I just grab my pole, lock my doors and reel out. I can even reel out to the front of the van with my rollers from Waterworks.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 08:58:19 am »
See I would have just reversed up, pulled hose, gone back to van for pole & locked up. Hose under door with a bit of slack.

Oh & remember to switch the pump on unless you got a remote!

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 06:43:59 pm »
See I would have just reversed up, pulled hose, gone back to van for pole & locked up. Hose under door with a bit of slack.

Oh & remeber to switch the pump on unless you got a remote!

That works too, but I want to be as efficient as possible. Needlessly walking back to the van many times through out the day is time I’d rather spend
Getting finished sooner.

Plus there is two of us working, so no matter how you park there’s always one of us going to the front of the van.

My pump stays on all day too so no problems there.  ;)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 06:50:50 pm »
How do you fit a hose under a closed door.  You cant in my van

matthewprice

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 07:07:47 pm »
The reason i wanted to do this .you cant lock drivers /passenger doors if any of the back doors are open ,on Wednesday someone went into the front of van ,couldnt see anything missing .at least not yet lol .as i have aan extreamly condensed round, all ways leave side door open and pole  conected to reel .if hose goes through floor its easier to keep locked

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 07:33:46 pm »
The disadvantage I see to this is every job you have to disconnect the pole from the reel

Currently the only time the pole is disconnected is the end of the day, I’d find constantly connecting the pole a bit of a pain

Do you leave the end of the hose exposed when driving or do you need to thread it back through the floor every job ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 08:11:11 pm »
The disadvantage I see to this is every job you have to disconnect the pole from the reel

Currently the only time the pole is disconnected is the end of the day, I’d find constantly connecting the pole a bit of a pain

Do you leave the end of the hose exposed when driving or do you need to thread it back through the floor every job ?

Darran

That is true.

There’s probably a way around it mind you. I just have got used to reconnecting at every job.

The hose connection doesn’t actually fit through my rollers, so the hose is kept outside the van.

Just pull up to a job, grab the pole, and reach under the bumper for the connection.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 08:21:34 pm »

Darran

That is true.

There’s probably a way around it mind you. I just have got used to reconnecting at every job.

The hose connection doesn’t actually fit through my rollers, so the hose is kept outside the van.

Just pull up to a job, grab the pole, and reach under the bumper for the connection.

A frost protection system would not be able to feed back to tank then if that's the case.   

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 08:29:53 pm »
I run a hose through rollers under the floor pan occasionally, saves time

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 09:15:53 pm »

Darran

That is true.

I don't disconnect, just shut the door on the thin pole hose on the middle of the doors

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 10:29:38 pm »

Darran

That is true.

A frost protection system would not be able to feed back to tank then if that's the case.

I have the same the hose is through rollers under the van and the fitting that goes onto the pole I use hoseless fittings on all poles is permanently out side the van but I connect the pole hose into a hose that goes through the van floor back to the tank this keeps the boiler running all day and frost stat still works

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 11:08:59 pm »
The reason i wanted to do this .you cant lock drivers /passenger doors if any of the back doors are open ,on Wednesday someone went into the front of van ,couldnt see anything missing .at least not yet lol .as i have aan extreamly condensed round, all ways leave side door open and pole  conected to reel .if hose goes through floor its easier to keep locked

really?i lock my DRIVER/PASSENGER doors and side door on my  connect L2 240 all the time when working with back doors open? ???

i thought all vans let you do this? ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 08:06:10 am »

Darran

That is true.

I’m having grippa rig up a different frost stat for me. A section of pipe inside the van from
The hose reel connection to the return pipe. That way I just open a valve inside the van.

Only down side is that my reel won’t be frost protected. But I think essentially it will, as hot water is getting pumped into my tank and my reels are mounted on top of the tank.

colin bird

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 08:08:36 am »
I have a purefreedom van mounted  system which has  hoses  coming through floor that connect to hose lock fittings that are  fitted to a bracket below bumper,this enables me to work with van locked,and allows me to angle hose reel in the direction I want

Jonny 87

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 08:23:55 am »
I have a purefreedom van mounted  system which has  hoses  coming through floor that connect to hose lock fittings that are  fitted to a bracket below bumper,this enables me to work with van locked,and allows me to angle hose reel in the direction I want

Lifting the reel in and out the van sounds like hard work for me. I worked that way for years. The good point was being able to have the reel point  in any direction.

Now I have a powered reel inside the van which I much prefer.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 08:30:12 am »

Darran

That is true.

I’m having grippa rig up a different frost stat for me. A section of pipe inside the van from
The hose reel connection to the return pipe. That way I just open a valve inside the van.

Only down side is that my reel won’t be frost protected. But I think essentially it will, as hot water is getting pumped into my tank and my reels are mounted on top of the tank.

I always find the frost protection is best to go through the hose as the coiled hose acts as a radiator for hours after the heater switches off reducing the number of times it comes on over night.